1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual Warfare

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

instead of quoting on the scriptures I presented and spoke on--you instead try and side step the issue and put it back on me.

please tell what the scriptures mean if you think im wrong ??

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

yes Amy we ALL need mercy everyday of our lives :love2::love2::love2:

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, you are simply denying that I have clearly showed you scripture that speaks of "angels that sinned" and were "cast down to hell", the very thing you asked someone to show you.

You said you would change your mind if someone showed you and I clearly did. Now you refuse to keep your word.

You are one of those fellows that thinks everybody reading these posts is an idiot aren't you? Do you think folks cannot see who is telling the truth and who is not here?

You just go right on deceiving yourself, nobody else is fooled but you.

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, these aforementioned role-players commonly exchanged the word "Lord" for another lord and clearly loved to talk of the power of Satan and/or evil being of (G)od. ;)

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

No I asked you to show where your so called Satan(angel that sinned) in in the scriptures--you have presented a text based on the account of enoch and of the 100 watchers NOT what I asked you to do ???

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you have no clue brother blessings to you:godisgood::godisgood:

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Since you claim the Lord is Satan, do you worship Satan? Who is your god?

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you are commenting on this as per your view on the matter---you hold that Satan is a person and has always been the same fallen angel.

I don't hold this view I say that Satan is a WORD that means Adversary and that diff men or empires or kings or even God himself has been associated with this WORD which means Adversary.

your own view is causing you to put words in my mouth that were not there.

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

Enoch and the 100 Watchers??

OK, now I know what I am dealing with.

[​IMG]

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

No, your words are the only ones in your mouth. And I didn't put them there.

Your words:

11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amy, the people I mention think its good to lie and think themselves clever while they twist the "name" of who they worship and call "it" Lord. It all a game to them, but we can see it by their fruits.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

that's exactly what that post on the angels sinning you gave was dealing with--taken from enoch---if you say it isn't then you have a major problem with what you think you believe it to be.

angels that are chained in darkness reserved until judgement cant do anyone harm at all in Chains can they ???

How are you gonna say this was Satan and his angels and they are chained and bound--then that would make them of no power and harm to mankind what so ever.

also it could be talking about messengers---Angel also means messengers and that was what peter was describing on the same line of thinking--sooo

tell us what you think about that text and the angels in it ??????????

13. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Brother why don't you tell us the truth of the 2 scriptures I presented instead of your bashing over and over--if you think I am wrong on the matter---that would be better to offer your take on them instead of reverting to bashing every post you post would it not ??:love2::love2::love2:

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wow. That's horrible. God help us.

Now I know why he can't understand scripture.

15. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply a matter of reading between your lines. I'm on to you dude.

P.S. Satan thought he was good at using the scriptures too, didn't he now? ;)

16. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I see you have no clue what the scripture is even talking about or you are scared to answer it.

Keep on bashing brother Lord bless you :jesus::jesus::jesus:

if you were on to me you would understand what I was saying but you do not.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Not a game at all brother--its a learning experience

18. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hiswitness had contended that the word Satan means adversary and is not for a real created being.

Of course the defining of the word Satan does mean adversary, for he is the adversary of all righteousness.

When Hiswitness makes this statement, he considers there is no personification or actual being that carries that adversarial role through out the ages, but is a series of evil humankind who oppose righteousness. But is relying upon the definition of what the character and nature as recorded in the definition to replace the actual being.

Now if one were to apply the same thinking to God, for Scriptures state God is love, then we would find that Hiswitness would have to say that humankind is god for love is an attribute shown in every age.

Either there is light and dark, God and Satan, or there is only God, and that places God as doing evil which is totally out of the real of pure and holy.

If one were to hold God is, therefore, not pure and holy, then God is not to be trusted with salvation and preservation.

Perhaps, I haven't connected the line of thinking to its logical end, and perhaps some of you who are better at logic will structure what I am attempting to present in a more perfect way.

19. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you still don't get what I have said.

Men are the ones that do evil--from their own lusts from their hearts

you are taking a shot in the dark and cant even supply evidence of an angel named Satan even sinning and falling.i know you cant supply the evidence,because I have taken countless hours through the bible trying to do it myself---its NOT there--all you can do is speculate on some scriptures that are not plain---but don't you think for such a most important topic---God would have warned his people in the old testament of his existence and his wiles to do harm and to injure ??? you cant find nothing to that regard no where in the old testament--nor find where the event of the supposed being ever did happen

I mean Christ warned the apostles---apostles warned the church ????
    and I believe the warning was talking about the High priest and his angels which was the Satan(Adversary) of Christ and his Church.the only difference in what we are saying is that you say theres a fallen angelic entity behind the word and I do not,but I say its MEN,empires,kings,even God at one point in the old testament---if there were evidence of an angel named Satan fallen then I would believe it--BUT theirs NOT.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who then tempted Jesus in the wilderness?