1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Terroristic Cop Placed on Leave

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Any black person will tell you that's a lie.

Another lie. The reality of Black folks and what the white privileged believe are two different things.

Undervalued and marginalized lives is the prevailing culture by a lot of officers when dealing with Blacks.

Even his chief says his actions were indefensible and he came to the scene "out-of-control." When even your chief admits that, there's a problem.

So y'all can once again save the "if they'd just obey " stuff. It's real easy for a lot of white Americans to lecture black folks on "just obeying" the police when they haven't been brutalized and had their lives marginalized by the same police.

When the police have historically been a party in the enslavement and beatings and lynchings and burnings and hangings of black people, why on earth do some white people think that Blacks are gonna feel the need to just obey them?

When you've got police officers killing unarmed black folks for nothing, you'd have to be a dummy to obey and get killed without trying to give yourself a fighting chance to live.

It's the same thing as telling folks not to willingly go with a kidnapper. Don't get in the trunk without a fight because they are probably gonna kill you.

Same thing with Blacks and the police. The trend has become that they will shoot you and say you were reaching for something.

Don't fall into the trap of "just obeying" someone who is trying to kill you.

White folks don't do it and Black folks shouldn't either.

2. targus

targus New Member

Someone needs a break from the board.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Show me one case where an unarmed black person was killed for "nothing". As in they did absolutely nothing. They were just standing there minding their own business and a cop rolled up and shot them. Just one instance please.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be nice, until it's time to not be nice.

5. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

You're missing my point Zaac. Why were the cops called in the first place? Were these black kids just minding their own business and conducting themselves in a lawful manner? I have yet to hear what exactly happened before the cops were called. If they were doing absolutely nothing wrong, the police would not have been called and none of this would have happened.

6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think anyone is saying that a police response to the call was unwarranted, it is the uncalled for actions of that one guy out of 11 total that ended up responding to the call. The two other guys in the video seemed to be handling themselves just fine.

#66 Use of Time, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  7. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

ANY black person? That's RACISM supposing all black folks think a like!

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Tamir Rice
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2014/nov/26/cleveland-video-tamir-rice-shooting-police

Unless you're now considering a child playing with a toy armed.

Akai Gurley, 28, Brooklyn, NY—Nov. 20, 2014
    Gurley was shot in a dark stairwell of an East New York housing project building by Officer Peter Liang. Gurley was unarmed. Police Commissioner William Bratton called Gurley "a total innocent." "The cop who was standing behind Officer Liang doesn't know what happened; the girlfriend doesn't know what happened," a senior police official told the New York Times.

John Crawford III, 22, Beavercreek, Ohio—August 5, 2014
    Crawford was fatally shot while carrying a pellet gun in a Wal-Mart. The gun was unsold merchandise and out of its package. A man named Ronald Ritchie told 911 that he looked like he was pointing it at people, but a month later he admitted that Crawford was not pointing the gun at people.

Yvette Smith, 47, Bastrop, Texas—February 16, 2014
    Officers responding to a domestic disturbance call shot after she opened her front door to them. Initially, police claimed that Smith had a firearm, but the sheriff's office retracted this the next day.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They were being kids. Some invited, some not to a end of year pool party. That doesn't warrant the things being said to them the white students attested. And it doesn't warrant this one cop coming in out of control ready to shoot someone.

Part of the problem again is White people see black people and assume, incorrectly, that they don't belong in the neighborhood (most of them actually lived in the community and they were invited by a resident to the pool.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'll help you pack. Please take a friend or two or ten wit ya.:thumbs:

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I found a video that shows what happened with the girl in the bikini. It shows that the officer over- reacted. Seeing more of it actually made me feel bad for him. The girl was told to leave, and maybe he did, maybe he did not have the right to say that, (they appeared to be on public property by that time, but I'm not sure) and he had to go back and ask again. He was upset that the teens made him chase them in the blazing sun, and it's hard to be wearing and carrying all that in the heat.
    Then she mouths off as she finally starts leaving, and he finally has had it.
    I understand. It wasn't the best decision, and made things worse, but under the circumstances, I find it forgivable. Since his poor decision led to his needing to draw his gun, it is reasonable to believe he's not a good choice for that type of assignment. Try traffic! It's unfortunate that it happened, but people with authority and weapons have to have more self control. Just one incident and the guy loses his career.
    Darn it! I feel really bad for him.
    Oh, and I still see no racism in that from the officer. Sometimes there just isn't. I looked for it too. I figured it would be there. :-/ I'm glad it wasn't for once!

12. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

If the cops had to be called then they weren't just "kids being kids". I hate that term. I here that a lot from liberal parents who don't want to discipline their children, "oh, they're just kids being kids". Just an excuse.

13. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

I think cops should have a thicker skin and shouldn't be prone to going after someone physically just for mouthing off. Malloy and Reed never did that on Adam-12 and they were called all kinds of names on that show and they just blew them off.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes being a tv cop is the same thing. :rolleyes:

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Lol! I see we have another smarty-pants on board.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You can hate it all you want. SO called "conservatives" only want to use polite terms when it applies to folks who look like them. "Oh Billy was such a smart kid. He shot up the theater and killed ten people, but he was always such a polite young man". :rolleyes:

They were kids being kids and enjoying the fact that school had ended at the pool.

The cops were called because certain parents didn't want some of the kids there.

The family who organized the party had the HOA's clearance to be there. And if residents had a problem with the kids who were supposed to be there or not be there, they should have taken it up with the ADULTS on site.

17. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

Um, I'm a conservative and no I wouldn't say that.

Can you provide the source where you got that info from? As far as how it started? I heard from a co-worker that the cops were called because a fight broke out or is that still "kids being kids"?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, not all liberals would say what you said they would either.

It was an on the radio interview with a friend of the family who reserved the pool who was there.

And your co-worker probably heard it on FOX News.

According to the HOST:

I'm not saying that there probably wasn't some back and forth, but they were kids just having a party.

#78 Zaac, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  19. shadow0421

shadow0421 New Member

No he doesn't watch tv. He was on the internet at work on Yahoo when he started talking about it. Maybe he got it from there so don't assume things.

Besides, Fox isn't any different than CNN or MSNBC. They all have a slant. You just don't like Fox's slant.

Then he was correct, there was a fight. Great example the adults make for the children. This explains a lot. Thank you.

#79 shadow0421, Jun 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2015
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that go both ways as you obviously don't know from where he got it?

I don't care for FOX's slant. I don't care for the slants of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC.

Unlike the "conservatives" on this board, I don't take what I hear on tv and talk radio and assume it's all true. I personally think they all lie and manipulate for ratings. Sean Hannity and O'Reilly and Rush are the same type race pimps as is Sharpton. Political conservatives just don't want to believe it. :laugh:

Yep. According to several of the kids, there were a lot of folks who "technically" weren't invited ( I say technically because there was a flyer posted to instagram by the DJ, not by the host that said free entry).

All Hades broke free according to bystanders when Tracey-Carver Albritton and her friend "Kate" accosted the 19 year old host and started using racial slurs and slapped her.

THAT was the fight that was taking place that got Sean Toon to call 911.

And in response to the 911 call, Officer Casebolt responded like so many officers do when they see Blacks.

They swoop in with an attitude of disrespect and then wonder why folks respond the way that they do.

He's chasing after the black kids and pinning them to the ground and cussing folks out while his fellow officers remain calm. While no one ever arrests the two ladies who assaulted the 19 year old.

Now the 19 year old and her mother are gonna need a lawsuit to pay for the HOA fines that may result. Good thing the DJ wasn't trying to charge for the party because that is an absolute NO NO when you reserve HOA property.