1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sins in the church that dwarf abortion

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ripping unborn children apart limb by limb, or burning their little fragile bodies with saline solution is far worse the gossip or getting drunk. If that really has to be explained to you then you have real issues.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God called leaving the natural relations unnatural. The natural relation according to what He ordained is one husband with one wife. Anything outside of that is unnatural.

What does Scripture say it is? I align myself with Scripture. So why are you asking a question that was answered umpteen pages agao in umpteen different threads in which you've tred to make the homosexual sin worse than others?

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Please explain it for the uninformed. We recognize that for you and a lot of folks in the church, this is just a pet sin that holds a special political place in your heart.

Gossip hurts a lot of living people. Millions upon millions of lives of living people are indelibly changed yearly because of drunkeness and the violence associated with it. Upwards of 3 million violent crimes a year. And plenty of those folks impacted will go tit for tat with you about the crimes against them being worse.

It's your and a lot of the church's pet sin. But praise God that you and a lot of the church don't get to decide for people that one sin is worse than another perpetrated against them.

But as I've said in the past, if folks like you in the church cared half as much about the BORN as you claim to care about the unborn, you might be able to point someone to Christ.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. When the apostle invoked nature, he juxtaposed a natural, heterosexual apetite with a deviant, unnatural sexual apetite. He did not say, nor would he have said, that all sin is unnatural.

No. You wrest the Scripture to mitigate Sodom.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And, as you all should know, abortion doesn't hurt living people, only unborn, unliving fetuses.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He sure did. And that natural sexual appetite was on of one man with his one wife, and the unnatural sexual appetites mentioned were homosexual fornication which in no way means heterosexual fornication was being excluded as unnatural because it is just as unnatural as is homosexual fornication. Glad you agree.:thumbsup:

Naah. I stand on Scripture to mitigate Sodom's sin according to Aaron.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Like I said, if you, Rev and a lot of other folks in the church would start showing as much concern for the BORN as you pretend to for the unborn then someone might actually start to believe the false concern.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once AGAIN....

....while I have the Z-man on permanent IGNORE, it is apparent that he is up to his usual bag of tricks by slamming the good ol' boys on this board?!

If he is not happy with all of us, why does he stay??? And even more interesting is that the moderators continue to let this troll continue to rip, rag on, and tear apart the members of this board, in the manner he does?.

I propose that if he is so disenchanted with the members on this board, and if he doesn't see fit to leave on his own, than the moderators do the next-best thing, and put im t of his spiritual misery by removing him. AFTER all, it sure looks as though the members of the BB are causing him to be miserable and upset with our views, and that is a sin.

And the Word is clear, if something causes another to stumble or sin, we are told to remove it. If this member doesn't see that he is being caused to commit unnecessary judgement of others [a sin], then the moderators owe it to that person to remove him, so he can finally be at peace with his way of thinking, which is totally OPPOSED to mostly everyone on this board.

After all, this board shouldn't be causing others to stumble, and it looks as though all of us are causing this one person to stumble quite often, just in this OP, headed by himself to pull others into the pit, so he could judge them up one side and down the other!

We are definitely causing him to be extremely judgmental. Judgmental about almost everything we have to say! He isn't just being contrary; he is stirring for a fight every time he comes before the board, and he loves putting others in their place! That is sad! While we should be here lifting each other up, even in times of disagreement, he looks to point his finger of judgement, and that is sad, if for no one else, for him!

This is merely my own, humble opinion! ​
    :BangHead:

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And misrepresent my responses to him.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear ya, Rev!

I just don't know if the powers that be are listening! God bless, and keep on keeping on! :thumbs:

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Before you jump to any conclusions, please read my entire post...I will make it short and to the point.

We try to catergorize sins, such like stealing a penny isn't as bad as stealing a million dollars. Yet, stealing is stealing, and a sin nonetheless.

Taking the Lord's name in vain is no worse than saying other "oathful" words.

Murdering one is just as bad as what the likes of Hitler, Bin Laden, Kadafi(sp?...Syria's now deceased ex-leader).

