1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Some Hispanics puzzle over race question on census form

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by FR7 Baptist, Mar 29, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Article Link

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, they are not black, Indian or Asian, so they are white. It's pretty straight forward to me but I guess that's because I'm white and I don't identify with them culturally. I wonder if question 8 and 9 should have been combined. *shrugging shoulders*

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I didn't have to fill out a form. Two young ladies were going around doing that. I told them I am French, English, Sioux Indian, and American; they put white.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hispanic is term denoting an ethnic group -- origins from Hispania (now Spain) and those from countries ruled by Spain - Mexico, South America (except Brazil), Central America, etc.

It has nothing to do with race. Some hispanics are white, some are black, some are Indian, some are Asian, and some are mixed.

5. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I already filled mine out and mailed so I can't double check, but I am certain there was a place for Latin American's as well. I remember reading the description and it even mentioned specific groups such as Puerto Rican etc.