1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taking Care Of Business II

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 30, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another tactic is to quote someone's book, offering it as 'proof' that the assertion is true. But when you examine the book being quoted, it quotes another book, and when you look at the other book it quotes someone else's book and someone else's book quotes book #1. So it's a circular 'proof' where several people quote other's work as though it was definitive truth.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Another tactic is to claim the alleged "conspiracy theorist" never answers questions. Even though the questions have been answered and evidence has been presented many times over.

Another tactic is to claim the alleged "conspiracy theorist" has some access to "secret knolwdge" this is bunk. There is no "secret knowledge" everything is out in the open and in your face.

Another tactic is to deny this truth no matter how many news articles, documents, policy papers, and actual admissions from the "world leaders" themselves is produced as evidence.

Questions. InTheLight, can you tell us exactly how many books you've purchased and/or read that has made you an expert in this field and so enables you to make this as yet unqualified claim?

I'd like to know because I would have to think the number is way up there. Those who you might consider a "conspracy theorist" must number in the thousands and have written hundreds if not thousands of books over the years. Would you be so kind as to provide us with a reading list of all the books you have read with titles and examples where the authors of said books actually do as you are claiming here? Can you gives us specific examples? Chapter and verse?

Where do you find the time to do all that reading and researching and still spend seven days a week posting here on BB btw?

How many hours a day would you say you spend here typing up the many posts you type up here on a daily basis? Seems like too many to be reading all those books just to "debunk" a couple quotes.

Another tactic folks, is when all else fails . . . make stuff up and lie and keep right on lying.

Oh and another tactic as we've been seeing as of late is to go chase a poster around from one thread to the next while being disruptive, changing the subject, hijacking the thread, making unsubstantiated claims, calling names, making false accusations, picking fights, casting doubt on your patriotism . . . yadda yadda yadda. This is okay though because these are all acts of desperation. I've come to realize that these are actually good signs.

The plain truth is . . .

The truth is getting out, people are waking up to the greed, corruption and lawlessness of these giant corporations and the government and it drives those who have to resort to these tactics nuts and there's nothing these desperate posters can do about it. But keep acting desperate. :smilewinkgrin:

#22 poncho, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Well then should corporations be outlawed? Or maybe just greedy profiteers? Seriously this is veering into Marxist territory, "dictatorship of the proletariat" and all that.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How was it done for the first hundred years of the republic? Yes I know the answer I'm just curious to know if you know the answer. :smilewinkgrin:

#24 poncho, May 2, 2012
  5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least a dozen.

I can't remember them all. I read them over 30 years ago when I was in college. Most of the titles are probably still at my Mom's house. "None Dare Call it Treason" and "None Dare Call it Conspiracy" come to mind. For a while my parents subscribed to the John Birch society magazine New American. So they would have been books listed for sale in that magazine in the late 70's and early 80's. About 5 years ago I was given The High Priests of War, about the neo-con plot that got us into Iraq, but I quit reading it after a couple of chapters.

I can read quite fast. I typically read two novels a week. And I check in on BB off and on during the day. I can type fairly fast as well.

I'd say 30-45 minutes spread out over the day. From about 4:00 in the morning until 10:00 am or so I login under my other handle which is Targus. Then from 10:00 in the morning til 10:00 at night I'm IntheLight. Then from 10:00 at night until about 2:00 am I read conspiracy books and surf internet conspiracy web sites. I only sleep for 2 hours a night because I'm constantly worried there are communists hiding under my bed.

Yes, that's how you sell conspiracy theory books.

Yes, like you've just done. The subject has veered off to you asking me personal questions about my reading and posting habits.

#25 InTheLight, May 2, 2012
  6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Poncho,
    I would be very interested in hearing how corporations were treated in the early years of our history in relation to corporate power. That is one question I am not sure about.

#26 saturneptune, May 2, 2012
  7. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

There was actually very little "Big Business" in America till the railroads came along.

8. targus

targus New Member

What examples?

You haven't given any examples of Monsanto and Bayer conluding with anyone yet.

Of coures you won't see this now that you are hiding behind your ignore button.

What is it that you called someone who has you on "ignore" - was it "coward"? :laugh:

9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The purpose of the ignore button is not cowardice, but avoiding mindless comments from uninformed posters.

