The Colors of Christian Cults - Rom. 10:2-4

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Aug 9, 2013.

1. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Deut. 5:15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep [Heb. Asah] the sabbath day.

Psa. 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; [Heb. Asah] we will rejoice and be glad in it.

The Lord has set apart the resurrection day to be observed, kept, as directed by God.

Same hebrew term that demands OBSERVANCE or KEEPING or setting apart of that day as directed by God.

2. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The cut-paste you are trying does not work - because as already noted above.

the Gen 2:1-3 and Ex 20:8-11 says that it is
    1. "sanctified"
    2. "blessed"
    3. AND that it occurs as the 7th day in our 7 day creation week cycle.

No such details can be found in Ps 118.

And we can add from Ex 20:8-11

"Remember the Sabbath day to KEEP it Holy"

He identifies the day as a day in the week - not a day in a century or a single day in the history of the world - but a repeating day of the week.

Specifically "made for mankind" Mark 2:27

To be kept by all mankind "from Sabbath to Sabbath" as "all MANKIND shall come before Me to worship" Is 66:23.

By contrast you have the word "Day" and you have the word "made" - that you try to cut paste into "week day 1 as a Sabbath" for which there is no bible text at all.

in Christ,

Bob

3. The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"sanctified" simply means "set apart" and that is precisely what God is doing in Psalm 118:24 by the words "THIS IS THE DAY the Lord HATH MADE" that is setting it apart by God.

3. "blessed" is exactly what Psalm 118:24 demands by the words "rejoice and be glad IN IT"

4. The first day of the week is being sanctified, blessed and replacing the Jewish Old Covenant Sabbath day as the day the Lord hath "MADE" to be observed by Christians "WE will"

I realize your conscience is so seared by your false doctrine that you will not see and thus cannot see even if the truth is placed right in front of your nose.

However, what you cannot deny is that A DIFFERENT DAY is being set apart by God in Psalms 118:24 to be observed in commemoration of HIS WORK OF RAISING CHRIST FROM THE DEAD as the immediate text and how it is used in the New Testament demands that at minimum.

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are NOT under the OT sabbath day to observe as an obligation, as you can chose to kep it, just as I am free in christ to chose not to observe it as Israel did!

5. Chowmah Member

Well Biblicist

MATT.7 [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?[23] And then will I profess unto them, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

iniquity
    Greek Word: ἀνομία
    Transliteration: anomia
    Phonetic Pronunciation:an-om-ee'-ah
    Root: from <G459>
    Cross Reference: TDNT - 4:1085,646
    Part of Speech: n f
    Vine's Words: Iniquity, LAWLESS, LawlessnessStrong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

JER.16 [19] O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, THE GENTILES shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is NO PROFIT.

Ya see what the scripture says about the gentiles (cults) The Day of the Lord. Gentiles. No profit!

ISAIAH 48 [17] Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I AM THE LORD THY GOD WHICH TEACHETH THEE TO PROFIT, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.[18] O THAT THOU HADST HEARKENED TO MY COMMANDMENTS! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea:

Whose your Redeemer Biblicist? Profit!

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are the cultists today? ALL who deny that we are saved by Grace, thru faith ALONE!

7. Chowmah Member

I don't believe ive heard anyone say otherwise. You are saved by grace thru faith ALONE.

BUT

GALATIANS 3 [23] BUT BEFORE FAITH CAME, WE WERE KEPT UNDER THE LAW, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH. [25] But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. [26] For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. [27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

This scripture says what it says. Before faith came to each and everyone of us, we are under the law (10 commandments). Then the scripture goes on to say the same thing again (in case you missed it the 1st time). We are under the law (our schoolmaster) UNTIL we are justified by faith. Faith is not something that you mysteriously attain attain at birth. So, according to this scripture you are kept under the law of the 10 commandments (the schoolmaster) until you are justified by faith in Christ. No shortcuts. Then there is no condemnation. After we have been brought to faith in Christ, do we then make void the law or are we to still be keeping Gods law?

ROMANS 3 [30] Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. [31] DO WE THEN MAKE VOID THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: yea, we establish the law.

Just because we have attained faith through the Word are we now to “do away” with Gods 10 commandments? GOD FORBID!

REV. 14 [12] Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS of God, and THE FAITH OF JESUS.

Some will claim apples and oranges. BUT not the scriptures

8. Chowmah Member

DEUT. 30 [10] If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul. [11] For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. [12] It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, WHO SHALL GO UP FOR US TO HEAVEN, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [13] Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? [14] But THE WORD IS VERY NIGH UNTO THEE, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Israel was told they were to keep Gods 10 commandments. The Word is nigh

ROMANS 10 [1] Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. [2] For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. [3] For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. [4] For CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, WHO SHALL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? THE WORD IS NIGH THEE, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

The Word is nigh. But Israel was ignorant at the time that they could not attain Gods righteousness by keeping the law. They did not know that Christ was the end of the law for righteousness. No matter how well they kept the 10 commandments they would fall short and be as filthy rags. The bottom line is that we as believers are still to keep Gods 10 commandments but its only by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ that we are made righteous. His blood alone washes us clean from our short comings in keeping His law. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness.

