1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Temporary Salvationist 1-8

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Herb Evans, Nov 17, 2006.

1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It must be going around, because I've had to eat two helpings of crow today. Hope I can make it a few more hours without a third. It doesn't matter how you cook it up, crow just doesn't taste very good :(

2. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Yawn! -- Herb Evans :sleep:

3. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Mike twisted my arm to give him a shot, so I did. Also, Lacy sent me a post, and I thought it would be proper to answer him. So, now, since you call attention to my re-entry, bye, bye. Herb Evans

4. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Lest you all forget! -- Herb Evans

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

It's a free country. Do what you think is right. If you change your mind, you are no less of a man in my eyes. I've gotten frustrated and bowed out of a post that I felt was getting irrelevant, only to change my mind.

I kind of like having you around. And I appreciate it when you respond.

Lacy

6. Mike Berzins

Mike Berzins New Member

I hope you don't go yet, you would not be lying if you said you were leaving and then came back because you changed your mind due to new circumstances. The Lord said Nineveh would be overthrown and it was not. But the Lord did not lie.

I still intend to reply to the your last post in this thread, I just haven't been able to yet. I am new to debating in an internet forum, and have found that I have gotten into too many discussions. I have made comments that have spawned off new threads in the Bible Version section. And there are so many inaccuracies and faulty methods of reasonings over there that I can't possibly make the time to address them all. Especially since so much basic, foundational truth has to be laid just to try to get most of the posters to even begin to see the fallacy of their position.

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

:laugh: Thanks Lacy. I needed a good chuckle this morning. Good thing I didn't have any liquid in my mouth or I would be cleaning up my computer now.

8. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

I just read back over the last several pages of this thread. I want to aplolgize both to Herb and to Mike. I was caught up in your debate and I stuck my nose in when it was just getting good.

If you would start a new thread and continue, I will promise to only enjoy the reading of it and avoid posting myself.

Lacy

9. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

You know, I could even tolerate this interpretation of the JSOC, if it went no farther, suggesting the killing of some Christians at the JSOC and having them thrown into hell fire. Nevertheless, it is merely a springboard to get there. Still, if it were sins that were burned up, I wonder why would anything else or more be necessary?-- Herb Evans

10. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

[​IMG]

#251 Herb Evans, Dec 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2006
  11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Herb is that a self portrait? :laugh:

12. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

If you like. -- Herb Evans

13. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Bro. Evans, I met you 15 years or so ago at a fellowship meeting. I was there with Bro. Bunch. It is refreshing to have someone on here that has some common spiritual sense. Keep up the good work.

14. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

I will try, but I keep getting my threads killed in that they are very micromanaged. Not as bad as Sharper Iron Forum, however. Send me a private post with who you are, and I may remember you. -- Herb Evans

15. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Five Point Faustites- How many points Are You?

Thank you for your input, Brother T, I guess they do come in various magnitudes like Calvinists. I will ask them how many points they are. -- Herb Evans

Brother Herb

I just got to thinking about the heresy of Joey Faust, and the 5 points of Faustism. We need to start asking them if they are a FPF, which stands for a Five Point Faustite? How about the following:

Point#1- Total Depression and Delusion about heaven after death
    Point#2- Unconditional Confusion over the rapture and Resurrection
    Point#3- Limited survivors at the JSOC killing fields
    Point#4- Irresistable Guessing about one's Millennial exclusion
    Point#5- Punishment of some of the Saints in hell fire

Please ask for input from the www brethren, for some more comedy. The next mission impossible, if you choose to take it, will consist of 5 questions to see if a person qualifies as a believer in geocentricity.

--T.

16. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Point#1- Total lack of doubt as to our salvation.
    Point#2- Unconditional Confusion over gift and reward, and over faith and works.
    Point#3- Limited assurance of Kingdom entrance as we grow in obedience.
    Point#4- Irresistable peace with the other half of the Bible.
    Point#5- Punishment of disobedient, unrepentant, unwatchful Christians in hell fire

Count me in. TULIP!

Lacy

17. Liz Ward

Liz Ward New Member

Lacy, pardon me for butting in - I haven't been here for months - but what is the difference between this and Purgatory?

Liz

18. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I was going to let Lacy answer, but I guess he is busy. Purgatory is just another step in the long process of Catholic works salvation. A Catholic goes to mass, goes to confession, prays their rosary, etc... and if they have been a good enough Catholic, they get to go to purgatory to have the rest of their sins purged so they can go to heaven. A Catholic can't even be sure they are going to get to go to purgatory. We believe that a person is once saved, always saved, by faith in the finished work of Christ. Nothing we do can prevent us from being raised up to be with Christ on the last day. But the millennial kingdom is an age of reward for those who have lived faithful obedient lives for Christ. Missing the kingdom because of disobedience is not earning salvation by suffering. It is chastisement for a child of God.

19. Liz Ward

Liz Ward New Member

Yes, well, I have met several Catholics who would say exactly the same thing of purgatory - they emphasise most strongly that those in purgatory ARE SAVED. SO I repeat, what's the difference - apart from duration?

Liz