The Bible says a lot of things

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Matt Janes, Apr 27, 2018.

1. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They could fall into either camp. Because he is not talking about acknowledgement of his existence, but the belief of his teachings.

John 3

36“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

2. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeah its the guy who gets the keys.

Pope and Vicar are sweet titles. Pope just means father. Rose by any other name is still a Rose.

The guy who gets the keys = the guy who gets the keys.

Matthew 16

19“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.”

Will it help if we re-title it "guy who gets the keys"?

According to scripture SOMEONE in his church has the keys. We got the keys.

Notice he didn't write down the keys. Its a person.

3. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then by proclaiming the gospel you save a few and condemn far more.

4. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And then in verse 23 what did he call this guy who got the keys?

5. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One salutes the office, not the man

6. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"You totally cut the Lord Jesus Christ out of your definition of love."

Your definition of love is a joke according to the scriptures. Even now you are just seeking to undermine for the sake of bigotry.

Paul is pretty clear defining love 1 Corinthians 13, it surpasses requirements of ALL FAITH, GNOSTIC understanding.

Anyone who rejects Jesus will is probably on their way to hell.

What entails Rejection of Jesus is defined by Jesus not by you.

Your minimum requirement won't cut it. Its not acknowledgment of his existence or just someone who succumbs to terrorism of going to hell for not faking a belief.

Matthew 7

21“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22“Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

What is the perfect example Jesus gives as a believer? --> GOOD SAMARITAN

Salvation is not based on a Religious BRAND NAME. Its not about who is BRANDED and MARKED correctly.

John 14
    15“If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

This means everything to a believer. Salvation is not primary, Reward is not primary and Consequences is not primary, God is primary.

1 John 4

20If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

The capacity to love God only comes after loving your neighbor. If you don't love your brother, You CANNOT LOVE GOD. I underlined this above for you.

Plenty of folks would claim the BACKWARDS and not have the scripture for it.

Matthew 8

5And when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, 6and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented.” 7Jesus said to him, “I will come and heal him.” 8But the centurion said, “Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9“For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, ‘Go!’ and he goes, and to another, ‘Come!’ and he comes, and to my slave, ‘Do this!’ and he does it.10Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. 11“I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” 13And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed that very moment.

The best compliment of faith goes to active duty Centurion. At this time. Romans are Pagans there are no Jewish Centurions. And they have to follow their Pagan rules to be a Centurion probably even worship of Caesar.

10Now when Jesus heard this, He marveled and said to those who were following, “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. 11“I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; 12but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Here Jesus talks about many outsider coming in and many insiders getting kicked out. You never see Jesus dish someone for a different religion.

Here comes another pagan on behalf of another pagan her daughter demon possessed. The daughter ain't around.

Matthew 15

21Jesus went away from there, and withdrew into the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22And a Canaanite woman from that region came out and began to cry out, saying, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is cruelly demon-possessed.” 23But He did not answer her a word. And His disciples came and implored Him, saying, “Send her away, because she keeps shouting at us.” 24But He answered and said, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25But she came and began to bow down before Him, saying, “Lord, help me!” 26And He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.” 27But she said, “Yes, Lord; but even the dogs feed on the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.” 28Then Jesus said to her, “O woman, your faith is great; it shall be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed at once.

Bigot-Jesus would have never helped those pagans and he would never present a Samaritan as the exemplar of following the commandments of God.

7. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Anytime I see the Pope on TV the people are worshiping him and kissing his hands and feet. Even weeping bc they got a glimpse of him. So this is saluting the office not the man?

8. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He called they guy who got the keys, Satan.

Does that mean he doesn't have the keys?

9. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful! Now who is this God? Jesus maybe? Whom many Muslims and Jews who love their neighbors despise Him for Him revealing His rightful title as Lord and God?

10. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well when a debate degrades to misrepresentations and cheap shots it lets us know we won.

See we believe the BIBLE and we should not add FAKE RULES to the scriptures.

We believe scripture is GOD BREATHED and TRUE

2 Timothy 3
    16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

We believe it is PROFITABLE for teaching and correction and training people. It is an excellent tool .

.People who are not believers of the bible will add UNBIBLICAL FAKE RULES.

I've shown scripture pointing how Jesus delegates authority to MEN to the CHURCH.

You guys swear to God there is a bible verse that plainly claims the bible is Final and only authority concerning Christianity

Now you guys are getting an easy Job.

Show us the scripture that clearly and plainly states this.

You challenge us.....we give you scripture.

We challenge you......show us scripture.

11. Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so Satan has the keys?

12. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me".

So explain how these who do not love the Lord Jesus Christ are obeying the Father?

13. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Muslims love Jesus. Jews love Jesus too.

You ask a Muslim at every mention of Jesus they say like peace be upon him.

They don't believe Jesus is God because according to their scriptures Jesus says "I'm not God".

Me you and them. We believe 3 different Jesus.

Theirs is a prophet, who will return in end times.

I get the impression yours is a cold blooded bigot who is going to damn anyone who is not in his faith.

From what you say, I'm convinced he is flat out evil. Your Jesus makes my Satan look like a kitten in terms of evil.

I really liked to be corrected and told I am wrong about that.

IN your mind he might be good. I'd like an explanation.

My Jesus is Kindness and Love, PERFECT mercy, REAL JUSTICE. Does he come across as too soft?

14. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is Peter Satan?

15. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then explain....

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

16. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," Do you believe there are several faiths legitimate before God??

17. steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Who are these enemies?

18. atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is only a problem if anyone actually does "live a good life" by following Luke 10:27 written on our conscience. I've never met anyone who honestly seemed to be trying. The secular humanists would have you 'love your neighbor' (except Donald Trump :) ) and 'hate God'. That is an epic fail of God's most basic rules.

However, feel free to enlighten me on the correct understanding of Romans 2. I am always willing to listen and consider different views.

19. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Pride, hatred, revenge, fear, ignorance. All your enemies are inside.

Romans 12

21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

20. Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think that creation is capable of drawing people to God by His Spirit but that that is not normative