1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So Far the Navy Hospital Ships Have Treated 18 Patients

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But let me guess. You were praising Trump late January and criticizing the dems for calling him racist.

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, but I was praising Scott Morrison (who I didn’t vote for) for doing the same thing that day.

3. Calminian

Site Supporter

So you refused to praise Trump? Why? You found all kinds of reasons to criticize him.

4. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. You were asking me what I was doing in January when the travel bans were announced. It was not thinking about Trump or the Democrats because I live in Australia.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

Then suddenly you became a full-time Trump critic, and couldn't even give him credit for the China ban until backed into a corner mid-March. Wonder what changed. (I think we all know the answer)

6. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    what are you talking about? I’m saying trump did the right thing in January and I agreed with the position then because Scott Morrison did the same thing soon after. But my world does not revolve around the praise of trump like yours does.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, when backed into a corner, in mid-March, you took a short break from Trump bashing and acquiesced. Then quickly returned to sniping.

FYI, when you have TDS, Trump dominates your world. He's in your mouth constantly. He sits on your brain and pokes the back of your eyes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Taiwan did the best.

#88 church mouse guy, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Christians we should not live that way - being gloom and doom like those who know not Christ. Our Heavenly Father is sovereign over the affairs of earth and he has told us that all things will work for our good. Just because we can't see how doesn't negate His promises.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems more than a little crazy for you to run around demanding praise for a politician. Chill out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, come on. You mean the impeachment trial didn't have you glued to a screen and on the edge of your seat? What's the world coming to?

#91 RighteousnessTemperance&, Apr 6, 2020
  12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That was before January, no?

While I listened to some podcasts that summarized the affair (it was hard to avoid), I didn’t watch any of the actual impeachment hearings. There was not much new that we didn’t already know or expect to happen from both sides. But it was stark evidence of how tribal American politics has become. C’est la vie.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The senate impeachment trial started January 16, 2020. He wasn't acquitted until Feb 5.

• Like Like x 1
  14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Degenerate would be a better word. Didn't you used to call Trump another Hitler?

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The House impeachment was a completely partisan smear campaign. The Senate trial was the first time Trump's side had any real say. Whether or not one actually knows anything true about it is another matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your accusation is insulting.

There is a difference between living a life of doom and gloom as a non-Christian and being concerned about my fellow man and having compassion for them during these troubled times. You may want to believe that God has determined this evil upon us, I don't know but unfortunately some think that way, and that your destiny has been predetermined but I don’t think that way and my hope is for God’s intervention, interaction with His volitional beings and ultimately His blessing. Yes, God is sovereign in that He providentially controls the world in which we live where He influences us to use our miraculously divinely designed human natures which include sense, intellect, reason and the free will to encourage interacting with our loving God, that is not determining evil upon us but rather righteously managing the situation which we brought upon ourselves and that will be according to His judgment, therefore yes, all things will turn out for the good. You might want to consider David’s many prayers in trembling fear and pleas for God’s intervention and blessings – should he have been living differently and not addressing these matters and was he acting like he didn’t know Christ?

#96 Benjamin, Apr 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    See I don’t even remember when it was. I was just returning from vacation at that time. I seriously was not paying attention to the senate impeachment trial with the outcome already decided before hand.

You guys are so keen on catching me in a lie that Trump is not the centre of my world. I know it is hard to imagine but it does happen. The attention is cute. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, my dig was just to mess with you, though I can't say the thought to ratchet it up and treat you like Trump didn't cross my mind. I bet you'd think that sort of attention was really cute. :Wink I wouldn't do it anyway, but I would have to enlist way too much help for it to be practical. Besides, I'm way too lazy. :Biggrin

19. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So I should watch my back now? ;)

20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nyah, only if I gave some crazy an idea. Let's hope not. It's too much fun having you to pick on here. :Wink

• Like Like x 1