1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas school discipline

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Jul 19, 2011.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In a 55MPH zone, what speed should I be going? If you are one of these fools that go 45 in a 55, you need to be ticketed for obstructing traffic.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire

3. matt wade

That's nice and all, but I didn't call you a fool. Try answering the question instead of acting all high and mighty. What speed are you supposed to drive in a 55mph zone?

4. lilyvalley

lilyvalley New Member

This is judgmental, and to be honest, really weird. 52 or 53 in a 55. Weird.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Anything 55 or under as long as the under does not cause a safety issue. I usually stay 3 to 5 MPH under posted speed limits.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I understand your point as so many today think that law breaking is expected and that is how they live their lives towards Christ as well.

7. matt wade

This is contrary to what you originally posted:

In your list of examples of a "child learns that rules do not mean what they are stated", you listed an example of breaking the rules as "In a 55 MPH zone they go 52 or 53 or 55".

8. lilyvalley

lilyvalley New Member

All so very weird.

9. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Granted that too many nit-picky rules are enforced while serious matters are ignored. For example, in the schools that my kids attended there was an instance where 3 students jumped one boy and beat him outside during gym class and nothing was ever done about it. The teacher knew and didn't take action. There were students who were regularly told to get out of the classroom because they were causing disturbances, and then walked around in the hallway loudly cursing the teacher. Again without any consequences. No action was taken for fear of offending certain pressure groups, "community activists", or just plain fear period. So it appears to me to be a case of enforcing minor infractions while ignoring "the weightier matters of the law" because that way they appear to be cracking down when it's not really the case.