1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The earth is the center of creation!

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Travelsong, Jul 13, 2003.

1. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

Good post! Amen!

2. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

No! The Creater is is the center of creation!

3. NeilUnreal

NeilUnreal New Member

"God is like an infinite sphere, whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere."

-Most often attributed to Nicholas of Cusa, 15th century.

4. Meatros

Meatros New Member

Good post! Amen! </font>[/QUOTE]Incidentally John, I see that you've gone elsewhere ;) on the net (I'm not saying you left here mind you). In any event, this "elsewhere" has a geocentric there, I'm sure you'll have no problem guessing his name.

In any event, thought you might be interested.

5. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

Small World Wide Web huh? I do hope Meatros, since you’re the moderator, “elsewhere,” instead of you and I bickering, we could win a few souls for Christ there. That’s what Christ would want huh?

Since you’re an OE, evolutionists and a Christian, you may have a better opportunity than I. It’ll give you a chance to polish up those witnessing skills. [​IMG]

I probably will not be posting “elsewhere” much less here that often. I’ve been taking a Disciple Class and we’re ready to resume the first part of August and I’m getting ready to start a redesign project at work and a two year old that loves to help his dad in the garage. :D

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Since we now have the ability to see the earth from a distance, and see that it clearly revolves around the Sun, it's clear that the earth is not unmoveable as some interpret the Bible to read.

7. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Since we now have the ability to see the earth from a distance, and see that it clearly revolves around the Sun, it's clear that the earth is not unmoveable as some interpret the Bible to read. </font>[/QUOTE]john, perhaps that's only the simplest explanation of the facts. the simplest explanation isn't necessarily true.

8. Meatros

Meatros New Member

Since we now have the ability to see the earth from a distance, and see that it clearly revolves around the Sun, it's clear that the earth is not unmoveable as some interpret the Bible to read. </font>[/QUOTE]john, perhaps that's only the simplest explanation of the facts. the simplest explanation isn't necessarily true. </font>[/QUOTE]The key point is, that it's not the simplest explanation of the facts. It's observable and measurable.

9. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

Since we now have the ability to see the earth from a distance, and see that it clearly revolves around the Sun, it's clear that the earth is not unmoveable as some interpret the Bible to read. </font>[/QUOTE]john, perhaps that's only the simplest explanation of the facts. the simplest explanation isn't necessarily true. </font>[/QUOTE]The key point is, that it's not the simplest explanation of the facts. It's observable and measurable. </font>[/QUOTE]i have little doubt that a very, very complex theory could explain all of the facts while maintaining the earth as the center on the universe.

we have a prejudice towards simple explanations - a very
    useful prejudice, but that's all it is. it does not establish Truth.

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

More than that. It's what is observed, tested, and confirmed. OTOH, there's NO evidence that the universe revolves around the sun.

11. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

More than that. It's what is observed, tested, and confirmed. OTOH, there's NO evidence that the universe revolves around the sun. </font>[/QUOTE]earth, right?

sure there is - look outside, mark the sun's location. wait an hour. go look again and note the movement.

12. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

No, the earth revolves around my car. I look out the window, notice where Pikes Peak is...drive an hour and look again. It has moved.

13. timothy 1769

timothy 1769 New Member

No, the earth revolves around my car. I look out the window, notice where Pikes Peak is...drive an hour and look again. It has moved. </font>[/QUOTE]exactly. one could work out a physics with your car as immovable center of the universe, but it would be rather complicated. does the bible hint your car is the unmovable center of the universe? if not, it's probably not worth looking into.

really, the question of what really revolves around what is SUCH a huge waste of time.

my only real point here is that the simplest explanation of the facts is not necessarily True.

14. ColoradoFB

ColoradoFB New Member

Actually, it is probably not my car, but me personally, that is the center of the universe! [​IMG]

Even if I am out of my car, everything else is somewhere in space & time relative to me.

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oh my, you're now channelling my teenage daughters.