1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual Interpretation....pt4

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Iconoclast, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who, exactly, has done that here?

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince who standeth for the children of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
    2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Dan 12

51 And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in two from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake; and the rocks were rent;
    52 and the tombs were opened; and many bodies of the saints that had fallen asleep were raised;
    53 and coming forth out of the tombs after his resurrection they entered into the holy city and appeared unto many. Mt 27

Duty calls. I'll think on the other.

2. PrmtvBptst1832

PrmtvBptst1832 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I never accused you or anyone else of denying the resurrection. However, I did make the claim that your interpretation and application of certain passages of scripture make your belief in the resurrection inconsistent. Besides the fact that Mt. 27.52, 53 are outside the context of Dan. 12.1,2 (ignore the chapter division and read what comes before and what follows), do you also claim that many at that time rose to shame and everlasting contempt? Furthermore, were those saints raised to everlasting life or raised to die again? Also, the great tribulation alluded to by Jesus in Mt. 24 is closely connected to the resurrection.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only Jesus has been raised glorified state, those soon died afterwards!

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mt 25:34-46, maybe I'm missing it, but I see no mention of a 'resurrection'. Maybe you can point it out to me.

#124 kyredneck, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because there's no mention of it in the passage doesn't mean it didn't happen. The designation 'many' in both Dan & Mt indicates neither was the 'general' resurrection.

And my salvation or me being 'in the faith' in no wise hinges on me ciphering this out correctly. No 'very great danger' of the eternal fire for getting it wrong.

6. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all read the historical data around the time of the crucifixion. Why do you think 300 weeks should be inserted between week 69 & 70?

I was quoting Peter - Acts 2:38
    Do you not think repentance is vital for salvation?

And you still haven't justified the separation of week 70 from weeks 1-69.

I've 3 weeks work for you - I'll pay you in the 4th week.
    Sorry mate - the 4th week is totally separate from weeks 1-3. Maybe it will come next year or perhaps 1000 years away.

Jesus did complete his wonderful saving work within the prophesied timescale of 70 weeks.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show us YOUR consistency with the resurrection(s). How do you make the two resurrections of Rev 20 jibe with Mt 25? Do you insert a thousand year gap between Mt 25:40 and 41? (you people seem to have a knack for inserting gaps)

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

.... one thousand years later:

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels: Mt 25

#127 kyredneck, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, no, you didn't quote that verse or even give the reference.
    Absolutely. I meant to say "repentance and faith," not "salvation and faith."

I just totally oppose the idea that baptism or any other work or ceremony is necessary for salvation in any age. Almost all Baptists are with me on that.
    Yes I have, you just don't agree.
    Okay, now you're back to making no sense. Without some kind of context, these statements are irrelevant and/or incoherent.

I'm about to leave for home. See everyone Monday, God willing.

9. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was not Daniel (12.1, 2) prophesying of the same time as Jesus (Mt. 24:21-31)?

10. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just asking a question.

11. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You obviously do not have a problem with gaps either. You claim the destruction of Jerusalem is the subject of Dan. 9.26, 27. The destruction of Jerusalem, as you should know, lies outside the time frame of the seventy weeks if they are continuous. The Jews themselves do not hold to the idea that they have to be continuous or that they even were. Iconoclast claims the resurrection of the dead in 1 Th. 4.16 still awaits fulfillment when the coming of the Lord in the very same verse has already been fulfilled. What did you say about gaps again? You should not expect to find a resurrection in Mt. 25.31-46 as the judgment of living nations is under consideration.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't commented on Dan 9, actually have forgotten more than I know about it, read Phillip Mauro's (NOT a Preterist) 'Seventy Weeks and the Great Tribulation' years ago and became convinced that Dan 9 is all about Christ and has nothing to do with a fictional character called Antichrist, and that before I'd ever heard of this "very dangerous" thing called 'Preterism'.

If I get time I may review and collect my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ="Yeshua1,

[QUOTEI understand your viewpoint, but think that AD 70 was not when God totally reject Israel, as he rejected mainly their spiritual leadership! God still has future plans for them, as evidenced by Him fighting for their cause at final war called Armageddon][/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm surprised you find: "Jesus did complete his wonderful saving work within the prophesied timescale of 70 weeks" no sense, irrelevant and/or incoherent. It's the main point of this discussion. 70 weeks, 490 years, is a period of time. And its a glorious truth.

What is lacking that has been postponed indefinitely to some future week?

15. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree. I knew beforehand a resurrection is not mentioned, wasn't sure what you believed. Questions for more of what you believe:

Are the subjects all mankind? Or professors of the faith?

Where is 'the throne of His glory'?

Is this yet future or ongoing now?

How does this judgement jibe with the judgement of Rev 20:11-12?

Are folks that don't see it your way in 'very great danger'?

#135 kyredneck, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The time of the second coming, to deal with saving national israel and setting up His Kingdom here on theearth!

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread will be closed sometime after 4 PM Pacific.

18. PrmtvBptst1832

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read that book along with his The Hope Of Israel: What Is It? I used to highly recommend them both when I was a Primitive Baptist.

19. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.