1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Catholic Church Is Not Entirely False And Does Worship The Biblical And Historical Jesus As God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by John Yurich, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Yurich

John Yurich Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I make jokes about any subject matter. That is the kind of humor and personality that I have.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Jesus Himself Yahweh?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus stated that all who received Him thru faith/belief are now saved, and John stated that he wrote the Gospel to assure us that by believing in Him, have eternal life! Note, no working in there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Congratulations. You are now equal with a demon:

Jas_2:19 You believe that Elohim is one. You do well. The demons also believe – and shudder! ​

What makes you any better than they?

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You deny the Gospel, is Jesus God to you?

6. Jason1

Jason1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Are you saying demons are saved if they believe?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is Jesus God?

8. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No offense taken...

9. saved by grace

Site Supporter

You are mistaken to believe that salvation is achieved through the Lord's Supper in the Catholic Church. Salvation is received through Grace and Grace alone. What Catholics believe is that the Grace that saves is received in the Lord's Supper or more properly called the Eucharist. Saving Grace is also received in the Sacrament of Baptism, Confirmation, Confession and the Last Rites. Sacraments in the Catholic Church are considered works of God not works of men. Luther also believed the sacraments were works of God.
    The difference between Catholics and Protestants is in their definition of Grace and what Grace does.

• Like Like x 1
  10. saved by grace

Site Supporter

Catholics do not believe in a works-based system. If they did they wouldn't baptism infants who are saved the instant the words of Christ are said.
    They also don't believe in a man-centered salvation. Please quote from the Catechism if that is what you are claiming.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The big difference is that we hold to justification being done by God moment Jesus is received thru faith, while RCC holds that God cannot declare a sinner right until they actually are right enough, by having enough of the sacranetal grace!

12. saved by grace

Site Supporter

What is your definition of Grace?

13. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    unmerited favor...and I'm not the one who defines it

14. saved by grace

Site Supporter

Not exactly true. Catholics believe a person is saved the instant they are baptized because of the words of Christ in John 3:5 and Paul's words in Titus 3:5 describing baptism as the "washing of regeneration" and Peters words, "baptism now saves you." and Jesus words in Mark 16:16, "He who believes and is baptized will be saved."

Catholics reject that we are "declared" righteous because the Scripture never says that. Romans 5:19 says we are "made" righteous and 2 Cor. 5:21 that we "become" the righteousness of God. Catholics use Scripture to back up their doctrines.

What causes the misunderstanding is that Catholics and Protestants disagree on the meaning of Grace and what Grace does.

15. saved by grace

Site Supporter

Yes, it's unmerited because we can't earn it. It is a free gift but what does "favor" mean? In Scripture the word "favor" is the Greek word for "grace"
    That doesn't explain what it is and what it does.

16. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they do, very much believe in those things. So much that their own Council of Trent declared anyone who believes one can be saved without Catholicism's salvific works to be anathema.

And your works aren't done even once you're dead. According to CCC1475, the purpose of Purgatory is for the sinner to expiate his own sin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. notadoctor

notadoctor New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a Greek scholar, so please explain

18. PrmtvBptst1832

PrmtvBptst1832 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have to disagree that the Roman Catholic Church worships Jesus since they reject his gospel. They have another Jesus, another spirit, and another gospel (2 Co. 11.4).

19. Calv1

Calv1 Active Member

A Bible believing Christian cannot attend Mass, and the teachings of the Roman Church are contrary to scripture, and heretical.

During Mass, they re-crucify Christ, this is what it is, we know Christ was sacrificed once for all time, the Godly for the un-godly, and while in the OT they needed atonement each year, Christ atoned for our sin, ONCE FOR ALL, then sat down at the right hand of the Father as high priest to those being saved.

Most Roman Church members and Protestants don't really know what the Roman Church actually believes, this is how salvation works in RCC. One is baptized, at this time they are perfect, they have attained enough "Merit", pay attention to this word, so that God would be unjust to not allow them into Heaven. Now if they sin, they kill this grace in them, so they go to a Priest (Not our High Priest), but a sinful man, they confess the sin, and if they do certain works, IE saying "Hail Mary" X amount of times, or other works, if they do this, they will gain back MERITS. Why do they pray to Mary or the Saints? They figure that Mary has so many extra merits, as do the saints, that they can do a sort of cosmic monopoly, so Mary passes off X amount of merits, St. Ignatius kicks in Y amounts of Merits, and now you .have so much Merit that God looks at you, thinks "this guy has so much MERIT, I must let him in". I'm sorry I'm sick I have to wrap up, I have one eye closed, but already we have massive heresy.

They never know if they are saved, all go to Purgatory, the great believers maybe a week or month, the average Church or Rome member could be thousands of years to somehow burn off sin (Which of course like everything else un-biblical). It's a big scam, puts man in charge, robs God of Glory. Jesus said two men went to the temple, one a Pharisee,he said "I thank you God that I am not like other men, I fast 3 times a week, I give to the poor, and I'm not like this tax collector, meanwhile a despised tax collector (Tax collectors in those days were despised because they would assess what they wanted, they'd often keep the difference, so not only working for Rome, but enriching themselves), yet this despised sinner wouldn't even raise his head to Heaven and said "God have mercy on me, a sinner", I tell you THIS TAX COLLECTOR WENT TO HIS HOME JUSTIFIED" HEAR THE WORD, JUSTIFIED=Just, right with God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Church of Rome offers no good news, blasphemes Christ, re-crucifies Him weekly, and believe GOD OWES THEM, it's a whore, and Protestants I have news for you, THE REFORMATION IS STILL ON, Sola Fide, Sola Scriptura, Sola Deo Gloria, don't buy this "Oh we're pretty much the same", we even have a different Jesus, our Jesus is a mighty savior who ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED HIS PURPOSE, "All that the Father draw WILL COME, and all who come I will NEVER CAST AWAY". How many times, in how many places, does God have to say we are saved by FAITH ALONE for us to actually believe Him?

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is time for you to stop your lies and misrepresentations about God's Holy Church!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.