1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Adoption

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Barry Johnson, Jun 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Less the future adoption, Romans 8:23.

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a work of the flesh because grace is unconditional. If you make choosing to believe a condition of salvation, you turn the gospel into law and grace in works. And are more than likely not saved.

3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    He gives us a new believing heart so it comes naturally based on that.

4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But salvation was for Israel only. And temple worship was mandatory. If you were saved, that's what you did. If you refused you were not saved.

5. Miss E

Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    FALSE

Faith is NOT a work, and it does not turn the Gospel into salvation by works. Faith is a sacrifice, a sacrifice of yourself to put your faith, your life, everything in JESUS CHRIST.

We only become adopted as God's children after we receive His son through Faith.

I don't disagree that God didn't know who His sons and daughters would be before we chose, but that doesn't mean He made the choice for us!!

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20)

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

And don't give me any of that 'oh he was talking to His chosen there!' BS!!!!

No one comes through the father except through FAITH in Jesus Christ. Amen.

6. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes of course ..I was talking about the baptism by the Holy Spirit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a verse ?

8. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    No your confusing believing 'believing by faith 'and the law .
    27¶Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
    28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Rom 3

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You trash the gospel and turn it into law.

10. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “And the LORD thy God will circumcise thy heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.” Deuteronomy 30:6 (NCPB)

11. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isnt this Israel ?
    5And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
    6And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
    7¶And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
    8And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.
    9And the LORD thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for the LORD will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers:
    10If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

12. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Law of Faith ..is what the bible calls it . your arguing with the bible . Faith is not a work of the law . It's so simple even a child can believe the Gosepl and be saved. isnt that amazing.
    Acts 16 .
    29¶Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
    30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
    31¶And they said " , Well there is nothing you can do .Just see if God will grant you the Gift of repentance and grant you the Gift of faith and Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ , I know it's by Gods granted Faith ( its not your faith ) alone but remember this faith is never alone so you must persevere in good works and holiness, endure to the end to know if you are one of the elect , and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

13. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Gosepl is believe and recieve. Look at what you will add to the simplicity of the Gosepl.

14. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul warns us about moving away from the simplicity of the Gospel . Believe and recieve. Then we are predestined to certain future Glorification ( The adoption ) once we are saved , nothing can separate us . This is good news to say the least .

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    You make it law when believing (receiving) becomes a work of the flesh condition. It makes you the savior at Christ's expense. ANd gives you the glory due only to God.

16. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe and receive is not a work of the flesh. That's where you destroy grace and substitute works. It's whoever believes has eternal life. It's an announcement of a trait those whom God saves all share in common.

17. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you had anything to do with salvation, you have the wrong God.

18. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is not true. Romans 8:29–30 states:

[29] For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. [30] And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. (ESV)​

All of the verbs in this passage, of which there are five (and I have underlined them for you), are in the Aorist tense. In Greek the Aorist talks about things having been done in the past (it presents a "snapshot," not a progression). So, your assertion that "all things happen to the believer immediately upon conversion" does not agree with scripture.

The Archangel

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Barry Johnson

Faith:
    Baptist
    Erm isnt that what I just said . Believe the Gospel and recieve Eternal life .

20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have eternal life, you are alive to believe the gospel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.