1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Absolute Decree of Reprobation Expounded

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Protestant, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If it is God's desire that the Pope goes to hell and the Pope complies then where is the sin?

For sin to be sin you actually have to be doing something GOD doesn't want you to do.

Total Depravity must include depraved of common sense.

2. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ(Jude 4).

The world and unregenerate Christian leaders find nothing out of the ordinary in the religious rituals performed by the Pope, calling him a humble, dedicated, selfless servant of God.

Had they the Holy Spirit of Truth they would have called him that which the Lord God calls him: the God-hating Antichrist, whose end is destruction.

Notice Jude concurs with Peter. The Popes of Rome were ordained/appointed to destruction before they were born, before Creation.

Further proof of the doctrine of absolute eternal reprobation.

3. utilyan

Site Supporter

1 peter 3
    15but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

Colossians 3

12So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

Praise our Lord, Jesus Christ.

If God commands you not to sin, and you decide to sin, are you doing what God WANTED and DESIRED you to do?

Is the Pope sinning? are you saying he is doing something God does not WANT him to do?

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

When a man sins is he doing what God wanted and desired him to do?

This question is the tip of an iceberg.

We could accept God has the perfect liberty and justice to damn who he wills and saves whom he wills.

That without God we not only incapable of any single good act, but we can't even breathe or make our hearts beat. To quote the hands of angry God:

The God that holds you over the pit of hell, much as one holds a spider or some loathsome insect over the fire, abhors you, and is dreadfully provoked. His wrath towards you burns like fire; he looks upon you as worthy of nothing else but to be cast into the fire. He is of purer eyes than to bear you in his sight; you are ten thousand times as abominable in his eyes as the most hateful, venomous serpent is in ours.
    You have offended him infinitely more than ever a stubborn rebel did his prince, and yet it is nothing but his hand that holds you from falling into the fire every moment. It is to be ascribed to nothing else that you did not got to hell the last night; that you were suffered to awake again in this world, after you closed your eyes to sleep. And there is no other reason to be given why you have not dropped into hell since you arose in the morning, but that God's hand has held you up. There is no other reason to be given why you have not gone to hell since you have sat here in the house of God provoking his pure eye by your sinful, wicked manner of attending his solemn worship. Yea, there is nothing else that is to be given as a reason why you do not this very moment drop down into hell.
    --Jonathan Edwards

God can clearly save who he wants, Damn who he wants. Only his elect will be in heaven, and every reprobate shall be damned.

That given, That said, here is the tip of the iceberg. Its the tip only because beneath this question is the foundation that GOD WANTS and DESIRES for all men to be saved.

When a man sins is he doing what God wants him to do or not?

Don't run from this question. Face this question.

The only way for sin to be sin is for someone to do exactly what GOD did not want them to DO.

We are told by SCRIPTURE, the holy word of GOD, That GOD commands that ALL MEN are to not sin.

We are told by scripture, the holy word of God, That GOD commands, it is his WANT and DESIRE that everyone should LOVE GOD, everyone should love neighbor, that every knee will bend to Jesus Christ.

If everyone did what GOD wanted and desired ALL would be saved.

For sin to be sin you have to be doing what God does not WANT nor DESIRE.

When a man sins is he doing what God wants him to do or not?

Every Christian and child knows the answer to this.

If you don't know the answer ask your own child. Pray to God for the answer of this question.

The answer of this question, THE TRUTH will set you free.
    The Truth will set you free--->
    This question is going to follow you around everywhere you go. You can't even open a fridge without it asking: When a man sins is he doing what God wants him to do or not?

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well why don't you tell us and put us out of our misery, O great one?
    Why not look at the most sinful deed ever perpetrated by man? 'But you denied the Holy One and the Just, and asked for a murderer to be granted you, and killed the Prince of life......' (Acts 3:14-15). When they did that, were they doing what God wanted them to do or not? You might want to read Acts 4:27-28 and include that in your answer.

You might also want to read prayerfully Romans 11:33-36 and learn some humility.

The Pope is doing something that God COMMANDS him not to do (Exodus 20:4-5), and he is doing it, not because God made him do it, but because he is obeying the dictates of his wicked unregenerate heart (James 1:12-15).

#85 Martin Marprelate, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

False Humility is the worst kind of pride and vanity.

We drill a person for killing Jesus, and then IGNORE the call to repentance?