10. targus

targus New Member

The reference was to the multiple times that poncho called someone cowardly for hiding behind the ignore function.

And now he is doing the same.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Sure he is.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term was "cowardly idiot" and it was used about a dozen times.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You two, would you like cheese with your whine? Sing me a sad song.

14. targus

targus New Member

:laugh: :laugh:

Now you did it !!

15. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Corporations were given short charters, 2 to 5 years. At the end of their charter period there was a review. Corporations were formed to provide for the public good, build roads and bridges construction of dams and other such things.

The charters were given by the state and could be revoked at any time for any reason. As long as the corporation served the public good it would be granted another charter.

That's the short version. The long version can be found here, among other places.

Sounds more like common sense than Marxism to me.

#35 poncho, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And the term was applied correctly and then only after months of enduring the same cowardly tactics from the same cowardly poster. Anyone that would place another poster on an ignore list then procede to attack the "listed" poster is a coward. And if this coward follows the "listed" poster from thread to thread using the same cowardly tactic over and over for a period of months then the coward becomes a cowardly idiot.

What's not to understand?

One shouldn't play the part of a cowardly idiot if one doesn't want to earn the badge. :smilewinkgrin:

BTW, you are not now or ever have been on my ignore list.

#36 poncho, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
  17. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

From your link - "Corporations were small, quasi-government institutions chartered by the crown for a specific purpose."

Or in other words, public works or some sort of national agenda such as we have today NASA or the NOAA. It's not really analogous to free enterprise.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Do you remember our discussion on the VOC (Dutch East India Company)? What was it's, to use a Star Trek term "prime directive"? It was to monopolize the spice trade by any means.

That doesn't sound like free enterprise to me.

What is the corporation's one purpose in life?

What we find is that corporations become monstrosities. They become self-feeding entities with one purpose in life, and that is to grow and survive. It's sort of like that alien plant in the Little Shop of Horrors -- it just wants to grow, and it says, "Feed me, feed me." Every corporation has one purpose, and that is to provide value and profits to its shareholders while continuing to grow. In fact, as you'll see in The Corporation, that is by law the growth strategy that every corporation must follow. By law, corporations must put the profits of shareholders first and, in doing so, will necessarily export its problems to the public at large. In the video, these are called "externalities," and corporations are machines that will externalize the costs of their endeavors to society and to the planet.

For example, junk food companies externalize the costs of health care associated with the long-term consumption of their products. They sell products to consumers, then consumers eat the products, get diseased, have long-term healthcare costs, loss of quality of life and possibly require huge surgical procedures and so on, but these costs are not borne by the corporation, they are borne by the consumers; the people. So, this video really helps answer some of these questions as to how these corporations get wildly out of control and become these self-perpetuating, evil machines that really have no purpose in the world other than to make sure they survive and grow.

#38 poncho, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2012
  19. targus

targus New Member

Nothing but fantasy.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The corporation, as a legal entity, definitely has a place in society and perhaps even a constructive place. There are a lot of economic benefits that we would not experience today if it were not for corporations -- if it were not for a group of people working together toward one common goal. However, we need to rethink what's happening to these corporations. Corporations are running the world today. Corporate influence is running our governments. Do you think people who are just looking to protect public health run the FDA? Give me a break. Those corporations that influence the FDA's regulatory decisions run it. Do you think people who represent the public run our government? Give me a break. Our government is run by corporate interests, and it is these corporate interests that make all the decisions about environmental law, war and all kinds of legal reforms that benefit the business community, like making it more difficult for consumers to file bankruptcy or making it illegal for consumers to sue food companies for health concerns related to long-term consumption of their products. It is the corporations that really run this country.

This is something that is fairly new to us as a society. For hundreds of years it's been individuals in charge, and now it's corporations in charge. We don't even really know who these corporations are, other than the fact that they are psychopathic. It is the psychopathology of the business world that is now running our world. So, if you've ever wondered why everything around you seems so incredibly insane, the answer is because an insane individual is running it all -- an individual known as a corporation -- and it is a frightening collection of corporations that now rule our society. That's the truth that you will discover from watching this documentary.