EZEKIEL 33 [13] When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; IF HE TRUST TO HIS OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, HE SHALL DIE for it. [14] Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; IF HE TURN FROM HIS SIN, AND DO THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL and right; [15] If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, HE SHALL NOT DIE. [16] None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: HE HATH DONE THAT WHICH IS LAWFUL AND RIGHT; HE SHALL SURELY LIVE.

Its explained more fully in Ezek.33. We are to observe to keep Gods law but we must not trust in it as a means of attaining true righteousness. Christ is the end of the law for righteousness because we will all fall short in keeping the law. Its ONLY by the blood of Christ and His grace that we shall become righteous.

ROMANS 5 [19] For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. [20] Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: [21] That as SIN HATH REIGNED UNTO DEATH, even so might GRACE REIGN THROUGH RIGHTEOUSNESS UNTO ETERNAL LIFE by Jesus Christ our Lord.

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what makes a sinner right enough in the eyes of God to merit being saved by him?

Hint, NOT keeping Sabbathm keeping the Commandments etc, ONLY the blood of Jesus shed for the atonement/propiation of their sins, ansd sinners receiving Him thru faith, period!

10. Chowmah Member

And again

GALATIANS 3 [23] BUT BEFORE FAITH CAME, WE WERE KEPT UNDER THE LAW, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH

So tell me Yeshua1. Did you go to the schoolmaster to attain the faith you claim? Did you keep His 4th commandment. Were you partial in the law.

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have NEVER kept the law of God as He intended it to be kept, but neither have you!

I was saved by the grace of God, and thru faith received eternal life in jesus Chrsit, NOT due to ANY works I ever did or did not do, but fully by what Jesus did do!

How about you?

12. Chowmah Member

You've never kept the law of God? Maybe you shouldn't read scriptures below

ISAIAH 8 [16] Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.[17] And I WILL WAIT UPON THE LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.[18] Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.[19] And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?[20] TO THE LAW AND TO THE TESTIMONY: IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD, IT IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM.

Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my diciples and wait on the Lord. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (explained right after John 3{16}). Didn’t Jesus say that he was the light of the world?

PSALM 78 [1] Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth. [2] I WILL OPEN MY MOUTH IN A PARABLE: I will utter dark sayings of old: [3] Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. [4] We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the Lord, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done. [5] For HE ESTABLISHED A TESTIMONY IN JACOB, AND APPOINTED A LAW IN ISRAEL, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children: [6] That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children: [7] THAT THEY MIGHT SET THEIR HOPE IN GOD, AND NOT FORGET THE WORKS OF GOD, BUT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS:

Who opened his mouth in a parable? Yup, Jesus Christ. And this scripture says he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, that they might set their hope in God and KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

PSALM 119 [32] I will run the way of THY COMMANDMENTS, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.(2COR.6 v.11) [33] Teach me, O Lord, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end. [34] Give me understanding, and I SHALL KEEP THY LAW; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. [35] Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight. [36] Incline my heart unto THY TESTIMONIES, and not to covetousness. [37] Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way. [38] Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear. [39] Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good. [40] Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness. [41] Let thy mercies come also unto me, O Lord, EVEN THY SALVATION, according to thy word.

Here again we find it’s the law (commandments) and the testimony (of Jesus) and this leads to SALVATION.

PSALM 119 [165] Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. [166] Lord, I have hoped for thy SALVATION, and done THY COMMANDMENTS. [167] My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly. [168] I have kept thy precepts and THY TESTIMONIES: for all my ways are before thee.

and here again

REV.12 [16] And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.[17] And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

WHICH KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD, AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST.

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have kept the law of God well enough to merit being saved by him than?

14. Chowmah Member

If im saved itll be by grace through faith. I have observed to keep His commandments {been to the schoolmaster} which will bring you to that faith. There are "many" who claim faith having never been to the schoolmaster. That scripture is so clear and yet ignored by the "many"

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a gentile, not under the Law of isreal, yet God saved me as I was, and I now obey him out of thanksgiving, and by the empowering of the Holy Spirit, and as I submit and yield to Him daily, He will keep me in the way of God!

You want to stay under the burden/yoke of the Law, I want the yoke of Christ!

16. Chowmah Member

You've been saved already?

ROMANS 8 [24] For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?[25] But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

So I guess since your saved already you aint waiting patiently for it

17. Chowmah Member

Didn't you tell me just a while ago that you've never kept the law?

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

In order to receive the Holy Spirit we must first be keeping Gods 10 commandments. The 4th included. Thats what John 14{15-16} says. This truth is also found in verse {21}. So how'd you receive Holy Spirit?

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The ONLY way that one can receive Him, and it is NOT by keeping the Law first, that is heresy!

O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, to whom Jesus Christ before was described in your sight, and among you crucified?

2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the [c]Spirit by the works of the Law, or by the hearing of [d]faith preached?

3 [e]Are ye so foolish, that after ye have begun in the Spirit, ye would now be made perfect by the [f]flesh?

Galatians 3:1-3 Geneva Bible

19. Chowmah Member

Keep reading...same chapter

Galatians 3:23-24 (KJV)
    23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
    24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

20. Chowmah Member

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

Believing JOHN 14 is not heresy