ACTS 3

19“Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord; 20and that He may send Jesus, the Christ appointed for you,

Why would the "reprobates" who murdered Jesus have the Christ appointed? Where did they LEAVE to have to RETURN? Why does God DESIRE and WANTS them to REPENT? Why does God WANT, DESIRE and HOPES that your sins may be wiped away?

So GOD does not want nor does he DESIRE the POPE to SIN. He wants the Pope to LOVE JESUS, DESIRES the POPE to love Jesus.

God DESIRES and WANTS the POPE to be Saved.

The idea that God does not desire all men to be saved is being put out of its misery.^
    If people can't think for yourself we get a massive situation of Blind lead by blind.

Those with hard hearts can't stand the love of God, hate the notion God loves everyone, hate the concept of LOVE your Enemies, they hate mercy. Love to bully and make others suffer, using God is icing on top, an opportunity to defile and slander his true perfect merciful character.

They are "SUPRISED" God would save anyone at all! Because in their heart they EXPECTED God to be COMPLETELY UNFORGIVING. They don't even see the INSULT. Proclaiming we are surprised God would save anyone! God is HALF the jerk rather then the complete Jerk we expected.

No one bothered to ask if/is what GOD COMMANDS is what GOD DESIRES?

This is a simple CHRISTIAN CHILDHOOD QUESTION. They all know the answer,

We are not called to be Peer pressure, follow the crowd, zombies.

7. Protestant

In your opinion, is the Pope a Christian?

8. utilyan

Site Supporter

Yes. His priority is Jesus Christ.

Lets suppose though despite being qualified or disqualified he is a reprobate. Even if he met all your criteria for being Christian it simply turns out God has not chosen him elect.

When a reprobate sins is he doing what God WANTS and DESIRES him to do?

Why does God want a reprobate to repent and turn to Jesus Christ?

The thing I want focused on is the Sincere actual WANT and DESIRE of God.

I would be a step closer to your position If I could be convinced that when GOD commands something it means HE DOES NOT WANT it.

Jesus commands, Love God, Love neighbor, seek the kingdom of heaven.......These commands intrinsically imply that he desires salvation on all who the command applies.

If God commands you to sit down and you do, you are doing what he wanted.

If God commands me to sit and I don't, I am not doing what he wanted.

If God says well my command isn't for you, then I'm not sinning if I don't sit.

At its core isn't disobedience present in sin?

I don't believe God is going to command you to sit down and whisper in my ear...."I really don't want him to sit down". And then you don't sit down and he crosses his arms saying "how dare you do exactly what I wanted you to do."

9. Protestant

Thank you for responding to my straightforward question.

However, due to the overwhelming evidence that Roman Catholicism is steeped in idolatry, a practice hated and condemned by the Lord and one which guarantees eternal punishment, (a fact which the Pope and his adherents, such as yourself, refuse to acknowledge), I do not see how it is possible to carry on a meaningful dialogue with you.

The many shocking visual proofs I have provided of the superstitious and satanic worship rituals performed by the Roman Pontiff, (which includes the belief that a manmade wafer is changed into the literal Lord Jesus Christ by command of the priest), are enough to raise serious red flags with anyone who retains a shred of common sense.

The latest photo posted of the Pontiff placing magic beads on what are essentially Voodoo dolls should make any sane person run for the exit.

That many run to the Pontiff is proof of the power which Satan holds over men.

That many so-called ‘Christian’ leaders embrace the Pope is proof that Satan is not bound in the bottomless pit, but rather is alive and well, operating at full throttle in the professing Christian churches of all denominations.

[​IMG]

10. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who ignores the call to repentance? Acts 17:30. 'But now God commands all men everywhere to repent.' The gates of heaven stand wide open. "The one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out" (John 6:37). But the sad fact is that in their own strength men will not come to Christ. "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil" (John 3:19). 'There is none righteous, no not one; there is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God, they have all turned aside......' (Romans 3:10-12). You have a picture of people saying, "Oh, how I wish I could become a Christian but I .....just......can't.......do it." The opposite is true; they will not come because they hate God and they want to run their own lives, and unless God changes their wicked, impenitent hearts they will never come.
    Why do you think they were all reprobates? 'So when the centurion, who stood opposite Him, saw that He cried out like this and breathed His last, he said, "Surely this man was the Son of God' (Mark 15:39). God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy.
    The Greek word is epistrepho. Like all men and women, they have turned away from God. They are being called to 'turn to God' (NIV), 'turn again' (ESV), 'be converted' (KJV, NKJV).
    If God wanted them to repent, they will have done so, like the centurion. 'Whatever the LORD pleases He does, in heaven and in earth' (Psalm 135:6).
    I can't imagine. Not for any good in me. 'Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth' (James 1:18).

