1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Devil and His Helpers at Work Promoting Abortion in New York

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Benjamin, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Monica Klien

Good job finding the clip! I will say this about Monica Klien, my children would recognize and knew from a young age that such immature reasoning would not go over well with me and that I considered such behavior next to lying and worth punishment. She is obviously a spoiled and lippy brat that has never been set straight in her thinking and never learned to honor getting to the truth. God help any man that would marry her, ...not that I would be inclined to believe she would have interest in being part of a wholesome family unit.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you saying? It deals with women murdering babies and saying that men should stand back and not say that this is murder.

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I agree, that is exactly what it deals with, just not what she admits to. Instead, as is so typical of the pro-abortionists, she resorts to rhetoric designed to obfuscate the clear facts. She completely ignored the actual issue and instead used a "talking point" about men trying to dominate women, etc., etc.

Perhaps it would be better to have two or more women anchors conduct such interviews.

4. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've lived here all my life except for a few years in Colorado and Germany with my Uncle. (Army). I could pack up and move anytime I felt the need. I've stayed. I've stayed because I believe God has called me to be light where it is the darkest. Last Sunday was one of the most emotionally charged sermons I ever preached as we delved into the evil around us.

Can we stop every abortion? I doubt it. A few? So far yes. I joked that I typed my notes on a laptop with a sticky space bar caused by the soon-to-be 9 year old we've raised since he was four months old while the dog chased the three-year-old unplanned pregnancy around trying to get at the cookies the boy had.

We live in a grand old Victorian home that is furnished in antiques, Legos and Matchbox cars. It wasn't part of the master plan for our old age but I'm convinced it was part of God's plan. The parents of these children were rudderless. We asked that they let the children live and we promised to give them a home where they could grow and flourish. We promised them a home where Jesus was known.

That's only two out of the 82,000 that were murdered last year alone. Only two lives but has made all the difference for those two and for my wife and me. I trust the Lord has used our example in places we cannot see and in homes where we have not been.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish I had such a happy example but my battle against abortion comes from a different place.

I come at the argument against abortion as one who feels deceived and had fell into the trap. In my early 20’s I wasn’t a Christian, I might have identified with being a Christian over say a Jew, a Mormon or an Atheist, but I now know how lost I was. I had already gotten a girl pregnant, had a baby exactly 8 months 2 ½ weeks after I asked this cute little Hispanic girl out that was cutting my hair that late Friday afternoon which turned into a weekend date, married her when our daughter was 3 weeks old thinking that gave me some sort of “rights” in the situation and got separated 3 months later and then divorced wherein I got the “right” to pay child support for the next 18 years for a child I rarely got to see.

This followed a list of failed relationships and pretty much solidified that from then on I stayed out of relationships, I told one girl the reason I wasn’t seeing her anymore is that I had learned her last name and that crossed the line of getting too personal. So you get the idea that I was seriously done making commitments…

Next thing you know this girl I was seeing told me she pregnant, she said she understood that I wasn’t interested in getting married and starting a family and that it was pretty easy to get an abortion and she would set it up but asked me to take her to the appointment. We “took care of this” early, like at 4-6 weeks because we didn’t want “it” to have time to turn into a baby. That was a concern to me, I asked around a bit, there was no internet back then and I asked a few people who told me what they had heard that at such an early stage “it” was no more than a clump of fetus cells. That was the message “Planned Parenthood” put out there for people who were inquiring…who else was I to trust if not these “experts” in the field?

So, I gave my girlfriend that ride, all along my conscience was speaking to me but I just didn’t want to deal with it. When I drove up I looked for those protesters I’d heard about and kind of wished one would be there and come up and talk to me, when my girlfriend started walking across the parking lot I almost called her back, I don’t think she really wanted to get the abortion and if I were to commit to starting a family she would have forgone the procedure, BUT it would have been shocking to her to hear me switch from my callous ways and make such a suggestion.

All along my conscience was really speaking to me, I almost yelled her name as she went into the door, I started to panic after she went in. What if this was wrong? Maybe we should talk about it some more. I considered going in after her while knowing myself well enough that if they didn’t let me talk to her I would be kicking down doors and WW3 was about breakout in the abortion clinic.

BUT, long story short, I decided to accept the devil’s lies that it was just a clump of cells. I agreed with the argument that I wasn’t ready to commit and that this was a way out, “it was better this way”. Time passed as I sat there doing nothing as all these thoughts starting rushing into my head and I figured it was now too late, so I turned up the radio and I lit up a joint to ease the pain I was feeling and waited for her to come back out. It didn’t take very long and when she came back I was wondering, hoping maybe, that she changed her mind. Such was not the case, it was done.

Today, I feel lied to but I still blame myself for not protecting my child. It has to be my biggest regret in life. I was selfish and a fool. The Devil won that one, he lied to me and took advantage of my naivety. He took advantage of me when I was broken and weak. If I could go back and change one thing in my life this moment would be it. In fact, God knows I would give my life for that opportunity. I’ve prayed many prayers of shame since then and express my sorrow.

This is why, today, I take this battle with those promoting abortion very personal. I consider it a battle against the Devil that I once lost but now have returned to face the matter, knowing better, Jesus as my Master, truth as my guide and a conscience that won’t be backing down from what my heart tells me between right and wrong. I won’t get that chance for a do over but I’ll never stand by and allow the Devil to tell these lies in my presence while I do nothing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good testimony Ben. I know the feeling of serious sins forgiven (humanly speaking) and the restoration of the Joy of the Lord. I can recall that joy into my heart at anytime (acknowledging present failures). Keep looking heavenward.
    He has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

Man rarely forgives our sins against them and will often doubt that God has forgiven you and even tell you how evil you are,

But not Jesus - He always says - "Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee". That's why we love Him so - because He first loved us. The world is mystified by our love and trust in the Lord.

#46 HankD, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Hank.

Pro 12:25 Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Governor Cuomo claims to be a Catholic. Before the bill was passed and signed by Cuomo, the Bishop of Albany wrote an open letter to the Governor.

9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, good post!

I don't understand Catholicism. They decline to excommunicate people such as Cuomo, Pelosi, and Kerry for working for abortion, and they seem equally unconcerned about the clerical sexual attacks on others.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand it either, neither pretend to. I did read in some article last night that Timothy Dolan (a cardinal in New York, and maybe one who would have the power to excommunicate him -- not sure) said he thought it would be counterproductive and make Cuomo a "martyr" for the abortion cause. Perhaps so, but sometimes you just have to do the right thing because it is the right thing.

#50 rlvaughn, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good post!

Cardinal Dolan has been a great disappointment to me. I think that he can excommunicate Cuomo because he lives in NYC with his mistress and the Cardinal or Bishop in Albany can do it because Cuomo works in Albany. Cardinal Dolan also refuses to shut down the openly gay church in NYC called St. Francis of Assisi. He also bargained with Cuomo for money for the Catholic parochial schools in NYC and Cuomo said that Dolan had to allow gays to march in St. Patrick's Day Parade so Dolan allowed that but Cuomo did not come up with one penny of state money for the parochial schools. My personal opinion is that Cardinal Dolan is an enabler.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read in today's WSJ opinion page that this and the Virginia legislation maybe abortion's "Dred Scott" moment. One of the consequence's of the Taney Court's decision was it showed the abolitionists the other side was not going to compromise.

• Informative Informative x 1