Super Bowl goes political - liberals crushed over Pats' comeback victory

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Feb 6, 2017.

1. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I looked him up and, OK, he's not anonymous!

Shaun King is a liberal writer (Young Turks, KosDaily) and promoter of Black Lives Matter.

Why is Shaun King whining on Twitter newsworthy?

Who are:
    Chance Bishop
    Douglas Young
    Tom Battles
    Ned Fulmer
    ??

These are anonymous whining liberals that Breitbart quoted in Calumnian's Fake News story. Why do we care what they say?

2. Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And again we come back to: who gets to vet things as newsworthy. I am not in the business of convincing you to care. But I can quickly google up multiple sources who are carrying this story. So obviously, some people care. Sure, it's not the headline across the nation, but people are reading and discussing this little story.

3. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Must be a slow news day. <shrugs>

4. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

BTW, this will drive the liberals nuts, but Brady just took a shot at Roger Goodell in this new ad.

5. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I'm sure all of the liberals were upset that those Patriots nestled in the conservative bastion that is New England won the super bowl. :Laugh

6. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They haven't yet converted to the Church of Donald Trump of Latter-Day Scams.

7. 777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, at least Lady Gaggag didn't go there.

Boston is no stranger to being a Super Bowl winner hometown, this was a case where politics trumped football. There were people that were former Pats fans that did not want them to win:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...donald-trump-patriots-fan-20170203-story.html

even the hometown paper was calling it "a bitter end" for the Patriots:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/06/boston-globe-has-dewey-defeats-truman-moment/

both the owner, Bellicheat and Brady are big friends of the Donald, so it's like "not my president" morphing into "not my Super Bowl team".

8. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suppose cherry picking random tweets might make it seem that way but sports fans ultimately transcend politics. It's a pretty small sample size but it makes for clicky material I guess.

By the way I doubt Bill and Brady are "big" friends of the Donald as they have very much tried to distance themselves when asked about it. They don't seem proud enough to even claim their friendship so not much there either.

The Boston Globe is a sports rag by the way so. It surprised they took the bait.

9. blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The funny things is I saw a lot of my Trump Supporter friends on Facebook posting the [HASHTAG]#notmysuperbowlchampions[/HASHTAG] after the Patriots won. I thought it was a funny poke at liberals, but apparently some people don't get sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10. rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Americans Come Together On Hating The Patriots
    Americans are divided about a lot of things these days, but there's one thing our new national poll finds they can come together on: wanting the Patriots to lose the Super Bowl. We find that among football fans nationwide, 53% are rooting for the Falcons to win on Sunday, compared to only 27% who are pulling for the Patriots. Republicans (58/23), Democrats (54/27), and independents (47/31) all give their support to the Falcons in pretty similar numbers.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/01/americans-come-together-on-hating-the-patriots.html

You got a [HASHTAG]#not[/HASHTAG] meme, I got a [HASHTAG]#not[/HASHTAG] meme, everybody's got a [HASHTAG]#not[/HASHTAG] meme.

Even more important:

11. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [HASHTAG]#notmybaptistboard[/HASHTAG]

[HASHTAG]#notmythread[/HASHTAG]

12. rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, maybe now Trump will negotiate a deal to allow the return of Bob Kraft's Super Bowl ring.

13. Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw plenty of these as well.

14. Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's not what they say. :Geek

Of course it's possible they are still mourning Obama's 10,000 who supposedly died in a tornado...

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed." – Obama talking about a Kansas tornado where 11 people died.