God calls the Pope, just as He calls everyone, to repent, leave his idolatry and place all his trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. If the Pope will do that, he will be saved.
    If God desires and wants the Pope to be saved, you may be sure he will be. 'So it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy..........Therefore [God] has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens' (Romans 9:16-18).
    The idea that God desires something that He cannot achieve is blasphemous. You have a weak and pathetic god who either sits by wringing his hands because he can't save all the people he wants to, or feels somehow obliged to let the most foul sinners into heaven
    You seem to be rather full of hate yourself since you slander those who disagree with you.
    I am amazed He would save me. You seem to think He owes you something.

'Amazing grace, how sweet the sound,
    That saved a wretch like me.
    I once was lost, but now am found,
    Was blind but now I see.'
    [John Newton, Five Point Calvinist]
    God has no pleasure in the death of the sinner, yet He has not, in His perfect wisdom and justice, chosen to save them all. That is the answer whether you like it or not.
    Why are you being one then?

11. utilyan

Site Supporter

"God has no pleasure in the death of the sinner, yet He has not, in His perfect wisdom and justice, chosen to save them all. That is the answer whether you like it or not."

Your almost there buddy right on the line.

My challenge isn't that no one is going to hell. Neither is it whether he will choose exceptions or not.

We are focused on his WANT --> HIS DESIRE.

I thought I was pretty clear God can DAMN and SAVE who he wants.

The issue here is solely focused on his COMMAND which implies his DESIRE AND HIS WANT.

HEY you might WANT and DESIRE chocolate Cake.......that doesn't mean you get chocolate cake.

GOD does WANT everyone to NOT SIN and DESIRES ALL TO BE SAVED not everyone might be saved.

His command makes it OBVIOUS.

This is quite different from a HITLER-supremacy-God (the devil). who can't bear a God who loves everyone. It doesn't fit with his abusive evil lifestyle.

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

Catholics worship Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

The Trinity. A Catholic word we invented.

You welcome for my straight forward answers, return the favor.

When a man sins is he doing what God wanted and desired him to do? Yes or No.

13. Protestant

I can certainly give you a biblical response to your question, but first need your assurance that when I prove there is no contradiction in God commanding man to not sin while at the same time decreeing that same man's reprobation, you will renounce Roman Catholicism to follow the Christ of the Bible.

14. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The term 'Trinity' was coined by Tertullian, who knew nothing of popes, cardinals and all the rest of Roman catholic nonsense and wrote against infant 'baptism.'

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

Oh yeah did you check out his "Baptist" bible? Back when it had more then 66 books and made the sign of the cross.

Whereas all doctrine must be prejudged as false which savours of contrariety to the truth of the churches and apostles of Christ and God. It remains, then, that we demonstrate whether this doctrine of ours, of which we have now given the rule, has its origin in the tradition of the apostles, and whether all other doctrines do not ipso facto proceed from falsehood. We hold communion with the apostolic churches because our doctrine is in no respect different from theirs. This is our witness of truth.

But if there be any (heresies) which are bold enough to plant themselves in the midst of the apostolic age, that they may thereby seem to have been handed down by the apostles, because they existed in the time of the apostles, we can say: Let them produce the original records of their churches; let them unfold the roll of their bishops, running down in due succession from the beginning in such a manner that [that first bishop of theirs] bishop shall be able to show for his ordainer and predecessor some one of the apostles or of apostolic men,—a man, moreover, who continued stedfast with the apostles. For this is the manner in which the apostolic churches transmit their registers: as the church of Smyrna, which records that Polycarp was placed therein by John; as also the church of Rome, which makes Clement to have been ordained in like manner by Peter. --Tertullian

Our appeal, therefore, must not be made to the Scriptures; nor must controversy be admitted on points in which victory will either be impossible, or uncertain, or not certain enough. But even if a discussion from the Scriptures, or, “a polemical comparison of the Scriptures.” should not turn out in such a way as to place both sides on a par, (yet) the natural order of things would require that this point should be first proposed, which is now the only one which we must discuss: “With whom lies that very faith to which the Scriptures belong.. From what and through whom, and when, and to whom, has been handed down that rule,[or, where was the guide-post set?] by which men become Christians?” For wherever it shall be manifest that the true Christian rule and faith shall be, there will likewise be the true Scriptures and expositions thereof, and all the Christian traditions. --Tertullian

Good thing Tertullian doesn't know any catholic nonsense.

