The Cross - Holy or Unholy symbol

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by gtbuzzarp, May 17, 2006.

1. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Mexdeaf,

Assumptions, assumptions. There is no cross showing in that picture, so it cannot even be said it is a christian flag.

This is the state of Mississippi. Ever think we might have the state flag beside the national flag?

2. Mexdeaf New Member

If it is the Mississipi state flag then I stand corrected on that point but I still stand by the rest of what I said.

3. Mexdeaf New Member

Nope, think again, brother! I just looked on the website and compared the picture to a Mississippi state flag. That ain't it.

4. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Funny, I state truths which cannot be refuted truthfully and I am accused of not showing grace toward others.

Seems it was others that were attacking me, not me attacking them. And it is because I stand on a truth I am attacked.

I would say it is others who are not showing grace.

5. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    tell ya what, I will get a pic of flags unfurled to satisfy ya.

6. Mexdeaf New Member

Don't waste your time, we both have better things to do...

7. genesis12 Member

We're losing it here, guys. Jolly banter is one thing, but this ain't it, IMHO.

8. Mexdeaf New Member

9. robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SFIC, I am not attacking you, but I an quite knowledgeable about the false KJVO myth, and I can tell the readership, in all honesty, that all this triquetra nonsense staterd here:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/New%20King%20James%20Bible/new_king_james_counterfeit.htm

Dr. Watkins' articles are so full of ERRORS, GUESSWORK, & OUTRIGHT LIES that I wouldn't believe a weather report by him if I were standing in fronta his home! IMO, he is a perfect definition of the phrase "Edicated Idiot"!

In his zeal for the false KJVO doctrine, he gives us this piece of work: "Modern versions deny Christ's deity by calling Joseph His father at Luke 2:43". Perhaps, in his brilliance, he failed to read five verses further or two verses back in his KJV, or else his copy of the KJV was missing Luke 2:41 or 48.

After Ruckman & Riplinger, he is the 3rd biggest purveyor of bunk in the whole KJVO movement, followed closely by Dr. Lawrence Vance with his "seven times purified" garbage.

Standing Firm, your source of info for the triquetra is dubious, to put it mildly.

And again...If we're gonna judge one symbol by its ancient pagan uses, we must judge ALL equally, or use a DOUBLE STANDARD. Sure, the cross is in the Bible & the triquetra isn't, but both were used by pagans before Jesus was crucified. And the last regular use of the triquetra where the readers knew what it meant was when early Christians signed their letters with it; it then stood for the HOLY TRINITY.

Now, almost anyone can tell you what they believe the cross stands for, or what a swastika stands for, but not one of a hundred will have any idea what a triquetra is. So, you cannot simply classify the triquetra as pagan w/o also classifying the CROSS as pagan. Please look at some of the CROSSES in Watkins' illustrations.

I refuse to buy into ANY of this "symbols" hooey. To me the t-shaped cross stands for Christ's crucifixion, and I don't care WHAT it meant to some echidna worshipper in ancient Slobbovia. Same with the triquetra. It's not that well-known, and sure, it appears on some pagan books, but SO DO CROSSES!

Hey, maybe the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS originated those three footballs linked together, in hopes of a Super Bowl three-peat!

10. webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

SFIC, the flag in your church is the Christian flag. From what I remember, you stated that you had a vision problem, or were even considered legally blind. I'm not trying to be rude, but the facts remains that the flag is not a state flag.

11. Joined:
    Dec 25, 2005
    Don't you think I know what is in my church? I will get you a picture.

12. epistemaniac New Member

warning warning warning sarcasm ahead.......

I don't know SFIC.... looking at http://www.victoryheightsbaptist.org/photo.html I can see a square, a triangle, the front sidewalk is in the shape of a cross... there are all sorts of pagan geometric shapes all over that church building... it must be of the devil... and... it has an obelisk on the top... a symbol for the ancient Egyptian sun god Ra.... tsk tsk tsk.... your church MUST have been a false church, masquerading to be a conservative Bible church, given all these geometric shapes that pervade the structure of your church, I have to wonder about the state of your soul... are you saved? anyways.. its a good thing your new building does not have an obelisk on the top!! Maybe your church is moving in the right direction, leaving that pagan symbol is a good start to be sure... I have to wonder about the state of your soul during your time at that building... was it a front for a place to worship Ra?

sarcasm stops here....

there is no way that the flag by the baptismal is the Mississippi state flag.... there is.. however, a cross on that flag, using the zoom feature with my Opera browser I was able to continue to enlarge the image of that particular flag until I was able to see the red cross against the blue background.... you are busted, you are either going to have to recant, or leave your church because it has a <gasp> cross (a symbol first used by Pagans!) in the sanctuary.....

blessings,
    Ken

13. DeeJay New Member

SFiC

You have a problem with the triquesta (or whatever it is called) because of what it represents to some people.

BUT you have no problem with the Mississippi flag and its stars and bars on it. I can list a whole page of evil groups that use the stars and bars as their logo. Why dont you even think twice about having the stars and bars flying in your church.

14. Bro Tony New Member

[Moderator's Warning: Dabate the issues and do not attack the person that happens to hold the opposing view. Otherwise, you will find that yours posts have been deleted like this one.]

[ May 20, 2006, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

15. Linda64 New Member

BTW, that flag in our church is NOT the Mississippi state flag--it is the Christian flag. We have no control over the design of the Mississippi state flag. Apparently Georgia has taken the stars and bars off their state flag--Alabama has just taken the stars off, but they still have the bars.

16. Bro Tony New Member

So who are we to believe SFIC or Linda? I think we have a conundrum until something is acknowledged.

Bro Tony

17. rbell Active Member

Linda...

Alabama hasn't had "stars and bars" on it's flag since it came back into the union. The St. Andrew's cross has been the design since 1895. It is the only state flag since Alabama's confederate days.

Methinks you got Alabamy confused with another state.

18. Linda64 New Member

Look Bro Tony, my husband is legally blind--there is no Mississippi state flag in our church. The flag to the right of the baptistry is the Christian flag. We will get a pic if it unfurled, if that will satisfy you.

rbell--I didn't get Alabama mixed up with another state--I had always thought that the Alabama flag was the stars and bars--thanks for the information.

Bro Tony--even though my husband is legally blind, he is NOT spiritually blind and I would appreciate it if you would stop with your personal attacks.

19. Bro Tony New Member

Linda,

Why cant you two just say, we were wrong. There is no personal attack. Your husband said, "Don't you think I know whats in my church...?" When someone makes a false claim, all it takes is an acknowledgment of error. It is up to him if he doesn't want to, but it is his credibility that is at stake. You both have no problem judging others by what they say and believe and then when you are shown to be in error you make excuses or play the victim. It's your choice and with this I will not bring this up again in this forum, but I will deal with dishonesty when I see it as I feel led. Everyone makes mistakes, a Christian acknowledges them and moves on.

Bro Tony

20. Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    Mr Tony,

I have read through the last 3 pages of this thread and I have to say, even if standing is in err, you and many others are also in err with such a hateful and arrogant attitude toward he and his wife. If he is blind, that is good reason for him thinking it was a different flag. There is a mississippi flag, and old one that is mostly white with a blue patch where the cross on the christian flag is. It could be an honest error on the behalf of a blind person and you are being very condescending and judgmental toward him and his wife.

In your last post you said his wife was wrong too. Why is she wrong? She pointed out it was the christian flag. What is she wrong about?

I respectfully await your reply.