1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Snowden -vs-Bergdahl...What does it matter?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 4, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depending on who you listen to, one is a traitor, and the other is a deserter, although Bergdahl may in fact, be guilty of fraternizing with the enemy. And today, the rumor I heard and remember from when he was first captured has resurfaced, and that is that he renounced his citizenship - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/0...nts-fellow-soldiers-reveal-troubled-bergdahl/

Nevertheless, regardless of being a traitor or deserter in war, both deserve no leniency, and parades welcoming Bergdahl home are a slap in the face to all of us Viet Nam vets that got nothing but spit on and cussed at for wearing the uniform in the public.

Personally speaking, both men are disgusting, and while many are willing to forgive them, including me, I will say this, they owe a debt to society and America, and that debt does not include being treated as anything other than what they chose to do with their lives!

That is my opinion, so what is yours?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With regard to Snowden I have not come to any conclusions. I do know that I am grateful that I now know the info he released. I also know I do not want to live in a world where we have this kind of loss of privacy.

3. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Snowden - attempting to do his duty as an American citizen, and motivation appears to have been to uphold American standards. This is being questioned, but there is very strong evidence to support and defend this as his motivation when you go and read the information available.

Berghdan - ashamed to be an American and walking away from his military post, getting fellow Americans killed in the process, sympathizing with the enemy, and we have his English speaking daddy standing at the White House speaking the language of the enemy. There is extremely strong evidence to support this when you go and read the information available.

That's the difference. And it's major.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Snowden is a psyop and Bergdahl is another famous Obama distraction tactic to keep the focus off his lawless behavior. One thing about Obama, he is consistent. For every scandal their has been a big media distraction. This one has backfired on him.

Wonder what he's going to come up with to distract us from his dealings with terrorists?

#5 poncho, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014