1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Exit.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Quantrill, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes you gave approximate because you were scared to give the actual. I understand. Someone else did it for you.

Who says a state cannot leave the Union? You?

If the Confederate States did not leave the Union then why were thy told they could not be reinstated to Union unless they voted correctly for the 13th and 14th amendment?

That so called perpetual union was thrown out the window. Where is the union described as perpetual in the Constitution of 1787?

You don't like Texas?....just breaks my heart. Have any more good news?

Texas doesn't need the U.S. So why shouldn't the U.S. let us go? As I said, "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands...." Can't get any more American than that. Correct?

Which means if you oppose that, just how 'American' are you?

Quantrill

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some ways the US would break up

People here demand it, so they change the constitution and laws and the states agree to separate.
    An invasion by a superior armed force in a failed war where the US lost to a ruthless enemy killing hundreds of millions or more as a result, like a massive nuclear war, and the conqueror displaces most people, such as taken as slaves, and dividing up the country so as to prevent it from becoming a world power again.

A devastating natural disaster wiping out the nation and dividing it such as a mega volcano eruption, along with a Tsunami like Cumbre Viejo collapse which will send a flood destroying the entire east coast. Add in an asteroid or comet strike for good measure and earthquakes. Survivors form into tribes to survive.

A plaque killing off many of the people of the world except for some people groups who then invade and take over various regions by force. (like what happened to American tribes)

Sudden loss of fertility where no more babies are born, due to biological warfare attack.
    Complete loss of electrical power and fuel and energy and no medical care causing starvation and death of most of the country

A combination of all these events
    All of those are very unlikely, but not impossible. End times disasters, and judgements could allow for it to happen.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is how states line up politically.

Texas is divided (it is almost 50/50....52% Republicans to 47% Democrat).

And, like here, the economic centers are blue.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

Yes, I said in the 1860's because I was "scared" to say 1869....not because I could not remember the exact year and had to look it up.

The Articles of Confederation established a perpetual union between the states. The Constitution, when implemented, only strengthened and perfected this relationship. (Per the SCOTUS)

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That reminds me, if you have not watched Jericho (an older series) it is good.

One issue is the economic powers are in Democrat controlled areas. Texas is almost 50/50. State boundaries just do not mean as much as it once did.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    People go crazy and become like demons and everyone kills everyone else. Like a genocide, look up African Tutsi vs Hutus genocide.
    If the left started mass killings of everyone on the right, the right would start killing them too.
    Genocidal culture warfare would take place in all the cites and spread into rural areas.

8. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only "indestructible union" is the Kingdom of God. All others will fall, including the U.S. and Texas at some point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And every National Guard unit. The people can stay but the equipment and funding goes.

The Military bases and posts can be sold to Texas or torn down (depending on if Texas is considered an enemy of the US). We can move troops to the US.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. We need to build a wall around Texas to keep them contained. :Biggrin

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How are those countries the USA helped to gain independence, such as The Phillipines and Namibia, holding up? And how does Texas compare to them in population, resources, and industry and know-how?

As for legality of secession, Amendment 10 allows it. In White v. Texas, the SC wasn't going to rule thst states had a right to secede and thus declare the US was on the wrong side of its own constitution, so it said the only alternative. And the feds at the time did not care about constitutionality, as shown by such acts as the Tenure of Office.

12. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There could be succession if everyone who mattered agreed, they would change whatever laws were needed, new constitutional amendments, new supreme court rulings, etc... to make it happen.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not familiar with Namibia, but the Phillipines has issues (there is a reason it is on the heightened risk list).

The ruling for Texas vs White was not on the right to leave the Union. The fact that a State cannot legally and constitutionally leave the Union was one reason they used to support their decision regarding the bonds.

14. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The New Holy Roman Empire is coming.

We are all together, all nations, peoples and soon religion(s).
    UNITY of Mankind.
    Any wanting to be separate are rebels.
    We are noble and our brothers' keepers.

Beginning plan: Project for the New American Century - SourceWatch

Adapted for current situations, changes as necessary.

Exploit crisis: Democrats see coronavirus as just another crisis to exploit

More like what happened last year and today:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/01/27/david-clark-georgia-covid-test/

Any separatists will be labeled detrimental and will be crushed.

15. Scott Downey

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are supposedly up to 425,000 covid deaths in the US, I imagine could go over a million.
    And our nation seems to be experiencing many more deaths than others.

Regarding covid and deaths and the fearful things coming on this world, I dont care if 100 million people or billions die of covid around this world. How could any such thing happen unless the finger of God was being brought in judgement, and everything God does is good and righteous altogether, and I can have no effect on how the end of days plays out. This world is not my home, I know that it is doomed to destruction in a fiery ending, and as Peter the Apostle of our Lord Jesus Christ says, we look forward to new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness. The end will as Christ said be like the time of Noah, and as Sodom and Gomorrah, we see those kinds of things happening now as signs coming on the earth and we know they were all destroyed.

16. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them...."

Then we need Convention of the States.

Secession is not a good idea.
    They’ll not let Texas walk away with its oil, natural gas or Ft. Bliss, Ft. Hood, NASA, Corpus Christi Naval base, etc. etc.. They’ll not let us walk away with the largest gas and oil refineries in the US. And one of the top five largest ports in the US who happens to be 3 hours from the mouth of the Mississippi. We could go on but they won’t let it happen.

17. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That said, the Oklatex (Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas) could easily survive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your view of the affects of the Constitution of 1787 is not what we are talking about. That the Articles of Confederation were done away with completely is what we are talking about, making the so called 'perpetual union' found in those articles null and void. Which is why the designers of the Constitution of 1787 were careful to avoid that perpetual language. They knew they just threw that union out the window.

The Articles of Confederation could only be amended by a unanimous vote. They knew they were not going to get a unanimous vote. Thus they had to throw away our first Constitution and create another.

The Union is perpetual by the Federal bayonet only. Not by the will of the people or states.

Quantrill

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote from the movie, Full Metal Jacket:

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Where in the (snkip) are you from anyway, private?
    Private: Sir, Texas, sir!
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog(expleted deleted by admin) Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.

#39 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2021
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not basing the conclusions of the SCOTUS on the Articles of Confederation.

The SCOTUS based their decision on the fact that the US Constitution strengthened the idea established by the Atricles (i e., it is unconstitutional and illegal for a State to leave the Union).

States can consider themselves to have left the Union (as the Confederate States did). But the United States will not acknowledge that States (they will always be a part of the Union as long as the US exists as a nation).

Texas could try to leave the Union illegally, but to actually leave they would have to defeat the United States.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.