1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

So Far the Navy Hospital Ships Have Treated 18 Patients

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

CA Governor Predicts 50% Infection (20m) Yet China Holding at 80k???

Remember this thread when folks were criticizing newsom’s lockdown? He probably saved hundreds of thousands of lives by acting when he did. And if Cuomo, de Blasio and Trump all did the same thing at that time, the US might be looking like Canada instead of Italy in terms of cases and deaths.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...yea, Democrats and the media...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I should have known about data that wasn’t available yet? And trumpeted the well known fact of all models that there is a range of error?

With regard to your hysteria point, I have always said on this forum there is no need panic. But there is a great need to take this infection very seriously because it is very infectious, will overwhelm health systems and cause a lot of deaths in the elderly particularly. These adjusted projections still say the same thing.

4. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nice try. Your TDS just can't help rearing it's ugly head. Newsom owes Trump bigly for shutting down China travel. You and the rest accused him of racism. LOL. Newsom would be dealing with an Italy like situation if it wasn't for your very great President. Newsom is even admitting this at times in his own subtle way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

And here we go. Completely ignoring what I said and making up phony questions to answer. Very sad. Very politician like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we're going to error, and we are going to, the smart and responsible thing to do is to error on the side of caution and not let our guard down. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Trump is doing a good job at being prepared, can you even imagine Ms. "What difference, at this point, does it make?" handling this ?!

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

I agree. But also be honest about the vast uncertainty of the projections. Hysteria and panic can be worse than the pandemic.

8. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but I would admit that if Ms."What difference, at this point, does it make?" was handling this right now we'd be in a lot more trouble and I might begin to panic and be bit hysterical. [​IMG]

9. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good luck trying to find a quote of me criticizing Trump’s travel ban. That was the right move at that time and it bought time of the US to prepare for Covid19 domestically. And federal, state and municipal leaders put aside their squabbles, recognized the seriousness of the infection, coordinated their resources, prepared critical care services, PPE and ventilators, readied testing and public health isolation and contact tracing methods to avoid having to shutdown the economy...

I’m not just blaming Trump or even the US. All the world leaders were slow on this. Some slower than others.

The southeast Asian countries were ready because they have been through SARS and their governments and general public were ready. We in the west were not.

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

Can you please show me where you praised it and defended him? Surely, if you're as even-handed as you say, you would have touting this act many times and very early on while the dems were crying racism. Please share.

#70 Calminian, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was definitely a learning experience and I believe Trump will be very responsible and determined to put in place a much better plan for dealing with future events because he is honestly protective of our people.

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you’re saying that Governor “what am I going to do with 400 ventilators?” Cuomo is now somehow ecstatic over a number merely 600 more than that? While the article doesn’t say anything like that, such a notion is believable. The man is uniquely unqualified.

13. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He also redistributed ventilators in his state and other states donated some. The article mentions thousands of ventilators now available.

their need now is probably trained staff to operate the vents.

14. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are now up to a 3% death rate on confirmed cases and the next 10 days is going to be really rough. I am a long way from being optimistic about where we are at because I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

15. Calminian

Site Supporter

Imagine if Hillary were President. Close China travel? Not a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you did a little better this time. He already had thousands of ventilators available when he was all mass hysteria. Did you miss his screaming for 30,000 ventilators. That 1,000 from China should not have satisfied him any more than the 400 he so disparaged. Your touting it as the main reason he is now satisfied was nonsense. The man is full of TDS and uniquely unqualified.

17. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :Biggrin I need to prove my devotion to Trump every post I make. We would be here all day if I also told you all my criticisms of Trump. But I will spare us the agony.

The second post I posted on here about covid19 was about the ban.

Please listen to Trump now

The other one was a response to you. Don’t forget it this time.

Dr. Fauci Slams the Media for Continually Trying to 'Divide' Him and Trump

This is me praising him for something else - his new task force.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo Praises Trump's Coronavirus Response: 'His Team Has Been On It'

Does my love, adoration and devotion to “he who can do no wrong” get me a gold star? ;)

18. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please. I have enough gloom to think about already!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Calminian

Site Supporter

LOL!!! March 17th is the earliest one? Oh this is rich! That was after everyone and their mother was admitting Trump did the right thing. Thank you for your approval in mid-march, mr. johnny-come-lately.

But back when everyone was crying "racist" you were mystery quiet.

20. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    prior to that I hadn’t posted on here for almost a year.