1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Teachers union busy scaring kids away from school

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is a need for education but their is no need for public schools anymore. The money wasted has produced a generation of incapable youths looking to communism as a way. This alone by virtue of its truth in 2020 America has proven without shadow of doubt that DOE can not be trusted to educate our youth any longer. Defund the DOE

The average cost per student per year in America is $12k each. This of course doesn’t just pay the teachers. The amount of waste by the DOE is incredible. The actual cost to homeschool your own child is about $2k annually. The extra $10k goes to family expenses. I vote for taking that money away from public schools and giving it to poor black people.

3. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its kind of odd that

5. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... like beer and cigarettes. ;)

6. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That’s so racist but funny. You, as a leftist, do not think that the poor white couple, and certainly not the black and Hexican couple, could never see a path to Americanism and prosperity but would only do what these types do, blow it on wine women song.

You have a point. It’s only the fatherless, the widow, who can easily be led into immortality with the filthy lucre which is controlled by the democrat welfare masters. Yes, phase one was the immorallization of the black American communities and then naturally phase two wouldn’t include any real help, certainly not the extra $48k a year to the random negro in my scenario. Thanks for pointing out their proper place.

7. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    From my experience, it is less about Race and more of a POVERTY thing. Poor Whites behave just like poor Blacks and successful Blacks behave just like successful Whites.

I cannot speak to the Latin culture due to general lack of direct experience, but they tend to cling to a culture that creates a language barrier to assimilation. One MUST speak fluent Spanish to function in Dade County (Miami) and one MUST speak fluent English to do business in Atlanta, GA.

I suspect that the African Culture brought over some baggage that worked against the nuclear family (the parent cultures generally accept polygamy and women as property). I have no doubt that whatever culture existed under slavery did nothing to improve that. I know first hand that the Government Aid programs reward the breaking up of families and punish people for working. Given their parent culture, 18th and 19th Century history and experience with 20th Century Government Programs, many Blacks are probably born, raised and die in a culture that perpetuates poverty.

However, the issue is the culture of poverty.
    The Biblical Solution is the only viable answer: Change the man from the inside out. Let him "work with his hands" (builds self-worth) ... "that he may have something to give to those in need" (make him part of a Christian Community).

8. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... Just for the record, I am Libertarian because I have no confidence that the Government can fix anything (or even wants to try). So the less they spend "NOT FIXING" things, the better.

9. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Be prepared, America’s value has declined and is coming to an end.

10. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that Sowell says that the families held together somewhat through slavery and better than whites after slavery but the Great Society pushed the father out of the home and gave rise to the high crime rates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. atpollard

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a circle of friends that includes black men from non-urban backgrounds. Some grew up in the Caribbean and became US citizens (from both wealthy and poor backgrounds), one grew up in an area of South Carolina so rural that that babies were born at home and the doctor recorded the event in a notebook a couple days later ... that was his "Birth Certificate", and others grew up in Detroit and Chicago when they still had an auto industry. What I see is a strong culture of men demanding respect, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but there seems to be a weak husband-wife glue throughout the culture. Mistresses seem to be "just the way things are" and all of the men ... rich and poor ... had stories to share from growing up about how they wanted to be better husbands than their fathers had been. I have seen the "generational baggage" being passed on from their fathers to their children in how they speak to their wives and how their wives speak to them.

I know a man that was one of the "Lost Boys" of the Sudan. He survived weeks in the jungle with a group of children after their village was slaughtered by a Muslim tribe. At 12 years old he walked hundreds of miles with a 4 year old on his back to arrive in Kenya. President Jimmy Carter granted them special US Citizenship so they could relocate to Florida and start new lives. He is negotiating with a relative in the Sudan to afford enough Goats and Cows to purchase a wife that he has never met. That is the way things are done in the Sudan. I cannot help but wonder if that culture might be at the root of some of the modern dysfunction. Clearly the "Great Society" experiment caused the worst of the damage, but when even the wealthy have many of the same issues, it makes me wonder if there might be some very old weeds that never got pulled and the Government just fertilized them.

For all moral problems, Jesus is the ONLY answer.

12. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Making a person immoral is the prerequisite to controlling him or her. This is how the pimp persuades the runaway to sell themselves. Unnoticed by the prostitute is the fact that her apartment, her Mercedes, every luxury item she has is in the pimp’s name.

The democrats have to promote thug culture to take away morality in order for them to gain power over black people. The Latinos are exempted from this scenario because they are tied to Catholicism.

Gay marriages and transgender people are part of the program of keeping black America under the control of white men. And black race hustlers have sold them into the slavedom of the democrat party.

13. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen.

Have you ever noticed how a majority of Hispanic fighters make the sign of the cross in their corners b4 a bout?

The Africans descended from slavery do not have that. Even among street gangsters you have Hispanics with religion as a very low deterrent for their crimes but unlike black gangs, it exists, it is there. Polynesian gangs as well have a religious deterrent even though it doesn’t stop them from doing evil acts.

That is why the African Americans are a uniquely vulnerable society for the government officials who seek their own power in our society, Black or white or Buddha head.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It’s always a joy to meet people of every race who exhibit a deep respect for their elders and communities. Whites blacks, doesn’t matter. There’s a sense of communality and social cohesion in neighborhoods where morality exists that brings joy to my heart.

But public school has no such joy nor feelings of pride and need to be defunded and replaced by the private sector from K thru college. Public school has implemented the immorality that is necessary for government control.

This was not the case 50 years ago. That’s over, we are in a new world. My son is a senior at a private school here that costs $20k per year. As a 6’4” Samoan QB I’m only interested in him playing D-1 ball in college. Unless he’s becoming a lawyer or a doctor he can learn everything else he needs online. Why waste money on a college if he can succeed without going?

It is time to end public education and replace it.

• Agree Agree x 1