1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual Warfare

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Im confused.

Jude 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Sounds like a real entity to me.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

there has been accusers of God's people throughout all generations--NOT just 1 in every generation----

There is NO scripture of an angel sinning and falling from God in the Bible--man has supposed this view that came from pagans.

God's Church has always had accuser's and adversaries in all generations--which would relate to our Satan of our day--which is NOT the same Satan of the new testament's day--Paul told the Romans that Satan would be crushed under their feet SHORTLY(whose feet--the Roman saints feet in their day).

which was indeed the High priest and his angels--which persecuted Christ and the Church in that day--but was destroyed at ad 70 with the destruction of the temple and city and the High priest and his abgels being crushed under the Saints feet.

we have Satan in our day also--NOT an angel who sinned and was cast out of heaven--But our Adversary in whoever or whatever it may appear.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

Wrong, your problem is that you neither study or believe the Bible.

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

God told Satan that all that Job had "is in thy power". God himself says that Satan has power, so you are in complete error.

Everything that happened to Job's possessions, servants, and children happened because of Satan's power.

We also know Satan has power to perform miracles (in fact, raining down fire from heaven WAS a miracle).

Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Here is the second beast in Revelation, and we see the Dragon (Satan) gave him power to do "great wonders" and "miracles".

Come back after you study the Bible and know what you are talking about.

#23 Winman, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2013
  4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

who was Michael ???
    who was the devil(accuser)???

many believe Michael is none other than Christ himself as do I.
    devil(accuser) could have been the High priest or one of his angels in asking Jesus while he was on earth about where Moses was at ??

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

brother why don't you read ????

Satan asked God to put forth his hand(God's hand)to do these things.
    God told Satan NOT to lift his hand against Job.

God done all these things against Job at Satan(adversary) request

those things in Revelation are symbolic--NOT literal

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

concerning spiritual warfare now for the saints--its the flesh that wars against the spirit and spirit against flesh.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak--evil comes from MEN

There is no entity making man do such things--man does them of his own lusts and fleshly desires--MAN is guilty alone !!!

our warfare is against ourselves--we must SUBMIT unto God and obey him.

Just because man is saved doesn't mean that there's not trouble in the flesh any longer--Paul tells us to Mortify the deeds of the body.

we must be overcome by the spirit of God and be submitted unto him and to walk after the spirit and NOT the FLESH.

7. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would Michael call upon the Lord to rebuke the devil if he is Jesus... that would make Jesus not Lord.

Not to mention the Bible makes many mention of them being separate beings.

http://carm.org/michael-archangel-jesus

Not sure where Moses is in Jude 9.

Do you agree with Trinitarian theology?
    http://carm.org/trinity

8. Winman

Winman Active Member

You cannot read with comprehension. Yes, Satan was not allowed to touch Job (at first, later he was), but only "all that he hath".

Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Satan did not touch Job the first time, Satan attacked Job's possessions, his servants, and his children. But he did not touch Job the first time.

You need to learn to read with comprehension instead of inserting your own presuppositions into scripture. This is why you make many errors.

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God works for (non-existent) Satan at his requests and does the evil for Satan?!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see, HisWittiness wants to attribute the power of evil to God after denying Satan's existence in he world, or having any power in it, and after fallaciously accusing his brethren of honoring a false god without showing an ounce of shame for his actions. Can we get past this troll and back on topic:

#29 Benjamin, Jun 19, 2013
  10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that's not very good info in my opinion in the link--theres far better info on the Michael-Christ subject out there.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

sorry brother you have taken this the wrong way--

there is other scripture that God gave a evil spirit to a king named Saul I think.it came FROM God the scriptures says.

Job even said GOD giveth and GOD TAKETH AWAY--Job related GOD as doing all that was done unto him in taking away and restoring :love2::love2:

Job also said to his wife--shall we receive good at the hand of God,and shall we not receive evil???

#31 HisWitness, Jun 19, 2013
  12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

AND now he is in love with himself for "teaching me" his "doctrines" of attributing evil to God. Now its beginning to make sense what this is about...NICE call Convicted1.

Got it, HisWittiness! :thumbs::rolleyes:

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

your eyes may stick in that spot if you keep rolling them lol

bless you brother :godisgood::godisgood:

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I've never seen or heard anyone who had a more messed up theology than Hiswitness! Not sure who "his" witness is, but it's not the God of the scriptures.

Or maybe he's just a troll....:tonofbricks:

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And the admins/mods will just idly sit back and let him infiltrate his doctrine.........

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Careful Amy on what you don't understand in judging--whatever you judge someone on you will receive that same judgement.

It completely amazes me that all of you who cant even offer a scripture to prove that an angel sinned and fell from God--actually holds on to this doctrine when the scriptures doesn't even speak of it :praying::praying:

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I have proven with scriptures my views on this topic.

You are the ones who cant offer scripture to prove your sinning angel view even happened in the scripture--if its there--pls give me the scripture where it actually happened.

I offer scriptures upon scriptures of MEN being the adversaries in all the bible and you cant even offer up 1 to prove your view of that event even happening.:love2::love2:

Blessings to you friend

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You've shown nothing more than your ability to misapply, twist, present scripture in a perverse manner, etc, but you've not rightly divided the word whatsoever......

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

show me where im wrong then

give the scripture you all have been hiding that shows an angel sinned in heaven----then maybe I might change back :love2::love2:

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

2 Pet 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

These angels sinned when they left their habitation heaven.

Eze 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
    14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

The only cherub that we certainly know was in the garden of Eden was the devil. Iniquity, which is sin, was found in him.