1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The data is in — stop the panic and end the total isolation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like I said before, if he didn't make an entire argument around 5 points that I was able to show were all false in 5 minutes, I would give him some credence too.

I'm definitely looking for good news out of this pandemic and there are many encouraging real things. These 5 points are fake.

The reason it seems like I'm spreading doom and gloom is because there is so much false optimism posted here to debunk. Stop posting fake information here and I will stop showing you guys why it is false.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. I don't know how anyone can say that he knows better than the author of the 5 points when the points deal explicitly with the situation in the USA and the Hoover Institution is greatly beloved in the USA for the painstaking accuracy of their work the last 100 years. We also had help from the French Doctor Didier Raoult, the world's leading expert in infectious diseases.

Jeremiah 8:22 (KJV) [Is there] no balm in Gilead; [is there] no physician there? why then is not the health of the daughter of my people recovered?

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People feeling optimistic shouldn’t bother you, especially as a Christian. You seem to take people being optimistic as a personal affront. #BeBetter

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is not the optimism part that is the problem. It is the false part. I would do the same for false pessimism. Like Scott Downey's false pessimism about ventilators.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but I don’t accept you as being the arbitrator of what is false, especially as we apparently have different outlooks on life.

And I will continue to share news that I think is important and helpful.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the bright side, people who have money will be able to buy a lot of real estate for 2 cents on the dollar if the lockdown continues.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fortunately, I think the lockdowns are already on the way out in places where the hospitals are not being worked hard because of this virus at all. Take out the NYC metropolitan area and other similar large population centers, and the rest of the United States is in quite good shape, all things considered with a new virus with the treatment for it still evolving. That is why we can’t have a national, one-size-fits-all strategy in the United States. Our country is much too diverse and spread out for one. What might be appropriate for NYC is like using a cannon to kill a fly in most of the rest of the U.S.

8. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not the arbitor of truth. I point people to primary sources of data which they often ignore when it is inconvenient to their narratives.

I have shown you how every one of this guý's points are false. Show me how my arguments are wrong with a reasonable argument and I will agree with you. That is how debates work but it seems like many people here would rather argue strawmen or spout ad hominems than actually engage in a rational debate. I've seen you to be a reasonable and logical poster here so I am hoping you will be willing to challenge your views with actual data.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By the way, I do like Australia. I had a huge crush on Olivia Newton-John when I was in college. I also like the horse racing and cute animals there.

10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I occassionally work in a rural area that is the horse rearing capital of the state and arguably the nation. Some beautiful countryside. There are a lot of americans that come on short term visas to work at those horse ranches. Lots of accidents unfortunately too.

Watch out for the drop bears. ;)

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actual data - no hospital in the U.S. has reported having to ration treatment of severely ill COVID-19 patients, not even New York, like they did in Italy. A lot of lives were saved as the U.S. may react late, as in World War II, but when we do we do it well. Now it is time to move forward, learn more about this virus, and get to a successful treatment regimen and an eventual vaccine - and get the economy up and going to also save lives.

“Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.” - Psalm‬ ‭30:5‬b ESV‬‬

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Attached Files:

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. Indiana is still on the fence. A lot of Democrats in the Indianapolis area want the lockdown to continue.

There is a lot of money to be made by Democrats if the lockdown continues because commercial real estate is already taking a big hit in Indiana. I think that private houses will decline in value also because of the recession that we are now in. Most Democrats are richer than the rest of us so they will buy up a lot of property at very low prices.

Follow the money and you will see that it is the Democrats who want the whole country locked down for another month or two.

14. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure it is a testament to the american people that New York was able to turn the corner without completely breaking their health system like Italy. I wouldn’t go as far as saying no rationing occurred but they avoided the worst case scenario, for now, which is cause for celebration.

But what does that have to do with the 5 points?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am hardly bold enough to think I can make a better case for the five points in the article than the doctor who wrote the article. Perhaps you can try to find his email address and raise your concerns directly with him. If you do, please let us know how it goes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are not the arbiter of what is true and false. Your lack of humility on this cannot accurately be described.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt any human can stop covid19, and every human will be attacked with it. God sent it on the earth as the first judgment in Revelation 6. Talking about who is right and who is wrong gives us plenty to do. The question is: Is that what God wants us to be doing during this time?

18. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twitter

No worries, the Clinton’s are gonna track em down, & shake em down. They excel at this. Problem solved.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anyone can not see through those 5 "facts" - PLEASE! Take a course in Basic Logic and Critical Thinking Skills!

20. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are countless links everywhere supporting those facts. You just have blinders on. It’s time. It’s past time according to some Drs. We are weakening our immunity to everything by being shut ins.