1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sorry, I can't drop it. Maybe it's important!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Bible-belted

Bible-belted New Member

Hebrews 2 says he had to be like us in "all things".</font>[/QUOTE]Exactly. The key may well be v. 14. "Therfore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He himself likewise partook of the same, that through death he might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil." (NASB)

Here is a clear link (not an inference) that the Jesus' rendering powerless the devil and free us fromt he fear of death (v.15) is predicated on his full humanity. Since we are flesh and blood, he became the same in order to do his work.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "a bridge".

How about Jacob's ladder?

John 1:51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.

Genesis 28:12 And he (Jacob) dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

HankD

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things? (KJV)

I think this discussion is a good application of this verse. I have seen all sorts of earthly things (attire, hair, entertainment, etc) discussed on this board and the positions have ranged from both ends of the scale. If we cannot understand and believe what the Word says about eartgly things what makes us think we will come to an understanding on such a deep/heavenly thing as this? If our eyes are in pain from candlelight what do we think will happen with a searchlight?

I always gt a kick out of folks who never attend church when they try to share some spiritual truth with me. If they cannot fulfill the easiest commandment in the Book, what makes them think they have anything else together?

Until we can get the basics back in line, we are like the ones Paul speaks about in Hebrews 5. We ought to be teachers, but we have to be taught the basics all over again. Much like sending a CMSGT or COL back to boot camp after 18 years of service.

4. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Christ's blood was/is fully human. Blood is a "natural" element. The divine / God is spirit. Christ is fully God and fully human, but the two natures are not to be confused (re: Council of Chalcedon). To claim that His blood is divine is to approach the heresy of Gnosticism.

Rev. G