1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Some of the best Conditional “IF” Statements in the NT

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not after the Fall though!
    ONLY Jesu ever kept te Law perfectly. Period.
    No way any one ele could, that is why te Cross!
    Those in heaven have had sinless nature discarded, so now fully live fo God!

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you stopped sinning?

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tell me you can sin in heaven and you win. <---

Is there sinning in heaven? Piece of cake to answer. I want your answer Yeshua

Matthew 19

25When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?” 26And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Jesus Christ said salvation is impossible, just like being able to stop sinning is impossible. But he says with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

He didn't say SOME THINGS or two things. ALL THINGS.

WITH GOD, you can't stop sinning?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

No Jon.

Can I stop? Yes. If you can't then you don't have free will.

When I sin it is precisely because I wanted to. Its not God's fault.

There is no temptation that is lord over me. When I sin I reject God right there. Its not because God wanted to me to sin.

God has provided me every means to never sin again and I rejected it, the sin is MY FAULT.

To believe God hasn't provided would be a shortness of trust, faith, and also a sin.

There is no evil upon me or weakness of flesh that compels me, all my evil comes from my own heart, when I sin I am responsible.

If I sin for any reason other then my own choice I would be innocent.

5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't you so Glad that Jesus Christ took your place on the Cross?

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Yes in the sense I haven't provided atonement or reconciliation with whole world.

We believe Jesus joined our place at the cross. That's why God became man. God is with us.

Romans 5

8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

See "we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son" Here is the atonement, the reconciliation. You and Jesus are together, unity, same team. Jesus is your perfect sacrifice to the father.

By that reconciliation even "where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,"

Romans 6
    1What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2May it never be!

Are we to continue to sin? That's a simple question. I think he said no.

We are reconciled by the death. But if you read closely "we shall be saved by His life. "

Romans 6

15What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? May it never be! 16Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness? 17But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed, 18and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification.

Shall we sin tomorrow because we are not under law but under grace?

When sanctification is complete I promise your not going to sin any more.

The only thing you have to contemplate for the light to turn on is "There is no sinning in heaven".

7. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two questions

Why were you on the cross?

How were you on the cross?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You know nothing of what you speak, except the AOG has had some serious problems.

Does this nullify the spiritual truths given to us from God?
    Does this nullify the great works God's servants have been doing around the world?

Just because you're [edited]..
    does NOT discount what God and his servants have been (and are) doing!

[edited]

#108 Samuels, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
  9. Samuels

Samuels Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Very few in today's Laodicean church (Rev 3)
    can read and understand this, let alone believe it and act upon it.

Me, I'm here with a 2 by 4 ... tryin' to wake people up!

#109 Samuels, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The passage has nothing to do wiht our justifcation, but our becoming more into image of Christ after saved!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that I am standing on th firm foundation for my theology of he Bible, but you stand on theflimsey sand of charasmatic chaos!

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

Why were you on the cross?

I am responsible for every sin mankind makes the other side of the coin is I get credit for what it does right. What Jesus did right outweighs everything we could do wrong. Reclaimed, saved, redeemed mankind for good. Jesus is one of US. 100% Human. There is no division between us. That's why that curtain between the holy of holies ripped open. There is unity among us.

This some might call original sin. We are responsible for Adam and Eve. But it doesn't need to be a written rule to exist. There doesn't have to manifest any consequence to exist. Simply the person who loves everyone SINCERELY looks out for their well being, when someone you care about suffers you suffer too. We have a responsibility to Adam and Eve. To teach them what is right and wrong, we want them to be obedient not sinners. (time isn't a problem for God nothing impossible and if he knows the future I make a point thank and comfort Jesus on the cross)

How were you on the cross?
    Romans 6

3Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; 7for he who has died is freed from sin.
    8Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, 9knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. 10For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
    12Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its lusts, 13and do not go on presenting the members of your body to sin as instruments of unrighteousness; but present yourselves to God as those alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. 14For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    W are aved by Grae alon e thru faith alone not of ny goo works, so loving others not required to get saved , correct? As that follows/after salvation!

14. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are assisting Jesus????

You do know He isn't on the Cross anymore, right? He's seated at the Father's right Hand. Living ever to make intercession for those who believe.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is still there for the Roman Catholics.

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

The requirements to get saved is you have to be a sinner. Jesus Christ didn't get saved for example.

As a whole love is absolutely needed, John 3:16 God so LOVED the world. Love calls the shots. So much so that any motivation that isn't love disqualifies it as love and is just evil.

If God didn't love you then he wouldn't save you.

Here is the question you keep skipping over because once you answer your stuck.

Can we sin in heaven?

Scripture says nothing that sins can enter. So if you never stop sinning you never enter heaven, period.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Not assisting Jesus. Jesus Christ is alive right now.

Notice I have no problem answering your questions. And you still have not provided scripture for your stance.

My question.

God has provided every means for you never to sin forever again, so when you sin its YOUR FAULT not God's ,correct?

1 Corinthians 13
    13No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.

I love the bible so much, everything in it is perfect.. How about someone provide meaning to this verse?

The devil wouldn't want anyone touch that verse with a 10ft pole.

18. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I sin it's my fault. God provides the way and the ability for me to walk out righteousness.

19. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But that's a fellowship issue. Positionally I'm totally righteous before God because of Christ and His righteous. He credited to my account His infinite righteousness. That's what imputation is all about. Also, I've been justified, meaning my account has been zeroed out. Pardoned of my sin. Not because of what I've done. But because of what Christ has done.

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

I agree you are a child of God. However I believe your condition is better then zeroed out.

2 Corinthians 5

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

According to scripture the charges against you have been dropped, no accusation made.

There is a difference between being found guilty having someone pay the fine, not guilty not paying a fine and having the charges dropped completely.

There is a difference between hey we are just going to call you innocent when everyone knows your not, and you ARE INNOCENT.

So it is wrong to say that it is impossible to stop sinning, The only reason we sin is we decide to.

There is no sin in heaven. And you being a child of God only ups the stakes on having you not sin.

The sin itself is hell. Its like having a child drowning himself in the pool. You don't say well lets go ahead and start the party even though he is drowning himself.

Priority #1 for God is for you to choose to stop sinning. Every sin breaks the first commandment, every sin has mistrusting lack of faith in God. The core of it is based on fear.

We can put you in a world with heavenly conditions, paradise , you get what you want and everyone appears to love you give you nice gold gem covered crown, and you still sin

vs.

We put you in a world with hellish conditions, no paradise, you don't get what you want, people hate you, spit on you, the only crown you get is one of thorns, and you still do not sin.

We can see between Adam and Jesus what right and wrong looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.