1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Stop It Liberals: Bush Didn’t Lie About Iraq Having WMDs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 18, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone who tells the truth concerning the powerful influence of JEWS will be SMEARED by you. You love ISRAEL more than you do your own country. You're no patriot of America. You're something else, but you're no patriot.

#21 kyredneck, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Get a grip. Your Hatred for Jews is getting the best of you.

That being said, I had Hollings confused with Hastings. My apologies to Mr Hollings.

Hollings is entitled to his opinion, but in this case, that's all he has. An opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 carpro, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We at no time decided to go to war over decades old chemical munitions that was stumbled upon years after we even quit looking. We have our own WWI munitions that we lost track of and have found 50 years later. There are still barrels off of the coast of Hawaii that they just let sit there because an attempt at recovery could just further contaminate. A third world country probably doesn't have the best disposal protocol under its finger tips either. Bush decided to go to war on the platform of an active WMD program which of course we all know was never there. If you think he spun up the entire coalition of the willing because he wanted to remove remnants of a decade old conflict then that is even more of a disgrace for the invasion.

We would find this stuff on or own FOB's occasionally and it was never a big deal. When the NY Times piece came out I got a bunch of sarcastic messages on Facebook from old brothers saying we missed our chance to be famous. The EOD guys would just stack it up and blow it up.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup:

"...the U.S. military not only recovered massive stockpiles of chemical weapons in Iraq, including in the Muthanna complex now controlled by ISIS, it actively attempted to keep the discovery of the munitions a secret. The report, which is based on interviews with several former U.S. army personnel, alleged that between 2004 and 2010, soldiers found thousands of rusty and corroded chemical munitions.

The Times report noted that all of the chemical munitions discovered in Iraq were made before the 1991 Gulf war, and had been “designed in the United States, manufactured in Europe and filled in chemical agent production lines built in Iraq by Western companies.”

The U.S. campaign in Iraq in 2003 was launched on the assumption that Saddam Hussein was hiding and actively enriching a massive stockpile of chemical weapons. However, the Times report alleged, because no such “active weapons of mass destruction program” were reportedly discovered in Iraq, the U.S. government suppressed knowledge of the discovery to avoid further embarrassment...."

(BTW, ISIS now has those WMDs)

Saddam-Era Chemical Weapons Now Under ISIS Control: Reports

There's a large storage facility at an Army depot 50 miles from where I live.

#24 kyredneck, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
  5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not exactly correct. Richard Clarke, who is frequently quoted by the 'Bush Lied' folks told PBS that Iraq had a full scale nuclear development program in operation at the time of the first Gulf War -

"During the course of the first Gulf War, one of the things I did at the request of the secretary of state [James Baker] was to plan for what became the U.N. Special Commission that would go into Iraq after the war and look for weapons of mass destruction. In the first few months of that commission, it was filled with American and British special forces and intelligence officers dressed up in civilian clothes and carrying the U.N. flag.

One of the early operations we planned was a raid on what was the Agricultural Ministry but we had reason to believe was actually something else. And it was a surprise. We went there, broke down doors, blew off locks, got into the sanctum sanctorum. The Iraqis immediately reacted, surrounded the facility and prevented the U.N. inspectors from getting out.

We thought that might happen, too, so we had given them satellite telephones. They translated the nuclear reports on site into English from the Arabic and read them to us over the satellite telephones. My secretary stayed up all night transcribing these reports from Baghdad. What they said, very clearly, was there was a massive nuclear weapons development program that was probably nine to 18 months away from having its first nuclear weapons detonation and that CIA had totally missed it; we had bombed everything we could bomb in Iraq, but missed an enormous nuclear weapons development facility. Didn't know it was there; never dropped one bomb on it.

We prepared this report so that when the secretary of defense [Cheney] and the secretary of state arrived in the morning, it was on their desk. I know that Dick Cheney that morning looked at that report and said, "Here's what the Iraqis themselves are saying: that there's this huge facility that was never hit during the war; that they were very close to making a nuclear bomb, and CIA didn't know it."

So obviously the thinking prior to the 2nd gulf war among some CIA analysts, within the Bush administration, and also among a host of Democrats, was that Saddam had continued his WMD program.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a hard time believing they were close to a nuclear weapon in the events leading up to the invasion of 2003. That would have been brought up pretty early by W to convince the pubic of the necessity of the war. I can't find anything that references a nuclear facility being discovered or even destroyed during OIF. After almost 12 years you would think we would have discovered that by now. A long time between 1991 and 2003. A lot of these old chemical munitions don't even have the delivery vehicles capable of deploying these weapons. We were bound to find old stuff that wasn't disposed of after we knocked out the Republican Guard.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy liberals just hate the idea that Bush didn't lie. Hate it.

8. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

A lot of people believed otherwise. Here is just one example:

"I come to this debate, Mr. Speaker, as one at the end of 10 years in office on the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, where stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction was one of my top priorities. I applaud the President on focusing on this issue and on taking the lead to disarm Saddam Hussein. ... Others have talked about this threat that is posed by Saddam Hussein. Yes, he has chemical weapons, he has biological weapons, he is trying to get nuclear weapons." - Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, 2002

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but nuclear capability isn't something you can quietly hide and make in a mud hut like an IED and was never proven. Your first statement even said that it was a large facility that was missed during the Gulf War. You don't think after 12 years of occupying almost every square inch of soil in that country that eventually we would have found evidence and loudly proclaimed it to vindicate our presence there? I don't remember Bush ever campaigning for war over the threat of Iraqi nuclear capability. That and your two statements are in conflict with each other. The first said that they had a massive nuclear program underway and they were close while Pelosi's statement said that Hussein had a desire to get them.

#29 Use of Time, May 22, 2015
  10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, what they found was most definitely not what Bush claimed we went there for. We have been finding this stuff since 2004 and disposing of it afterwards. Fellow veterans are laughing at the so called revelation of WMD's finally found in 2014. The entire world knew that Saddam had a chemical weapons program in the 70's and 80's (remember "chemical Ali") If rusty barrels containing elements of chemical weapons from the gulf war is what he decided to start a 12 year quagmire over then his foreign policy was even more flawed I thought. If the public and the armed forces thought for a second that this was the reason we invaded the country I think a lot of people would be even more upset.

#30 Use of Time, May 22, 2015
  11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

While I agree that President Bush didn't knowingly lie to the American people about invading Iraq, the reality is that one need only produce the actual WMDs to properly diffuse the criticism of the Iraq invasion.

Just saying.

And I also agree that Democrats dislike President Bush...as well as most Republicans.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How about producing those mobile chemical labs? How about producing that active nuclear weapons program? How about trying to pawn off fake "yellow cake" documents on us?

Not only did Bush lie he knew he was lying. The evidence clearly shows this to be the case. Ignoring that evidence to shield Bush from accountability doesn't make Bush an honest man, it makes you a dishonest man.

How about producing the section of the U.S. constitution that authorizes the president and congress to overthrow other nation's leaders who have not attacked us. How about producing the section of the U.S. constitution that authorizes the president and congress to act as the world's hegemon. How about producing the section of the U.S. constitution that authorizes the U.S. government to attempt to overthrow more than 50 other governments, or attempt to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20 other countries, or interfere in democratic elections in 30 countries, or attempt to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders. [1]

#32 poncho, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: There you go again ponch, articulating what the right wingnuts don't wanna accept.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We have democrats who will dismiss any evidence that shows their guy or gal lied.

We have republicans who will dismiss any evidence that shows their guy or gal lied.

And we wonder why this country is suffering from bad leadership and everything that goes along with it? Duh!

What get's me is all the "law and order" republicans and so called "conservatives" that see no problem with looking the other way, making up excuses and smearing the other side rather than holding their own accountable to the law.

#34 poncho, May 23, 2015
  15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Charlie. That's just not the case and you have no proof that it is.

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thank you for proving my point. :smilewinkgrin:

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you have proven mine. You just have no proof that he lied.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

:laugh: You need to take off that blindfold to see it.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq

Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/12/leadup-iraq-war-timeline

The evidence is quite clear. You'd rather lie to yourself and everyone else than hold a republican (neocon) accountable.

Jeb Bush Says His Brother Was Misled Into War by Faulty Intelligence. That's Not What Happened.

But here's the truth Jeb Bush and the others are hiding or eliding: George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, & Co. were not misled by lousy intelligence; they used lousy intelligence to mislead the public.

Throughout the run-up to the war, Bush, Cheney, and their lieutenants repeatedly stated assertions to justify the war that were not supported by the intel. They also hyped or mischaracterized existing intelligence to bolster their case for war.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/05/jeb-bush-marco-rubio-iraq-war-intelligence

#40 poncho, May 23, 2015