1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sins in the church that dwarf abortion

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ungodliness, preaching a unbiblical gospel, etc..

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my estimation, the issue of abortion goes much deeper than the outward act of killing. At the heart of the matter is an inward defiance against God's prerogative as the giver and taker of life.

Someone doesn't want a kid, so they take the matter into their own hands.

I believe it is this same self centered defiance or lack of trust that drives women to take birth control, to have their tubes tied, and for men to have a vasectomy.

We don't want kids right now, so she's on birth control
    We can't afford any more kids, so he's having a vasectomy
    Three kids are enough, so she's having her tubes tied
    If she gets pregnant again, her health could be jeopardized. Let's tie her tubes

These are the same motives for abortion - a simple refusal to acknowledge God as the One who knows best, and governs the issue of life and death. How far will someone go to ensure that he or she is propped up as the one who knows best?

The outward manifestation is different from case to case. For some, it's a simple pill. For others, it is the discarding of a living baby. But at the heart of the matter, it is the same issue. Even among believers,

And I believe the inward defiance is a sin that dwarfs the outward manifestation every time

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Apostle paul contrasted the "natural" affections/desires that God created and intended for mankinf, that men have relationships with females, and contrasted that with unnatural perversions of men exchanging that for sex with other men, women with women...

VERY clear God sees one type of sexual sin more henuious than another!

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

For someone who claims to have me on ignore, you certainly keep lil ole me on your mind. You just want me to go get the Duck Dynasty lawyers to put you and your censoring ways on blast.[​IMG]

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

100% correct. Again, you've just got certain folks on this board and in the church who have adopted this as one of their pet sins and thus it is said that it dwarfs every other sin because it makes them feel justified in their political behaviors toward those who are pro-abortion.

The reasoning is political. It has nothing to do with God and that is evident.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again 100% correct. And it highlights why the OP and folks in the church who think that way do.

For them, it's an issue of proving that they are right. There's never any mention for the totality of the sin being committed by a person when dealing with abortion and homosexual sin. It's always exclusively the pet sins.

They can convince people they are right about the pet sins and the folks will still go to hell because they haven't told them of the need to be forgiven for ALL of their sin because they are so stuck on their own agendas and the pet sins.

It's disgusting.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I mean what I said.

If the baby is dead, ain't too many folks got a problem with the baby being removed from the mother.

Now that's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.:laugh:

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes indeed Evangelist. Those DEFINITELY need to be put up there right along with the increase of wickedness in the church and the lack of love for one's neighbors.

But those things make the folks on BB and in the church feel uncomfortable because they have to examine themselves when you bring those up instead of waxing on about others and the pet sin.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    another BIG problem is not calling things an abomination/perverse, and those whose lifestyle is found in contunially doing those things shall NOT inherit the Kingdom of Christ!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God Himself calls abotion muder, worthy of death penaly, and calls those who practice and approve of homosexuality as those worthy of a death sentence...

Do you?

God sees sins in varying levels/degrees, do you?

thank God one who had an abortion, or one once caught up in gay lifestyle can be saved and set free, but we still MSUT call things as God sees them!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how can refusing to call abortion a great sin, and by refusing to call an perverse lifestyle wicked, bu 'loving other/" as that would be promoting them to keep on sinning!

Do you deny much of the so calledChurch no longer sees eithers sins as being sin any more to God?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Who refused to call abortion a great sin? I just said it doesn't dwarf other sins.

Who hasn't called a perverse lifestyle wicked.? The perverse lifestyle is wicked. There. How was that? It's as wicked as the perversly justified wickedness stamped to be Godly and coming out of the church is.

Are you calling the perverse lifestyle of the glutton, the gossip, the slanderer, the immodest dresser out? Or are you remaining silent and promoting them to keep sinning?

Based upon your penchant to only see this one sin and ignoring others and a tendency of those in the church to ignore their own wickedness and go so far as to justify it as Godly, I would tend to agree with you that the church doesn't view sin as it should.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed...

Luke
    47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
    48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.​

Sin is sin, however sin's consequences are varied.​

Here Jesus makes it personal, on the back of the individual.​

Personally I doubt if I could ever vote again for a Democrat (used to be a JFK dem) since the "right" for a woman to "choose" is now a supported Dem platform item.​

In 1973 no one was given a choice, the Supreme Court chose abortion for all of us.​

However if we vote for abortionists and/or put our stamp of approval on abortion then whatever the coming consequence of the SCOTUS decision will fall upon our individual backs as well unless we repent of the shedding of innocent blood.​

God is able to judge though the guilty and the innocent stand together side by side.​

Luke 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.​

Look at the consequence of Sodom and Gomorrah's sin.​

But God did see to it that His own (Lot and family) were taken away and out of the place of judgement before the rain of destruction.​

HankD​

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know ANY within the church that condones ane states that it is ok for clerby and laity to be adulterers/murders/rapist etc?

I DON"T

But do see many within church trying to get this lifestyle as being now legit and acceptable!

You just seem to have this crusade against getting that particular sin labeled as sin, as that somehow is not "Showing love of Christ!"

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, have you noticed that when churches/Christians approve borh abortion and homosexuality, that eventually their views on bible, salvation, etc tend to go by the way side also?

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

By who? The liberals? Yes. No truly converted CHRISTian condones either abortion or homosexuality. In the end , the homosexual and the unrepentatant(sp?) heterosexual whoremonger end up in the same place...hell. The woman who commits five abortions goes to hell the same as the woman who raised fifteen kids and failed to repent and was saved.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I know plenty that condone not showing Godly love for their neighbors. I know plenty that condone gluttony, and gossip, and slander, and immodest dress. I know plenty that condone heterosexual lust.

Why would I be on a crusade to not call sin behavior that God calls sin? You're the one on a crusade to make it into the worst sin of all sins. Your Bible apparently has one subject in it and its homosexuality.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

One more comment like that and I will hit you with my purse.

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Which one? The pink, giraffe print, zebra, teal with rhinestones(now that one would HURT), or the red one with the cross? Fess up...

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

#80 saturneptune, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.