Ten Reasons to Revel in Being Chosen

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MennoSota, Feb 27, 2017.

1. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Calvinism come from a Catholic Lawyer.

Calvinists themselves are a gift from God. I would never want you to convert. Even if you did and it were done against your good conscience that would be a grave sin.

So even if you disagree with me I look at it as quite honorable.

I want you to be the best Calvinist ever, Walk the walk, even talk the talk of one who walks the walk.

As is, by responses, Its like you don't believe the things you say you believe.

I can easily pretend to believe the stuff you guys say and easily show you don't believe it.

For example it would be impossible for me to be angry with anyone for anything, impossible, because there is no one really there capable of doing good things only God alone. So the minute I see a Calvinist get upset with someone I think to myself, wait who are you trying to fool here.

Another important issue I think would help you guys is, Salvation is not the priority of a Christian.

The priority is God first. The way folks go about idolizing salvation is like a fat man and his cake.

We tell him he needs to pick his kids up from school, his response? Will that give me cake? is that going to earn me cake? Do I get cake if I pick up the kids?

The command of God might not earn you cake it might even cost you something.

A Christian does the command of God FOR FREE.

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism came mainly from Paul, did not know that he was Catholic?

3. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If Paul were a calvninist he would be sinning and mocking God with all his epistles believing he needs to explain any do's and don'ts to anyone.

He has nothing to teach only one teacher God almighty.

"Be imitators of me as I am of Christ"

1 Corinthians 11
    1Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

This verse is nonsense. He thinks himself GOD. Just like I asked you guys to imitate Paul and you refused, so the same with Paul and his "imitation" of Jesus.

This does not pass Calvinism.

All need be said is Jesus died for his elect and God will save whom he wills to save, THE END.

That's the entire gospel and ANYTHING else is a babble. There is zero authority in scripture and its relevance to the gospel.

You tell the gospel then you've done your job. There is no good or evil that determines anything.

You cannot help ANYONE ELSE in improving their stance with God, YOU cannot help anyone "HUMBLE" THEMSELVES in fact that attempt would be a SIN against God. On your part from believing you can persuade them to get on their knees and humble themselves with God.

No that is SIN, a sin to "correct" anyone.

You want someone to convert? You ask God to do it.

Debating anyone? WHAT A JOKE.

If I'm a Calvinist........someone whines about anything, Yeah I know tough cookie. There is nothing I can do to help you, And there is NO ADVICE you can follow to help yourself.

Blind Fold and cigarette is the only theology you need buddy. He came to me, he might come to you.

4. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Was John Bunyan imitating Christ when he wrote Pilgrim's Progress while being imprisoned for preaching the gospel? Was Wycliffe imitating Christ while being persecuted for translating the Bible into English? Was William Wilberforce imitating Christ as he worked to end slave trade in England?
    Utilyan, you are a hater of Godly people. Why do you harbor such hatred?

5. Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked you to imitate Paul earlier.
    You clearly haven't done it because you're still posting your nonsense.
    It's not what people say but what they do that counts (Matthew 21:28-32) so when are you going to put your money where your mouth is?
    When are you going to go to hell?

6. MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentiles are not a holy nation. The Jews were the holy nation. Peter was speaking to Jews.
    MB

7. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Paul tells us that Christians are the Israel of God.
    Peter was speaking to all Christians in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia.
    This means that the majority of people Peter is addressing are Gentiles.

Sorry, MB, you are wrong.

1 Peter 1
    [1]This letter is from Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ.I am writing to God’s chosen people who are living as foreigners in the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia.

8. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't hate anyone. I'm saying Paul's actions are not Calvinist.

I believe the way you treat me is inconsistent to what you say you believe.

I wouldn't ask why anyone harbors hatred because I would know too well that your harbor precisely as God allows.

I wouldn't waste my time with you at all, since I don't have a solution and neither do you in any form of any advice.

How do I handle you? Dear Lord, there is a guy who doesn't believe the gospel can you fix him? thank you, AMEN.

^that's what any Calvinist would do if he actually was consistent with what he believes.

The stance is you need to be regenerated first to even accept gospel.

There is nothing in our own power to regenerate another, there is nothing in their power to regenerate. I can get a guy to be humble to the lord and humble his rear off and grovel but to do that would be a sin on my part believing he can DO something to better his chances with God.

NO you cannot do anything!!
    It is God's choice alone. I would not waste my time debating you if I believed that stupidity. Would not be upset with you because I am no better, I would simply skip over you to the only universal solution, God.

God fix this guy Menno, thank you, amen. <-- that's what a Calvinist with common sense and consistency sounds like.

9. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Matthew 12

37“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

I'd be happy to go to hell. I got just the right thing to tell the Calvinist-God. Dormammu is the Same fellah with "Calvinist" t-shirt. Has followers who idolize "eternal life" over doing the right thing, the command of God.

10. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praise God I am fixed by the blood of Christ and Christ alone.
    Indeed, Calvin is not Paul, nor is Paul Calvin. John Calvin simply worked to read the Bible and let the Bible speak for itself without forcing a preconceived agenda on the text. It is an admirable thing to read God’s word in this way. This is why I find your hatred for Calvin so peculiar. Why such hatred in your heart, utilyan?

11. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Such hatred being spewed from your mouth, utilyan.

Here's the context of Matthew 12.

Matthew 12:30-37
    [30]“Anyone who isn’t with me opposes me, and anyone who isn’t working with me is actually working against me.
    [31]“So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven—except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, which will never be forgiven.
    [32]Anyone who speaks against the Son of Man can be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come.
    [33]“A tree is identified by its fruit. If a tree is good, its fruit will be good. If a tree is bad, its fruit will be bad.
    [34]You brood of snakes! How could evil men like you speak what is good and right? For whatever is in your heart determines what you say.
    [35]A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart.
    [36]And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak.
    [37]The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.”

Who was Jesus addressing? Were those folks seeking to be saved by works or by grace?

Verse 33 says a tree is known by the fruit it produces. What is the fruit of the Spirit? (See Galatians 5)
    How do you justify your hatred toward God's elect? I have shared with you many Godly people from history who read God's word on the same vein as John Calvin. The American colonies saw one of the world's greatest revivals in the Great Awakening taking place because "Calvinists" such as George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards preached God's word. The proof is in the fruit, utilyan.

Why do you harbor such hatred in your heart?

12. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

God made me, who made you?

13. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You sound similar to Pee Wee Herman.

14. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Which spirit has created such anger in your heart, utilyan?

Galatians 5:14-26
    [14]For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
    [15]But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.
    [16]So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
    [17]The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions.
    [18]But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses.
    [19]When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures,
    [20]idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,
    [21]envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
    [22]But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    [23]gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
    [24]Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
    [25]Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
    [26]Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth is that Paul was a calvinist in doctrine/theology!

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is salvation of the Lord or not then?

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He just seems to have a really goofy straw man version of calvinism that he beats up on!

18. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tell me what is goofy about it.

You surely don't think God can change my mind, look how often you have to help him

True Calvinist, would accept it is nothing in my power or another and that it rest on God alone for the other to get help.

Your responses best proof you don't believe what you say.

You even get upset with things I say, As if surprised expecting of someone you accuse as reprobate to behave good without God.

I bet when the electricity goes out in your house you change all the light bulbs.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said that you were reprobate, just that you do not really understand either, as the scriptures state them! calvinism, or salvation!

20. Tim71 Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Utilyan,
    Have you watched this video between James White and Trent Horn. If you have what did you think about it?