1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Texas Schools to teach the Bible

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My daughter is taking "Hebrew Scriptures" in college at a Catholic school. It's a terrible class and one that she'd rather not have to take but she needed to take either that or philosophy so she figured this would be better. Ick!! Did you know that nothing in Genesis or Exodus really happened?? The professor has an explanation for EVERYTHING. She's so disgusted.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why do they call it a Catholic school?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible should not be taught by a government entity or by using taxpayer money.

Do we really want people other than those who have been born again to be teaching the Bible to children, or anyone else for that matter?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Because MANY in the Catholic church explain away the Bible. I learned the same things as she's learning way back in '79-'83 when I attended Catholic high school. "There was no flood. Noah's Ark is an alegory." "The plagues were a natural occurrance." "The Red Sea didn't part - it was low tide." "Evolution is true and Adam and Eve just represent the first of the humans but they weren't actual people." That's what I learned from the priests and nuns who taught my school. :(

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The field is white unto harvest...

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will the religious zealots please step aside, it is now time for t“The History and Literature of the Islamic Era.”

If you're going to have one, best be ready for the other!

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If we allow the Bible to be (usually poorly) taught in public schools get ready for the Koran and other pagan texts to be offered as well.

We need to remove religious instruction from public schools and allow our churches and ministries to be the places where our children are properly taught the things and thoughts of God.

9. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Cha-ching!!! The very people who want schools to teach the Bible are the ones who will be crying and moaning when other sacred texts are taught.

Ba-bam!!

10. RAdam

RAdam New Member

People are hypocrites.

They want the bible taught in public schools. Sounds good on paper, right? Wrong. Guess what will happen. We will have unregenerates telling our kids that this never happened, that never happened, etc. The flood didn't happen, or it was local. The plagues were natural occurances. There was no David. Jesus didn't really walk on water and feed more than 5,000 people ending up with more food than He started with. Now, that obviously won't fly with well taught Christian kids, but how many Christian kids are well taught? The answer, not as many as you think. So, many parents will send their kids to school thinking they are being taught the bible, when the reality is they are taught to distrust the bible, and the parents will be totally ignorant of that fact.

Then, as has been alluded to, they will have to teach other religious texts. So you'll have them teaching the Koran. Big first step towards Sharia Law will be taken and Muslims will rejoice. Meanwhile, the same people that wanted the bible taught will oppose the teaching of the Koran. Hypocrisy. It was ok for the public schools to teach religion so long as they agreed with the religion. All of the sudden it will be wrong, they will have overstepped their bounds, etc.

The fact is this kind of thing is the result of one thing - the outright refusal of many Christian parents to fulfill their obligation to teach their own kids the bible. So they pawn them off on other people or other organizations to do it. Is it any surprise that so many Christian kids and young people are so ignorant of the bible. It makes it easy on the infidel professors when they get to college. Now, the genius parents want to subject their kids to these infidels before they even get to college. Great idea!

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I remember in my high school in the mid 1960's, one of my teachers prayed and read the Bible before each class. Then one day as we were in the lunch room, a teacher rolled a metal cart through the room. We were told to put any Bibles we had on the cart, and they were confiscated. I carried a small New Testament that I read during breaks, and I didn't give them that. Communism had come to the schools of Battle Creek, Michigan.