1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Tell Us A Story!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are tree rats

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brethren I apologize in my discussion with this sister but we did not go to battle because we wanted to, we went to battle because we had to... There is the difference!... What manner of people would we be if we did nothing?... If your family is threatened in your presence do you let the perpetrator have his way and do nothing?... Do you get on your knees, praying to God that he would intervene to free your loved one?... If you have a sword would you use it, to kill the evil that is harming the good?... I would and what kind of man would I be if I didn't?... What kind of man would you be?... Brother Glen:)

3. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What are you talking about? Of course the OT is filled with military conflict. You lost this discussion, you point your hypocritical finger at me concerning -calling upon God's Righteous wrath and make this into your military drama! I am speaking of heaven and simply said you can not judge me for using weapons of the spirit when you support the use of carnal ones. Then you precede to tell me if not for people like you I would not be able to practice my faith. News Flash people practiced the faith long before you and the like and have been subjugated by government and military just like Asia is in her country and many all over the globe. And guess what, just like in the beginning with the apostles and faithful who were killed kept their faith to the end
    the faithful still do today with or without military. As the householder was persecuted so too are those of the house. And Christ says we as His followers are not of this world as his kingdom is not. Again , our weapons are NOT CARNAL, but do pierce as you are experiencing and not liking!
    Military is not any Christian's salvation. Whether it be in time of darkness or in times of light ,Christ's Mercy and grace preserves those who practice the faith! PERIOD! Faith is determined not by times or comfort but love of Christ!

#63 OfLivingWaters, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lock and load

5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And like you feel you had to go into battle for man's worldly government, I feel too I must go into battle for Christ's heavenly one!
    You brought this discussion on with your hypocritical finger pointing not me. Now you sit here and cry boo hoo over something that was your personal choice to support. If you have unresolved issues concerning your military service take it up with Cesar . I was talking about heavenly matters that you obviously are not qualified to correct me about when you support carnal ones! Amazing. what is this forum , Christ run or military? Do you have to be in lock step to a military drum or the gospel?

6. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lock and load what?
    "Were it not for God's choosing some, Heaven would have none." (Jer 13:23; John 6:38-9, 44)

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So did he choose us military men or are we lost forever?... Brother Glen:)

#67 tyndale1946, Jun 27, 2018
  8. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So now we get to the crux of the matter for you. Did I say you were lost forever? Did I cast a stone or did you? Did I respond to your stone throwing.......yes! That is what I did using your stance concerning man's military and the one I serve.
    Unto Us a Child is Born Isaiah 9:5-7
    …5For every trampling boot of battle and every garment rolled in blood will be burned as fuel for the fire. 6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish and sustain it with justice and righteousness from that time and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of Hosts will accomplish this.…

We are to be made conformed to His image. Of course military people are chosen. That means called out. Trust me when you receive Christ you are born again, and are a new creation conformed to His image. If you are saying Christ is a worldly military system calling men to serve ,I do not recall reading about one apostle or saint fighting with carnal weapons of war except for the attempt by Peter and we all know that story. Please if the apostles did and Christ did please show me the scriptures. I am not talking about the OT but the season of Christ's coming, by whom all men are measured.

#68 OfLivingWaters, Jun 27, 2018
  9. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Matthew 8:5-13
    Jesus Heals a Centurion’s Servant
    5 When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, appealing to him 6 and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying at home paralyzed, in terrible distress.” 7 And he said to him, “I will come and cure him.” 8 The centurion answered, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof; but only speak the word, and my servant will be healed. 9 For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and the slave does it.” 10 When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to those who followed him, “Truly I tell you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith. 11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and will eat with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, 12 while the heirs of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13 And to the centurion Jesus said, “Go; let it be done for you according to your faith.” And the servant was healed in that hour.

Do you think the Centurion believed, of course he did. He was a soldier before he knew anything of Christ, he was a slave.He could not of his own will come and go in his station. He did his time, he was called out because he believed, he stayed within the place he was called. In the following it states: (If you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity) , but one should not- if free choose slavery or captivity.
    Live Your Calling 1Corinthians 7:17-24

17Regardless, each one should lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is what I prescribe in all the churches. 18Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man still uncircumcised when called? He should not be circumcised. 19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commandments is what matters.

20Each one should remain in the situation he was in when he was called. 21Were you a slave when you were called? Do not let it concern you, but if you can gain your freedom, take the opportunity. 22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord’s freedman. Conversely, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ’s slave.

23You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24Brothers, each one should remain in the situation he was in when God called him.

Are you free now or a slave of the government Tyndale? If free of constraints under government then just spread the gospel. If one already received Christ why become a slave to men in the armed forces? If one has entered the armed forces before knowing then he must remain in his station in which he is called. He must then do his job in righteousness. God bless!

#69 OfLivingWaters, Jun 27, 2018
  10. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your service Tyndale.

I'm sorry my story hijacked the thread, it's just a story I haven't really gone into on the BB yet. I look forward to a reply about what I should take away from my story when you are able to. Always best to understand things from as many good angles as possible.

11. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Galatians 4:16
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kill kill

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

14. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steven your story did not hijack this thread!... I have been walking with the Lord over 50 years... In all that time I've developed a tough hide... Now brethren may not agree with me on some matters and that is ok but I can roll with the best of them if I want too... Enjoyed your story and was just getting warmed up... That Steve!... I think he wants to hire me!... I'm a lover not a fighter!... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, yeah, you're right. I felt conflicted about saying sorry, so that means I shouldn't do it. I should always have sincerity with my actions.

That said, I'd love your reflections on my story! I have felt very conflicted about how to use it. It is a story of a scoffer leaving the cult of atheism to be a fool pretending at Christianity, but is it God making a story for the unsaved or the saved?

16. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the book of Acts Chapter 2 an unusual scene takes place Jews of all nations and tongues were listening to Peter and cried out men and brethren what must we do to be saved?... Why did they cry out?... They were pricked in the heart!... Did they prick their own heart?... Who pricked it?... Brother Glen:)

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semper Fi :Thumbsup

18. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Steve do you know where the safest place in a battle is?... Behind a Marine!:Biggrin... Tell it to the Marines!... It time to ROAR!... OOOOOOOOOOOORAH!... But I'm also in the Army... The Army Of The Lord!... Onward Christian Soldiers Marching As To War!... Sing it children!... Brother Glen:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only one who can prick it, the Spirit (John 16:7-11).

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OOORAH!