1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas judge and three others arrested on 150 counts of voter fraud

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's quite interesting that the "news report" failed to mention the party affiliation of Justice of the Peace Tomas "Tommy" Ramirez. He's a Republican. If you doubt it, look at the top of page 11 of this document. In Texas, almost all of the verified voter fraud cases have been Republicans.

They are actually Spanish names, not "Mexican" names, but I'm not sure why it would be a shock that these persons would have Spanish names. Hispanics are a very large portion of the "white" population of Texas, especially around San Antonio and the Hill Country. Many of these family lines have lived in Texas for hundreds of years, when Texas was part of Mexico.

Why do you think it is relevant that they have "Mexican" names?

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I believe if the voter mail in scam is the new norm and we can't call the election in a timely traditional manner we can forget a conservative President in the White House again.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm going to tell you a true story (it's short, not really relevant, but your post reminded me of an incident over several months ago).

My wife and I went downtown to eat at Laziza (Laziza Mediterranean Grill, there are two in the Augusta area). We had ordered and just received our food when there was a woman yelling at the staff.

Over the summer there was an effort to get people to support only Black owned businesses (yes, racism, but not the point). By this time the "Black only" push had ended (Augusta is 65% Black, White's make up about 35%, so the demographics were different from much of the nation.).

Anyway, the problem in the line at Laziza Mediterranean Grill is this women went there because she thought it was a Black owned restaurant and it turns out the place is owned by Nader Khatib, who is not Black. She accused them of racial appropriation by naming their restaurant "Laziza Mediterranean Grill" because Laziza sounds (to her) African-American. (Laziza is an Aarabic name).

Anyway, I just thought that was interesting. You are right that it is wrong to judge people, and it is wrong to judge people by their names.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's also a Southern Baptist preacher!

Office of Tomas Ramirez III • Attorney at Law
    [scroll to end of bio]:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the way it should be. Voter fraud is voter fraud.

Political party just doesn't matter at all. Prosecute every one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's no more relevant than political party. It's the fraud that matters.

• Agree Agree x 2