1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The calvinist system tries to reconcile things that cannot be reconciled in this worl

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Revmitchell, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well bub, I have news for ya, not everyone is an Arminian and not everyone who is not a calvinist is an Arminian.

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Yea bub, i've read these post by some on the BB board how they are one pointers and three pointers or whatever and that don't make a lot of since to me. As far as i'm concerned there's not but two ways to believe, it's either grace and nothing but grace or works. If it's by grace it is no more works otherwise grace is no more grace. But if be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work, Rom 11:6.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is a prime example of the anger and hostility that comes from Calvinism and why so often there can be no real discussions with them. You might try reading this:

http://www.joethorn.net/2011/09/14/angry-calvinists/

#23 Revmitchell, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I laughed this morning when i read this post. I'm certainly not angry or hostile toward anyone. :wavey:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would consider that an unfair apprasial of his statement. I think you yourself see anger & hostility at every corner. Your own little digs can be seen as passive/aggressive if ya want to go down that psycho babble...which I don't. In the final analysis brother, if we claim the blood of Jesus, we all must deeply examine ourselves for...well you know...none of us are exempt.

Gods blessings

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes, for in their view, God has made provision thru the Cross to be able to potentially save all men, as jesus paid the sin debt for all sinners, and God grants all means to get saved, but waits upon us to respond rightly in order to get saved, and once he sees us doing that right reply to his grace offering, then he puts us in Book of life, elects us etc!

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you mean the view that weare not in original sin, and that we can freely chose jesus due to being only 'wounded/hurt" by the fall?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not my view.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is widely believed and accepted that the new young calvinists are most often angry and hostile to opposing views. Not just on this board. Piper has addressed it, Mohler has addressed it and many others. It is very common. Suggesting that one is either calvinist or amrinian is not only ignorant but just a means to maintain boundaries with which to make it easier to attack opposing view. However, it is not realistic.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is not realistic?

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To place every Christian in the calvinsit or arminian label.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK.... understood. I would prefer other categorization (but even these are flawed )

13. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And because they are so flawed I would prefer that folks just ask me specifically about a doctrine rather than setting a false label on me. But Calvinists have divided themselves from everyone else so now they cannot function without labels.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really.....how is that so?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, its due to the fact that calvinists can all point to a cental core doctrine/beliefs that tie us together, the Doctrine of grace, but hard to have non cals explain just what theology they hold to, as all over the map!

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again you see it this way because you lump all non cals together. Your error not ours. And your post is a prime example of how calvinists have divided themselves from everyone else.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev,,,, He is barely a freshman in DoG Theology....this is why he asks so many questions & there isnt anything wrong with that. You want some serious discussions with Calvinists, I will give you some web sites & you can tell them what you accuse little "Y" of.

Seriously, he isn't even really reformed....he comes from a charismatic background & is Dispensational (not Covenant Theology & a Paedo Baptist) so quit using him to justify your own bias against "Calvinists"

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its my experience with calvinists. And again it is a widely known problem. as I said even Piper and Mohler have addressed the issue. So it is not a bias.

But what I am against more than anything is the behavior of many calvinists. This thread is a prime example.

And by the way there are many calvinists who are dispensationalists. In fact there are a whole lot of them.

And lumping all non cals together is quite common among cals. Hence the false idea that if you are not a calvinist then you have to be an arminian.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom AScol dealt with this as well:

http://blog.founders.org/2012/07/killing-calvinism.html

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then what is your theological system to understand the salvation of God?

IF not cal/Arm, than what is it, for that goes back to non cal, for it seems many proclaim against calvinism without really having their own system!