Tert the Baptist says we shouldn't go to scriptures but should question the apostolic succession.....

Lets do that. :Laugh

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

I never said I don't believe in man's reprobation. I believe there is a hell and everyone there is a reprobate. I believe ONLY the elect will be in heaven.

I never said there is a contradiction.

My focus is all centered in God's desire and want. The only rough point between us is:
    That God wants all men to be saved because he loves all men.

Often what is appealed to is God's divine freedom. If God says "I can STEAL from who I want" I don't assume he has stolen anything, only that he has that divine liberty.

As far as giving up my religion, I can do that for free. We are taught God gave his son for my sake. I can give up my religion for you in heartbeat. Some might say I trust God too much. As Christ taught I'll give up the 99 for the one.

I'm a firm believer that if you actually believed what you say, you would be no different from a catholic.

See a good religion should be viewed at the same standard of a man. The best kind of man will lay down his life for other men. The best religion lays down its life for another religion.

I still think its cute though, you believe I am doing something wrong putting my salvation as risk and require that I engage in the GOOD WORKS of having to follow the "right" religion.

Since you are already elect, adopted co-heir full authority of Jesus Christ, why not just ask God to stamp my passport?

I might just be a Calvinist for week cause I can follow your rules with such a consistency you would laugh at your own rules.

17. Protestant

Utilyan asks, “If it is God's desire that the Pope goes to hell and the Pope complies then where is the sin?”

Our Roman Catholic Board member purposefully neglects the cause of damnation: unrepentant, unforgiven sin.

Furthermore, repentance is the gift of God to men (2 Timothy 2:25).

It is but one of the many gracious gifts from God necessary for salvation.

God is under no obligation to give such grace to any man.

The Man of Sin depicted in 2 Thess. 2 is a picture of the Pope of Rome.

He is also described as the Scarlet Beast of Revelation 17.

The Holy Spirit has written of the birth, rise, ministry and death of this Man of Sin, this Scarlet Beast.

He claims to rule the worldwide Christian Church in the name of Christ.

He claims the attributes of Christ.

Yet, in truth, He is the Antichrist, posing as His friend and disciple, yet opposing Christ at every turn.

He is the antitype of Judas Iscariot: the traitor of Jesus Christ.

[​IMG]

Here we see the Scarlet Beast lifting up his false god for all his deluded followers to worship.

The Antichrist claims to have created Christ from bread.

However, all Christians understand there is only one Creator, the true God.

Furthermore, there is only one true Christ.

The Pope does not hold the true Christ, for He is seated at the right hand of the Father.

And He will remain there until the day of His visible, one and only return to Earth in Judgment.

Yes, it is true the Pope will soon be entering eternal damnation in compliance to God’s secret eternal will of purpose.

It is also true the Pope has willfully fulfilled the requirements necessary to be identified as the Man of Sin, the Scarlet Beast, and the Antichrist.

This he does by willfully disobeying the Lord’s revealed will: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

18. utilyan

Site Supporter

I asked one simple yes or no question, Any Christian can answer this right away. A coward however trembles at this question.

Evil is forced to coward away because it exposes quite plainly the good desire and good want of God

Every dodge and avoidance is just laughable, your left with attacking character because you hate the truth.

This debate is easy because God has my back. You can't even get past one question. Your children know the answer, they are innocent.

If you are not evil this question is no big deal, its almost self-explanatory obvious answer.

Satan's virtues are deception and accusation. No more deceptions, no more accusations, just answer that simple question.

When a man sins is he doing what God wanted and desired him to do? Yes or No

19. Protestant

The answer to your question is in my post, speaking in clear, precise language.

However, you can neither believe it nor hear it.

Jesus explains why this is so: John 10:26-27.

"Seek the Lord while He may be found."

20. utilyan

Site Supporter

I believe the command of God is his will and desire, You are the one who does not believe.

Yes or no isn't hard. Any Christian can answer this easily. One who needs to distort God's will cannot answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.