Take That Buffalo!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Oct 8, 2007.

1. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My Dallas Cowboys broke the hearts of Buffalo in Super Bowl 27.

My Dallas Cowboys broke the hearts of Buffalo in Super Bowl 28.

My Dallas Stars broke the hearts of Buffalo in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1999.

And on Monday night my Dallas Cowboys broke the hearts of Buffalo AGAIN on a 53 yard field goal to win the game after trailing almost the entire game.

DALLAS OWNS BUFFALO!!!! :)

2. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Great game...but do we really need a thread on the Cowboys every week? :)

3. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Just be glad the Razorbacks are not doing that great this year or there would be weekly threads on EACH of em.

4. readmore New Member

It was a great game. Buffalo should not have been such a big problem for Dallas (maybe their focus was on the upcoming loss against the Patriots next week) on the one hand, but on the other, with all of those turnovers, Buffalo should have had way more points by the fourth quarter.

Their inability to score a significant amount of points offensively is what hurt them. I think it shows that Edwards is not the star people thought he might be.

Losing by a last second field goal is becoming the story of Buffalo's season.

5. Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This statement seems a little pre-mature and unfair. The guy is rookie, he is starting against one of the more effective defenses this year, it is a Monday night game.

I am not a Bills or Edwards fan, but the rookie that demonstrates greatness (especially on a team that is mediocre at best to begin with) is a rare commodity. He showed a lot of poise and generally made good choices (with one very clear and damaging exception).

Although I was rooting for Buffalo (yes, I am a Dallas hater - dismissing Landry the way they did sealed the deal for me), after Jauron called that stupid timeout right before the kick, I was really hoping Folk would hit it the second time (plus Folk is my fantasy football kicker:thumbs: )

6. ShotGunWillie New Member

I think Edwards managed the game quite well. I think the commentators were hyping him up a bit too much, but he showed that he has some serious talent. Was that not his second start in the NFL. Look at all the other rookies in their first start.

If Dallas can come back after 6 turnovers (two for touchdowns) and win, that shows me that the Patriots should be a tad bit concerned coming into Dallas to face the 5-0 Cowboys on a Sunday night.

Dallas looks poised to be the greatest team in the history of the world during the history of history for that matter. Yep, I said it, I am a Bears fan and I know greatness when I see it.

7. Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    next week should be interesting. You have the machine (elegant, efficient, and powerful) entity that is New England against the wunderkinds (talented, passionate, and magical) that is Dallas.

I haven't looked forward to a pro game like this in a while - could be a super bowl preview.

8. readmore New Member

The fact that Buffalo couldn't capitalize on the turnovers shows Buffalo's inadequacy, not Dallas' greatness, IMHO. I'm not saying Dallas isn't a good team, but things were going wrong for them last night, not right. If Dallas doesn't clean up their act before playing the Patriots, a team who makes most of their points offensively, they'll lose by a fairly large margin.

9. readmore New Member

ShotgunWillie expressed a little better what I was thinking--Edwards was overhyped by the commentators. They were predicting he would either be a shining star or flop completely, and he didn't really do either. Better than Losman? Maybe... But even Losman can hook up with Lee Evans on a few deep passes.

How about Kelsay's pass-block-slash-interception? You don't see that all the time.

10. ccrobinson Active Member

If Dallas can win after 6 turnovers, it tells me that the Bills are awful.

If Dallas has 6 turnovers next week, they'll lose by 30.

11. Site Supporter

Whooooooooooo Pig! Sooie!!
    (cough cough)

12. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. And if New England has 6 turnovers next week, they'll lose by 30.

13. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or I could start a weekly rant on having Houston Nutt replaced as the head hog after the end of this season - which I think will happen whether he is forced out or leaves voluntarily.

14. EdSutton New Member

Watch out that you do not bite completly through your tongue with this one, being that the tongue is not only lodged firmly in your cheek, but in between your jaw teeth as well, to get there. A sneeze or even a hiccough could have devastating consequences. :rolleyes:

FTR, my bride is about as big a Cowboys fan as anyone I've ever known, and has been since I've known her.

Ed

15. PastorSBC1303 Active Member

yeah yeah...you been saying that for what now 2-3 years? :rolleyes:

16. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Frank Broyles will no longer be the athletic director at the end of the year to cover Nutt's back this time.