1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Stop It Liberals: Bush Didn’t Lie About Iraq Having WMDs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 18, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.

You just proved that intelligence estimates stated that Iraq had a nuclear weapons program.

2. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

They had a nuclear weapons development program [you do see the difference between development and production?] underway at the time of the first Gulf war. I did not say that they were producing bombs yet.

The Federation of American Scientists research states:
    "Iraqi Nuclear Weapons
    Before the 1991 Gulf War, Iraqi scientists had progressed through several design iterations for a fission weapon based on an implosion design (one that is much more difficult to develop than the alternative, gun-type design. Still at the early stages of completing a design, they had successfully overcome some of, but certainly not all of the obstacles to a workable device. Using highly enriched uranium (HEU), a completed device based on the latest Iraqi design reportedly might have weighed from about a ton to somewhat more than a ton."

"Iraq had a very well-funded nuclear weapons program aimed at the indigenous development and exploitation of technologies for the production of weapon-usable nuclear material and the development and production of nuclear weapons, with a target date of 1991 for the first weapon."

Recall that Saddam had halted all UN inspections of his sites prior to the 2nd Gulf war. It was believed among some analysts that he had restarted nuclear development. You stated in an earlier post that Iraq never had a nuclear program at all, but that is not the case.

#42 Lewis, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I know the difference between production and development. We found evidence of neither since we began OIF. I never said that they never had a program. I'm aware of Saddam's antics in the 80's and 90's. The question is if they had one circa 2003. Anyways, Happy Memorial Day everybody. I'm on my phone only this weekend so responses may be delayed Lewis. Have a good weekend.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea but Russia did not invade the Ukraine either. :laugh:

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, you never proved it did anyway.

I asked you to prove it several times but you tucked your tail and ran away like a scalded dog every time. And just like any other yappie little dog you'll only come out of hiding just long enough to snip at my heels and act all brave for the crowd.

We both know it's just an act don't we Rev?

Strange how you guys will believe things you can't prove and disbelieve things that can be proved. :rolleyes:

#45 poncho, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015