The Bridge Tract

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Feb 12, 2017.

1. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Likewise I am playing around comparing my critics to Gremlins. You think I believe in Gremlins? If so you are more naive than I thought.

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Cor. 15 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, [2] by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. [3] For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, [4] and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, [5] and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

No resurrection, no gospel.

3. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the tract please

4. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Believe in? It never crossed my mind--or anyone else's, for that matter-- that you might believe in gremlins. It's been quite obvious that you were using the reference to analogize people to annoying, destructive creatures--thus, making the reference derogatory, and a very good reason why the mods keep deleting it.

"Playing around" by referencing people as destructive monsters...well, let's just ask the question: would it be okay for all of them to do the same to you? If yes, then please let everyone know, so the "attacks" can really begin in earnest. But if not, if you wouldn't like people calling you a gremlin when they don't like what you say--perhaps you can explain why it's okay for you to do it?

5. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did, but I did not see the resurrection explained. Quote what it say of the resurrection, please.

6. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cross is mentioned but the resurrection perhaps not but I need to read it again.

7. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They also sang Christmas carols, drank beer, and watched Snow White! He he

8. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe a rabbit is a better word.

9. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me know, I may have just missed it. But if not then what was communicated was short of the gospel message.

10. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The tract is well illustrated but it is short on text. No tract is perfect in fact no gospel presentation is perfect. But you are right I should look more closely at my tracts for this essential doctrine.

11. Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever word you choose--it's your intention that defines it. It's still obvious that you're being derogatory.

So--you still gonna continue the grade school insults? Or will you show some real maturity and stop responding in a way that encourages people to antagonize you?

12. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm... let me think.

13. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is "P" and what is "O"

what is the difference?

14. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preferred vs Only. I am preferred but not only.

15. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jon C looked at the tract again and it misses the resurrection. No tract is perfect I will say. Even MacArthurs tract misses this vital doctrine.

However John Pipers "Quest for Joy" does not and is perhaps the best of tracts in my collection.

16. John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A missionary to Japan once witnessed to a young Japanese lady without mentioning the resurrection of Christ. She replied, "Why should I pray to another dead person?" You see, religion in Japan, whatever its form, involves worshiping ancestors--dead people. In many other religions around the world, the resurrection is crucial to set Christ apart from and above those religions.

The resurrection of Christ is a huge part of the Gospel, and I do not hand out any tracts that omit it. The tract in my pocket right now ("Something to Smile About") says, "His resurrection assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus Christ is received as his/her personal Savior." (Order at www.lighthousepublications.org.)

17. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The MacArthur tract does not have it but does emphasize lordship salvation and repentance. Other tracts may have it but they preach easy believism. As I said no tract is perfect.

18. InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can anyone say a tract that leaves out the resurrection is "best"? It's impossible.

19. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is so obvious - I dont know, why I didnt realize that. (Maybe I am working too hard)

20. evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I was ONLY I would not stock tracts that were not law based, nor would I sometimes not use the law in my witnessing.