I agree that abortion is a cruel act, yet it's no different in God's sight than any other sin. Blaspheming the Spirit is the only unpardonable sin. So, eventhough I could never condone abortion, it's just as bad a sin as the others, in God's sight, imo.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture Cited From NIV

I believe that what we might consider to be the smallest of sins is enough to merit an eternity in perdition. Yet I also believe that some sins are more serious or weighty than others. There are gradations of eternal punishment.

In John 19:11 Jesus told Pilate:"Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greter sin." In 1 Cor. 6:18 it indicates that sins done outside the body are not as serious as sins done in or against the body. Gradations.

Remember what Jesus told the residents of Chorazin, Bethsaida and Capernaum. "For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon,they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.But I tell you,it will be more bearable for Tyre and Sidon on the day of judgment than for you. And you Capernaum,will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades. For if the miracles had been performed in Sodom,it would have remained to this day.But I tell you that it will be more bearable for sodom on the day of judgment than for you." (Matt. 11:21b-24)

Luke 11:47 and 48 is another helpful passage regarding degrees of punishment in the hereafter.

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is more to consider than just what sin is. The impact and destruction of sin must equally be taken into consideration.

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Oh, I agree the smallest sin is worthy of the worst punishment. TBS, I don't buy into the rewards and punishments that are differing. As I have come to understand it, when we all stand before Him, our reward or punishment will be equal with those who we are going to spend eternity with.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Abortion doesn't only affect the woman, but it does the baby, the daddy, the potential grand parents, aunts, uncles, et al. I agree that some sins carry a broader scope of the collateral damage, but the woman who commits it, she will be judged based on her being a saint or sinner...provided she's repented or not, and not just on her abortion. It's like gays/lesbians. They don't go to hell because they're gay, but because they're sinners. Same with women who had abortions. They go to hell because they're sinners, and just because they had an abortion.

16. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay,if you want to specifically discuss the Judgment Seat of Christ then 1 Cor. 3:12-15 applies where it talks about that fire which will test the quality of each person's work. If it is burned up"The builder will suffer loss but yet will saved --even though only as one escaping through the flames."(verse 15). The previous verse that if the work "survives,the builder will receive a reward.

So some receive a reward and others just barely make it. Both types will be in Heaven. There is loss for one and reward for the other. So there are degrees (gradations) in Heaven and in Perdition.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many sons, through how many women had Abraham? Did God judge him as Sodom? As a whoremonger? What of Jacob? David? Solomon?

You are simply trying to hallow your diabolical agenda.

Paul's point is that sodomy is so perverse, even the natural man, who doesn't receive the things of God, finds it odious. It is a sin against nature itself.

Were that true, it wouldn't be so easy to use the Scripture to expose your hypocrisy.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean living and unliving.

I would like all good men to go to zaac's post and report it as proabortion.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2077656&postcount=43

He, like Crab(Mao)boy, draws a distinction between the living and the unborn. The administration won't do anything about it, but our reports will be testimony against Molech on the Baptistboard.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In heaven, this is true. Not so much on earth. When time is no more, and this earth is burned up and all stand before Christ in judgment, all will be judged as good or evil, corrupt or whole. The reason one steals a penny is because he is corrupt. The infant that cries in anger does so because he is corrupt.

On earth, however, where the law, made for corrupt men, abides, there are degrees of corruption, and unrighteousness, and the law prescribes degrees of earthly punishment. The penny thief must pay back four pennies, and suffer or compensate for whatever damage the loss of a penny caused, and the one who stole a million dollars must pay back four million, plus suffer or compensate for whatever damages caused by the loss of a million, which by even today's standards would be extensive.

The murderer must die.

There is also nature on earth. There is no nature in heaven. So, though all godlessness is equal in heaven, on earth, there are degrees of godlessness, some more in line with nature than others, and some completely opposed to nature.

#59 Aaron, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's right. There is sin and there is trespass. There were offerings for sin, and there were offerings for trespass. Sin is the offense to heaven, trespass is the damage as the result of a sin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.