1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Atonement of Christ: What did it REALLY Achieve ?7

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Sep 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Furthermore, Paul isnt talking about their eternal Salvation, that they already have based on the fact that Christ gave Himself for them 1 Tim 2:6
    Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Hence these people are already forgiven by the blood, Justified by His Blood, but Paul means that they should be saved by conversion unto belief of the Truth, that Spiritual salvation 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Its Gods will and purpose that all the ransomed of God come into the knowledge of their Salvation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    He finished the Work God gave Him to do ! 5

We looked at the scripture Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

That word pleasure chephets which means:

desire, longing

And so could very well read Isa 53:10 thusly :

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the desire of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

And the word prosper does mean to succeed!

The Desire or the Will of the Lord shall succeed in the Hand of Christ. We looked at that its God's desire that this happens 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

That word will thelō means:

to desire, to wish

So it could read :

4 who desires that all men should be saved and come to [the] knowledge of [the] truth.

Now this desire in the Hand of Christ is suppose to succeed ! He is responsible for its accomplishment ! Look whats said here as to what He is suppose to accomplish for the Father Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

10 The Son of Man came to find lost people and save them.”

But now, If just one whom the Father God desired to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, and it was certainly Christ's mission to lose nothing as depicted from His own Words here Jn 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Then how did the Pleasure, the Desire of the Lord prosper in His Hand ? Simply speaking, it did not ! If God desired all to be saved and yet one was not saved, Christ Lied when He said He finished the Work the Father gave Him to do Jn 17:4 there is no way to escape this crucial conclusion! 28

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question here :

Is it possible for sinners that Christ died for, for their sins to be forgiven by God while they're in a unbelieving and rebellious state, much like as Paul was as saul persecuting the Church ? Yes or No ?

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Redeem us from unbelief/iniquity !

Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

If Christ died for anyone who doesnt eventually in this life, believe in Him, come to Live by Faith as it is written Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And if one for whom He died to redeem ends up as one of these Jn 8:24, dying in their sins in unbelief, then that means His Blood and or Redeeming Death failed the purpose of God to redeem them from all iniquity as Per Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

14 He gave himself for us in order to rescue us from every kind of lawless behavior, and cleanse a special people for himself who are eager to do good actions.CEB

14 He gave himself for us. He died to free us from all evil. He died to make us pure—people who belong only to him and who always want to do good.ERV

For he gave himself for us all, that he might rescue us from all our evil ways and make for himself a people of his own, clean and pure, with our hearts set upon living a life that is good.

Yes, His Death was for that Purpose, for the producing the results of " redeeming us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Now if just one for whom He died comes short of His death producing that result for them, the Redemption in His Blood has failed the Purpose of God for it, and whosoever teaches that one for whom Christ died, can yet die in their sins and unbelief as Per Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.,

They are teaching willfully that Christ's Death was a failure, which makes them the servant of antichrist, teaching something that is against the success and purpose of Christ's Death for all whom He died ! 28

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word of God said no such thing regarding the atonement.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

8. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Paul was lost and in an unbelieving and rebellious state
    when he was Saul persecuting the Church.

JESUS CAME TO SEEK AND TO SAVE THAT WHICH WAS LOST. (Sorrycaps)

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you believe Pauls sins werent forgiven while he was unbelieving and persecuting the church ?

10. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course not.

Saul was an unforgiven sinner in need of a Savior.

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the fact that Christ died for him alone wasnt enough for his sins to be forgiven ?

12. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation and the forgiveness of sins take place in TIME.

Although an Elect sinner, prior to his CONVERSION, Saul was a child of wrath.

"Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others." Ephesians 2:3

13. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This was Saul:
    2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you shall think that he offereth service unto God. Jn 16

Think on this:
    4...Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
    5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? .... Acts 9.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    15 But when it was the good pleasure of God, who separated me, even from my mother`s womb, and called me through his grace,
    16 to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the Gentiles; straightway I conferred not with flesh and blood: Gal 1

The road to Damascus was certainly WHEN God did the revealing of 'Christ in Saul'. Saul was regenerate, born from above BEFORE being struck down.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the death of Christ alone for Paul was not enough to justify him before God and give him forgiveness of sins.

16. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Saul did not have forgiveness of his sins, as a lost soul.

What are you getting at, if anything?

Hardshells?

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Redeem us from unbelief/iniquity ! 2

Now Christ's Death, the giving of Himself for all whom He gave Himself for, His Church Titus 2:14

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

So the Us in Titus 2:14 is the Church of Eph 5:25 !

This giving of Himself was for the specific of redeeming them from all iniquity !

Now lets establish that this was indeed the Purpose of it, contained in the words of phrase "that he might redeem us from all iniquity"

This phrase is subjunctive that begins with the conjunction Hina, which means:

in order that, so that.

hína (a subordinating conjunction) – for the purpose that (in order that), looking to the aim (intended result) of the verbal idea.

a prim. conjunction denoting purpose, definition or result

The word denotes purpose in the greek, so that the purpose should be fulfilled, for instance Matt 1:22

22 Now all this was done, that/hina it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

Matt 2:15

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that[hina] it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

Hence, Christ gave Himself for all those He gave Himself for, that it might be fulfilled, that they are redeemed from all iniquity, and purified unto a peculiar people, zealous of good works !

The word purify in Titus 2:14 is the same greek word used in Acts 15:9

And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

This shows, gives evidence to the fact that Faith is in the intended result of Christ's redeeming death, its not from man !

So His death is responsible in the Purpose of God to bring about these results #1 Redemption from all iniquity, #2 and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The word peculiar periousios means:

I.that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A.a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession 28

Attached Files:

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just confirming that you dont believe that the death of Christ alone brings forgiveness of sins for them it was shed for Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

You evidently must believe the person must do something first b4 the blood of Christ which was shed for them, gives them forgiveness of sins.

So tell me what is it they must first do to be forgiven of their sins ?

19. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you realize you are going in a completely wrong direction from even the highest, most deterministic Calvinists when you assert this. Remember, our problem is with our wills. Supernatural work done upon us will be done upon our wills - and then we respond. It is completely correct to appeal to our wills in preaching like the Bible does. That's why we are to strive to enter in at the strait gate and to improve diligently every ray of light we are given. What you are proposing here is not normal Calvinism.

20. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
    Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood,
    ye have no life in you." John 6:53

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.