1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured That old "Baptism Saves" argument

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry but you seem to be suffering from some sort of derangement syndrome.

Of course when I trusted Christ for my salvation, I asked to be spiritually baptized into Christ!!!!
    And of course, that refers to my human spirit, not body of flesh, being immersed into Christ's spiritual body.

Only after a person has been given to Christ, transferred into Christ, are they "known." But after our spiritual baptism, Christ will say I know you for you are in me and I am in you.

Those who are called (transferred) according to His purpose have been placed into Christ's spiritual body, the sanctification by the spirit, 2 Thessalonians 2:13

When we hear the gospel, we learn of God's love for us while we were still sinners, demonstrating that love by dying for us.

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 8:28-30 NASB
    And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters;
    and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

1) Who are those "called" according to His purpose? Those who love God. Thus created beings who exist and have chosen to love God. Some translations choose to include the article, thus reading those who are the called according to His purpose. Therefore those in view are those who have been transferred into Christ's spiritual body.

2) Who are those He foreknew? Those who have been individually called (placed within Christ's spiritual body) because they love God.

3) How did God foreknow them or what about them did He know beforehand? God's redemption plan was to choose believers that He credited with righteous faith. Thus God knew beforehand that believers who love God were the chosen ones, the called.

4) What else did God plan and predestine for those chosen? To cause them to be conformed to the image of His Son.

5) Now in the present, God is implementing His redemption plan, calling those whose faith He credits, by setting them apart in Christ, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.

6) And these placed into Christ, are made alive together with Christ, undergoing the washing of regeneration, which removes whatever God held against them, and thus are justified by the blood of Christ.

7) And therefore, our spiritual rebirth as children of God, glories us as siblings of Christ, made blameless and perfect and righteous. And of course, those who are "the called" have been glorified.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zactly.

G4982 - sōzō - Strong's Greek Lexicon (kjv) (blueletterbible.org)
    sōzō
    1. to save, keep safe and sound, to rescue from danger or destruction
      1. one (from injury or peril)
        1. to save a suffering one (from perishing), i.e. one suffering from disease, to make well, heal, restore to health

2. to preserve one who is in danger of destruction, to save or rescue
      2. to save in the technical biblical sense
        1. negatively
          1. to deliver from the penalties of the Messianic judgment

2. to save from the evils which obstruct the reception of the Messianic deliverance
    40 When therefore the lord of the vineyard shall come, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
    41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those miserable men, and will let out the vineyard unto other husbandmen, who shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
    45 And when the chief priests and the Pharisees heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. Mt 21

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said unto them, Ye offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
    10 And even now the axe lieth at the root of the trees: every tree therefore that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. Mt 3

35 that upon you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of Abel the righteous unto the blood of Zachariah son of Barachiah, whom ye slew between the sanctuary and the altar.
    36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. Mt 23

22 For these are days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
    23 Woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days! for there shall be great distress upon the land, and wrath unto this people.
    32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all things be accomplished. Lu 21

38 And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    40 And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Save yourselves from this crooked generation. Acts 2

23 And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people. Acts 3

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues: Rev 18

#43 kyredneck, Aug 17, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The emphasis is on HE not me... And it appears to me that you have the Holy Spirit doing what you want it to do, not what is does without your assistance... Who do you think you are the Weatherman?... The Lord is in the Salvation business Van... Not You
    Leave it to Van to take the glory from the Godhead and mishandle scriptures that has been the mainstay of my people and the people of God, before I joined the church... You want to listen to this ungodly tripe, your welcome to it... I'm done here!... Brother Glen:Thumbsdown:Thumbsdown

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another worthless taint so post, devoid of reason or biblical support.

Did I emphasize me rather than He? Nope so obfuscation on display.

I do not have the Holy Spirit doing my bidding, I am simply stating what scripture says the Holy Spirit does.

Did I take glory from God? Nope so obfuscation on display.

Here is what scripture says from scriptures point of view:

Romans 8:28-30 NASB
    And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
    For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters;
    and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

1) Who are those "called" according to His purpose? Those who love God. Thus created beings who exist and have chosen to love God. Some translations choose to include the article, thus reading those who are the called according to His purpose. Therefore those in view are those who have been transferred into Christ's spiritual body.

2) Who are those He foreknew? Those who have been individually called (placed within Christ's spiritual body) because they love God.

3) How did God foreknow them or what about them did He know beforehand? God's redemption plan was to choose believers that He credited with righteous faith. Thus God knew beforehand that believers who love God were the chosen ones, the called.

4) What else did God plan and predestine for those chosen? To cause them to be conformed to the image of His Son.

5) Now in the present, God is implementing His redemption plan, calling those whose faith He credits, by setting them apart in Christ, the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.

6) And these placed into Christ, are made alive together with Christ, undergoing the washing of regeneration, which removes whatever God held against them, and thus are justified by the blood of Christ.

7) And therefore, our spiritual rebirth as children of God, glories us as siblings of Christ, made blameless and perfect and righteous. And of course, those who are "the called" have been glorified.