1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Atonement of Christ: What did it REALLY Achieve ? 9

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Brightfame52, Sep 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Healing oft times denotes forgiveness of sins, for instance Ps 41:4; 103:3; and cp Eph 1:7, which coincides with Justification by His Blood Rom 3:24. 55

2. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Condemnation !

Its an contradiction to say that any for whom Christ died are already condemned as Per Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

The reason why is simple according to Gospel principles, because condemnation and sin are conjoined, so in order for one to be condemned, their sins must be still charged upon them, and that cannot be the case with people Christ died for since their sins had been charged to Him, that's why He died 1 Cor 15:3. So its a great contradiction to say Christ died for ones sins, and they still be condemned, even if they are in unbelief, which is one of the sins Christ died for !

3. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Condemnation !2

Those Christ died for cannot possibly be under condemnation while unbelievers, because as unbelievers /enemies, by His death they were reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies/unbelievers, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

That reconciliation cannot have taken place if we are under Gods condemnation as some are Jn 3:18

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Thats not applicable to unbelievers which Christ died for, no way ! 56

4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    It redeemed us to God !

Another Great Blessing that the Death of Christ accomplished for everyone He died for, His Elect Sheep and Church, it redeemed us to God ! Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Yes, His being slain alone redeemed them to God by His Blood, that plus nothing else ! That is why by His Death/Blood alone we were reconciled to God Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

This is denied by the antichrist crowd, which would tell us that which denotes that men are merely redeemable or reconcilable by Christs Death/Blood, which is a false gospel !

5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !

1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This is how we know that Christ's death was not for all mankind without exception, though it was for men without distinction. Every sinner Christ died for, from it, they are # 1. Washed this is the greek word apolouó and it means:

I wash off, mid: I wash away (my sins, in baptism).

(from 575 /apó, "away from" and 3068 /loúō, "wash") – properly, wash away. This strengthened form of 3068 /loúō ("to wash") refers to an entire washing – the complete removal of sin and its debt.

It entails that every last one of them have been washed of their sins and sin debt before a Holy God. Its like when David said Ps 103:12

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

to have washed away their sins, i. e. to have been cleansed from their sins. Its what the writer of Hebrews means here Heb 1:3

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

See, when Christ died for the sins of the elect, He purged their sins. That word purge katharismos also means:

a cleansing from the guilt of sins

They can never be guilty of their sins before God, lest Christ's death lost its power with God ! Also look at Rev 1:5

who by suffering the bloody death of a vicarious sacrifice cleansed us from the guilt of our sins, Revelation 1:5 !

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

When did He Love us and wash away our sins ? Was it when we became believers ? No, He Loved us from the foundation of the world, and He washed away our sins when Christ died, shed His Blood !

This He did for every sinner He died for ! They are not guilty of any sins before God ! 56

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !2

Blessing #2 Sanctified ! Not only was every sinner Christ died for washed, but they were also Sanctified ! The word sanctified here in 1 Cor 6:11 is the greek word hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify,hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify

His Death alone makes them Holy and sets them apart, separates them from the world,makes them sacred before God, because of Christ's Blood.

Its the same word and meaning the inspired writer of Hebrews uses here Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Yes, this is the same thing stated in 1 Cor 6:11, being sanctified by the death of Christ !

Once again Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Notice how He sanctified the people, with His own Blood ! John Gill writes on this verse:

that he might sanctify the people with his own blood: by "the people" are meant the people who are the objects of divine love and favour; a chosen and covenant people; a distinct and peculiar people; Christ's own special people, by the gift of his Father to him: and the sanctification of them does not design the internal sanctification of them, though this is from Christ, and in consequence of his blood; nor does it so much regard the cleansing of the filth of sin, though Christ's blood sanctifies, in this sense; but rather the expiation of the guilt of sin, which Christ has fully took away; complete pardon being procured, and a perfect righteousness brought in:

Every sinner Christ died for, when they come into the world as enemies Rom 5:10, they have already been washed, sanctified by Christ's death ! This of course doesnt apply to all mankind without exception, the scripture doesnt support such a false hood !

7. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !3

Blessing # 3, those Christ died for, by His death alone they have been Justified 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

That word Justified is the greek word dikaioō an means :

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
    2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
    3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Its the verb form of the adjective dikaios which Paul uses in Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous/Justified.

And this being made righteous came as a direct result of the Obedience of Christ, His Person and Work.

Thats why Paul says in 1 Cor 6:11, these things happened in the name of the Lord Jesus, because they happened through His Person and Work for them ! 56

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Peter 2:1, ". . . But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. . . ."
    Who is identified in Jude 1:4, ". . . the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. . . ."

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ive explained those verses to you before... [snip]

#49 Brightfame52, Oct 24, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2023
  10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !4

Now as we see in 1 Cor 6:11, there's listed 4 Blessings that flow from the death of Christ alone :

We looked at being washed, sanctified, and justified, but the 4th blessing is that of Justification, washing, Sanctification by the Spirit of Our God. In other words, those Christ died for will receive the Gift of the Spirit, for its an redemptive Gift for all whom Christ died for and redeemed by His Blood, Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we[the redeemed] might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Paul states it again in Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we[the redeemed] might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The Spirit after its sent into our hearts, so fulfilling the New Covenant Promise Ezk 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice the New Heart is given in Vs 26, then the Spirit is given within it, so states Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The Holy Spirit indwells the New Heart, not the old stony heart of nature, its taken away Ez 36:26

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

The stony heart of the flesh is the heart you and i have by nature towards God ! But alas, the Blessings of Christ's death remedies that problem !

There's not one sinner Christ died for that has not been given #1 Washing, #2sanctification, #3Justification, and #4the Spirit of God 56

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where? What post#?What did you explain?

12. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure, you should've paid attention, plus others have taken time with you on that ... [snipped]

#52 Brightfame52, Oct 25, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2023
  13. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    MOD NOTE: I am not the moderator who edited your reply, the one who did beat me to it.

I am sick of you telling people that they are in a state of unbelief [ergo, going to hell] merely because they don't share your opinion. Get a LIFE beyond the internet if this is all you can do. It is NOT Christ-like and it serves no purpose other than unGodly bitterness and hatred.

This is your final warning on this and I am not playing around.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !2

Blessing #2 Sanctified ! Not only was every sinner Christ died for washed, but they were also Sanctified ! The word sanctified here in 1 Cor 6:11 is the greek word hagiazó: to make holy, consecrate, sanctify,hagiázō (from 40 /hágios, "holy") – to regard as special (sacred), i.e. holy ("set apart"), sanctify

His Death alone makes them Holy and sets them apart, separates them from the world,makes them sacred before God, because of Christ's Blood.

Its the same word and meaning the inspired writer of Hebrews uses here Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. Yes, this is the same thing stated in 1 Cor 6:11, being sanctified by the death of Christ !

Once again Heb 13:12

12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Notice how He sanctified the people, with His own Blood ! John Gill writes on this verse:

that he might sanctify the people with his own blood: by "the people" are meant the people who are the objects of divine love and favour; a chosen and covenant people; a distinct and peculiar people; Christ's own special people, by the gift of his Father to him: and the sanctification of them does not design the internal sanctification of them, though this is from Christ, and in consequence of his blood; nor does it so much regard the cleansing of the filth of sin, though Christ's blood sanctifies, in this sense; but rather the expiation of the guilt of sin, which Christ has fully took away; complete pardon being procured, and a perfect righteousness brought in:

Every sinner Christ died for, when they come into the world as enemies Rom 5:10, they have already been washed, sanctified by Christ's death ! This of course doesnt apply to all mankind without exception, the scripture doesnt support such a false hood ! 56

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 5:10, ". . . he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. . . ."

