1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Baptism with the Holy Ghost

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Darrell C, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And my point, which again you ignored, is that when Peter spoke to the Jews about Gentile Inclusion...tongues is not mentioned.

What that means, Yeshua1, is that tongues are irrelevant to the actual salvation which took place, and we see that salvation takes place...

...when men are Baptized with the Holy Ghost.

This is the process through which God places the believer in Himself, and that is the same as being indwelt. You don't have the one without the other. Or more properly, you don't have the One without the Other, lol.

I have heard evidence that He does. I haven't seen it, though, so I remain open to the possibility that these accounts are genuine.

This is true, but, irrelevant to the OP.

Again, I agree, but again, irrelevant to the OP, which is a far more important topic to understand than the gift of tongues, which, if it is still in use (such as in Missionary efforts), is random from the accounts I have heard of.

Secondly, we would not view God doing this miracle as a giving of the gift, because the giving of the gift would have the individual doing it more than once, and those I have heard about have only ever spoken of one account of this happening.

God bless.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The purpose for the Gentiles and Samaritans speaking in tongues were to confirm to the Jewish believers that Jesus was Lord for those 2 groups also, period...

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Yeshua1, the purpose for the gift of tongues was to convey the Gospel.

Gentiles received all of the gifts, just as Jews did. Tongues stands out because it is the gift used by the disciples to...

...preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

God bless.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The tongues were the evidence to the Apostles that Jesus had saved them just as much as he had them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.