The best cure for hangover

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Dale-c Active Member

My point exactly, the same law applies to all.

In this case, only kiss you OWN wife.
    That is what the point is.
    There isn't one set of rules for you and another for me.
    it is the same for both of us.

We both kiss only our own wives....I think I will go do that right now.

2. Joe New Member

Did you mean to insert my name here? It looks like an error. I haven't commented since the second page and this is the 6th page, so I was done a long while ago And I have many more posts than that.

3. D28guy New Member

Wow.

I'm in the 2000 posts club, and I thought that was pretty good....but there are some real heavyweights here!

Mike

4. Sopranette New Member

Okay, KJVkid. Listen up, now. This may take awhile...(cracking knuckles)

Proverbs Chapter 1, verse 5
    A wise man will hear, and will increase learning: and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

chapter 2 verse 10
    When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul;
    Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:

verse 20
    That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the path of the rightous.

chapter 3 verse 3
    Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the tablet of thine heart:

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
    Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

30 Strive not with a man without cause, if he hath done thee no harm.

chapter 4verse 7
    Wisdom is the principal thing, therfore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

part two coming (maybe)...time for bed.... :sleeping_2:

love,

Sopranette

5. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If I give you a dollar...can you buy a clue?

6. Dale-c Active Member

I am still waiting on all of these scriptures that are supposed to be so clear.

7. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would like to add to the discussion that hangovers occur even when one is not drunk. It's a result of the ethanol dehydrating the body, and if dehydrated, the headache, dry mouth, etc. occur. Hangovers are avoided by being well hydrated prior to consuming alcohol.

8. EdSutton New Member

Sorry! My fault, entirely!

The "Joe" was intended to be an anonymous "Joe Blow", and certainly not the BB member with 1400+ posts.

And my 'admoniton' was directed at a new poster, who was taking some to task, on his first day of posts. I thought the 'attacks' of that new person was a bit "over the top", hence the admonition.

Again, my apologies for not making up a better name.

Ed

9. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT IN THE HELL are you talking about?

10. Joe New Member

There is a better name than Joe? :D

No problem Brother, thanks. That's what I suspected.

11. KJVkid New Member

1Co 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order. In the book of Numbers God told Moses and Aaron to number the people. Reason, 1. to build an army, 2. to find out who they are. It was important to know that they were "pure" Jews. They had to "declare their pedigrees". EVERY individual is important to God. In Numbers ch.2, we read of the order of the arragement of the camp. All through Gods Word a little bit of study will show us that God does everything in order.
    Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, for another example. BOT when it comes to drinking alcohol some of you think God throws all that out the window. But that is not so. God NEVER makes light of sin, yet some of you do by the use of un-christian language and inferences.
    A simple Bible study of "the law of first mention" shows us that God judged Noah in Ge.9 for drinking wine.
    God tells us in Pro 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.
    Yet some of you think the Son of God made alcohol in John 2. A sincere Bible study will prove differently.
    The bottom line is do we strive to serve Christ with all our heart. If so, if something is questionable lean to the right.
    Every studied Baptist preacher will tell you God does no condone drinking.
    Every one of us will stand before Christ. If you want to take a chance of standing before the sinnless Son of God with the smell of alcohol on your breath........it's your loss of rewards, if it's at the Judgement Seat of Christ.

12. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Since a "Bible study" proves different...try studying the passover in detail, and the need to have the home, bread and wine absent of any yeast, and the symbolism behind that. While you are at it, study how wine is made...when grapes are harvested...and when the passover is held...and try to explain away using your flawed logic how someone can keep grape juice from fermenting with no refrigeration for around 6 months.

Also please tell us why the requirements for an elder include not too much wine. What danger is there in drinking too much grape juice...the runs?

What kind of grape juice will the Lord of Hosts be serving in Isaiah 25:6? The finest well aged grape juice? You know what happens when grape juice is "aged"...it FERMENTS!

13. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    I have grape juice that is six months old that is not fermented.

In ancient times, grape juice (wine) was put in bottles, sealed with pitch and sunk in cold water as one of the means of preservation.

Josephus records wines over a hundred years old as fresh as the day they were stored in Herod's fortress at Masada.

Fermentation process can be prevented. My wife and I know this for a fact as we have proven it here in Mississippi.

14. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Same old arguments. I guarantee your "juice" is not free of alcohol. Have you sent a sample to a lab? If not, you cannot state emphatically it is alcohol free. Even non alcoholic wine has some alcohol content.

The ancients would not go through such means to save something that does not taste that good to begin with. The best "wine" is not the finest, well aged preserved grape juice stored undergound for 100 years (I don't believe that, either...urband legend)

15. Dale-c Active Member

KJVKid, thanks for the response and I hope we can have a good honest discussion here.
    I agree so here we go:
    It is true that God never makes light of sin. But there was nothing to throw out the window with wine.

I will get to your other statements later but I have to leave now.
    God bless your study!

16. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Jesus did not create well aged wine at the wedding feast in Cana. Nor will He drink well aged wine in God's Kingdom. He said it would be New Wine. New wine is not fermented.

17. Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    the problem with the "new wine" argument is that in Acts 2, the disciples were accused of being drunk with "new wine" If new wine has no alcohol, how could they have been drunk?

18. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Those who knew the Apostles knew they only drank new wine which was not alcoholic in content.

When they saw the strange goings on that day, they began mocking the Apostles, saying they were drunk with the wine they thought was not alcoholic. IOW, they were saying the new wine had alcohol in it.

But Peter refuted their accusations. "These men are not drunk as ye suppose..."

No, the new wine is not alcoholic in content... not in the least.

19. Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's lots of reasons not to drink... but you are reading much into that passage that just isn't there...

20. Dale-c Active Member

So you say.
    Quit adding to the Bible.
    It never says that anywhere.