1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Tell Us A Story!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Jun 10, 2018.

1. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As for your motives as an atheist they are not mine. I pray for God's righteous judgement as His wrath is. There is no wrong in asking God to render a swift verdict as a last resort. Some people are so hard that they leave no other choice. My weapons are not carnal.

2Corinthians 10:3-5
    …3For though we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh. 4The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.…

And sometimes to take captive every thought the mind must be shocked into listening.That is the purpose of natural disasters prayed for.

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see any Ezekiel's or Elijah's on this board... Pray for a disaster?... To understand if God existed pray for one and thinking because one or two happened God answered your prayer?... Christ said pray for those who despitefully use you... Pray for your enemies... Pray not for retribution but for reconciliation... God will carry out his own retribution and you don't direct him... The prayers of a righteous man availeth much but not to their hurt but to their healing... You brethren reading the same Bible I am?... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you. I do believe God still judges though, and that our prayers can be for justice. I certainly see persistent widows among our brethren, even if no Elijahs or Ezekiels. That said, I did counsel OfLivingWaters to take a number of steps before praying for justice against people.

I mean, we are told to be perfect as He is perfect, because He gives rain to the evil and the righteous. So, I never stop praying for my enemies to be greatly blessed and above all saved. I also shared my prayers for my enemies in one of the recent posts.

That said, I did start to believe in God after praying for three very specific natural disasters to happen to a city. Beyond belief at my sin, I did not go onto faith in Jesus Christ. That said, that all three disasters struck that city within a month, gives me, and I hope others, strengthened faith. I get you though, I may be misreading things. Yet to know so well that God is enthroned and controls nature, seems helpful to believers, at least to me.

Then again, I may not understand the purpose of my story, given the Word. What do you gather from my story in post #36? I would love to know.

4. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men’s lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.” (Luke 9:54–56)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand your stance. And what you say is true concerning prayer too. As for your personal direction that is up to you.
    For me, rape and murder of Christians, stoning and dragging Christian naked through streets, killing and raping little Christian girls, burning down Christian Churches and homes by a majority evil mindset justifies righteous anger and a praying for justice through wrath!

It is war, my weapons are prayer and I know our God is more than just a whisper I pray He roars! Like Moses was outraged by his
    kinsman wrongful treatment so am I. I asked what I did not only on Asia's behalf but on all our brethren there. I am compelled to exercise my weapons which are not the strength of my arms but my strength in prayer in faith. I being one, will then have to pray the prayer of a thousand before the Lord for His righteous wrath and judgment. Thank you for sharing your views. God Bless!

6. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is true, scripture does not lie. The scriptures I quoted therefore do not and can not either. Christ was on the earth with His apostles correct? And the revelation is after His ascension correct?

Ecclesiastes 3
    3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

When Christ came it was a time to convert in Peace, hence 'PRINCE OF PEACE' . It was the beginning in the spreading of Christianity and the apostles were angry that the Word was not received. The Rev. period is a time of spiritual war. For the gospel has been spread to the four corners of the earth. There are no more excuses for men. They have not received in peace, therefore this means war! All scripture is applicable for all times. Christ was not rebuking them because it is wrong to pray for God's wrath but because it was not a time for God's wrath. It was a time of reconciliation through peace. Christ was not saying receive me or die!
    That is not what I am saying either. I am asking God to deliver the righteous, from the hands of the enemy through wrath.

7. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not pray for your enemies instead? Maybe God will convert the enemies? Even so, Paul says: “For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Having the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now hear to be in me.” (Philippians 1:29–30)

8. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This passage of scripture use to bother me until the Lord gave me understanding... It seems to contradict itself but it is in complete harmony... Allow me to share... In Romans Paul says this

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

To my understanding what this is telling us is show kindness to your enemy and in doing so his thoughts would be why is this person showing me this kindness?... He can't understand why him being evil and the one feeding him knows it but maybe by showing him a kindness will change him... Then he will repent of his evil deeds and turn to the Lord... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do pray for my enemies, and I do not do unto others as they do unto me. I do thirst for justice for others however, and I know those who hunger and thirst for justice shall be quenched. It is easy standing from you perspective to say there are no Ezekiel's or Elijha's on this board because you are not. I am sure if you were imprisoned you probably would not mind if you were freed by Trump with threats of war. I am asking GOD to avenge, for vengeance is His and He said so. Let me ask you a question can everyone be converted? Will everyone be converted? When all else fails I ask God to use a sledgehammer. Do I use one, NO! My weapons are not carnal. Everyone's perspective concerning the Word is correct, that is not in question it is what time and season we are in. It's funny how I seek God to fight, probably the very people who have their feathers ruffled over what I said support Trump and physical weapons of war.

10. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is God's Wrath good or Evil?

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not pray for your friends to find better surroundings? In Acts, they always got out of town until things cooled down.

12. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gods Wrath is not a hard concept for me to understand I deserved the Wrath of God in Adam!... But I received the Mercy of God in Jesus Christ... That was even harder to understand!... Understand my Sister?... Brother Glen:)

13. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do. And I am not the one suffering . I am praying that God deliver a Christian from torture! Hello, this is not a personal experience but an empathy for another's. I am correct in my prayer, and all the scripture you put does not discredit my prayer concerning the faithful. I am sure it is easy from an non-empathetic stance to preach. For that matter, it is also easy to preach when not in such a circumstance as many of the brethren are across the globe. I am relying on God, and like the Israelites were delivered through disasters and plagues, and like Ezekiel and Elijah and the witnesses to come will do and those before them have done, I will ask for drastic measures in drastic times. Maybe because drastic persecution and martyrdom is not happening here in America people here speak as they do. Question do you support the military?

14. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you support the military Brother Glen?

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not sure who you are addressing if not all. It is never too hot for me. And I am not the one disagreeing with the scriptures people are posting against the ones I placed. All the WORD is sound. I am simply saying some people and places are in a state in which God's wrath is the only answer to deliver the faithful . It is scriptural. I am not attacking anyone choosing to pray for less drastic measures. While they do that, I'll pray for God's Righteous wrath and all bases are covered.God Bless!

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I served as a Marine proudly in the Vietnam War... Semper Fi!... God, Country, Family... Brother Glen:)

17. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I serve God, Heaven and family, Proudly! It's hypocritical to point your finger at me for choosing spiritual non- carnal warfare on behalf of brethren when you obviously support carnal if you see it necessary. Many choose military service to free people, I choose heavenly service and ask God to free people. Whose most correct?

18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say you pray against evil... I too and a lot of brethren on here do to but what have you done to fight against it?... Some of the brethren and I have put our life on the line so you can pray, read your Bible and go to church... We took up our literal weapons of war and use them against the enemy... Did God use us to carry out his vengeance?... What would of happened if we didn't?... Look at those countries that don't stand up against it... In the words of those I served with... Pray!... And pass the ammunition!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Slow your roll! Christ put down His life for me not you! As for the fight as I said , my weapons are NOT carnal. "He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword". And if your "but'" implies you know something concerning what I do FOR THE FAITH, you have NO IDEA! But I can assure you I enter the battle field with the weapons and armor of Christ, not man 's and government! You judge with a beam in your eye. Say what you want, you are now in a fight with the WORD! I can assure you this battle of words you will loose!

#59 OfLivingWaters, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  20. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't point my finger at you, you accuse me and those I served with... As far as warfare is concerned we use both and so does the Bible... The scripture is full of military conflict, God sending one nation against another to send his message... Then sending another nation against the one he send before because they overstepped their bounds... So who is correct?... We both are!... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1