1 John 2:2, ". . . And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. . . ."

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !3

Blessing # 3, those Christ died for, by His death alone they have been Justified 1 Cor 6:11

That word Justified is the greek word dikaioō an means :

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
    2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered
    3. to declare, pronounce, one to be just, righteous, or such as he ought to be

Its the verb form of the adjective dikaios which Paul uses in Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous/Justified.

And this being made righteous came as a direct result of the Obedience of Christ, His Person and Work.

Thats why Paul says in 1 Cor 6:11, these things happened in the name of the Lord Jesus, because they happened through His Person and Work for them !

17. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four blessings of the death of Christ !4

Now as we see in 1 Cor 6:11, there's listed 4 Blessings that flow from the death of Christ alone :

We looked at being washed, sanctified, and justified, but the 4th blessing is that of Justification, washing, Sanctification by the Spirit of Our God. In other words, those Christ died for will receive the Gift of the Spirit, for its an redemptive Gift for all whom Christ died for and redeemed by His Blood, Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we[the redeemed] might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Paul states it again in Gal 4:4-6

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we[the redeemed] might receive the adoption of sons.

The Spirit after its sent into our hearts, so fulfilling the New Covenant Promise Ezk 36:25-27

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Notice the New Heart is given in Vs 26, then the Spirit is given within it, so states Gal 4:6

The Holy Spirit indwells the New Heart, not the old stony heart of nature, its taken away Ez 36:26

The stony heart of the flesh is the heart you and i have by nature towards God ! But alas, the Blessings of Christ's death remedies that problem !

Theres not one sinner Christ died for that has not been given #1 Washing, #2sanctification, #3Justification, and #4the Spirit of God 56

18. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The accomplishments of Christ death !

The death of Christ accomplished the full salvation of all for whom He died. His Covenantal Death provides all things so that they He died for are converted to God by Him Rom 8:32

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

Now what are some of the all things He gives them He was delivered up for ?

He gives them Justification ! Rom 4:25

Who was delivered for[because of] our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

Thats right folks, those Christ died for, was delivered up for, gave them Justification. If it didnt, He would not have been raised again, and they He was delivered for would still be in their sins, charged against them. But His resurrection proves that He and they were Justified before God. The same Truth is in Rom 5:18

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men [that He was delivered up for Rom 4:25;8:32] unto justification of life.

So everyone Christ died for, provided with Him, was their Justification to life ! Everyone born into the world as sinners and ungodly enemies, that Christ was delivered for, are born Justified regardless, by the righteousness of one !

19. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The accomplishments of Christ death !2

He gives them Sanctification ! Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The writer here says that the believers were sanctified through, by means of, on account of, the offering body of Christ, which simply means His death. Permanent Sanctification is effected for every sinner Christ died for. That means they are born already having been set apart for the Holy Service of God, even though they are as others , born sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3, they still have been sanctified by the death of Christ. Its like Jeremiah, He was sanctified by the purpose of God to be a prophet, before He was born Jer 1:5

Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

However that didnt prevent him from being born like all sinners by nature Eph 2:1-3

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Paul said he was like that when born a sinner, does he not apply Eph 2:3 to himself, for he uses the pronoun WE ? Yet instill he knows that he was set apart from his mothers womb Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

The word separated here means:

1. to appoint, set apart for some purpose

And so it is with every sinner Christ died for, His death sanctified them to the holy purpose of God, regardless of what they are by nature ! 57

20. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The accomplishments of Christ death !3

It gives the both Faith and Repentance, Jesus as a Saviour gives Repentance Acts 5:31

Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Israel here is His Chosen People from amongst all peoples and ethnicities. Thats why its stated that He has granted repentance to the gentiles Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Then also it provides or gives Faith by Christ being a Saviour 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

These things are accomplishments through the Work of Christ for all whom He died ! Else He wasn't their Saviour !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.