1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The eternal purpose of Christ pt2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by PreachTony, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Gen 40:1 And it came to pass after these things, that the butler of the king of Egypt and his baker had offended their lord the king of Egypt.
    Gen 40:2 And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chief of the butlers, and against the chief of the bakers.
    Gen 40:3 And he put them in ward in the house of the captain of the guard, into the prison, the place where Joseph was bound.
    Your post makes no sense. Sorry.
    You simply treat "faith" as something so mystical.
    Does God take "a ball of faith" then through some process you call regeneration, supernaturally take this ball of faith, blow life into it, and then implant it into the believer so that he can now believe?? It sounds like a fairy tale and I hope you will agree.
    Nowhere in the Bible does it say regeneration produces faith.
    Faith is faith.

As the unsaved who sins is a slave to sin, so can a believer be a slave to sin.
    This is a process that must be put into practice every day called "sanctification." Crucifying oneself, putting to death the old man, is a daily action, not a one-time event. Paul said "I die daily."

James 4:4 addresses believers. He is speaking about believers that have become friends of the world. He calls them adulterers and adulteresses, and then says that these believers who are friends of the world are the enemies of God because of their friendship with the world. Can a believer be in a position where he is the enemy of God? Apparently, yes. Study James 4:4.
    But to the crowd here that denies any possibility of a believer even being carnal I am sure it will be denied. It is like cutting 1Cor.3 out of one's Bible.

Back to faith. It is not mysterious and mystical.
    It is confidence or trust. It does not need to originate from God. It is innate. All men have faith. It is the object of faith which is important.

To define faith look at Romans 4:
    Rom 4:20 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
    Rom 4:21 And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
    --vs. 20 Abraham was strong in faith.
    --21: Abraham "was fully persuaded that what God had promised God would perform." That is faith. He was confident in the promises of God that they were true, and what God said was true. It was his confidence in God.

Take another example:

Gen 40:5 And they dreamed a dream both of them, each man his dream in one night, each man according to the interpretation of his dream, the butler and the baker of the king of Egypt, which were bound in the prison.

And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Gen 40:9 And the chief butler told his dream to Joseph.
    Gen 40:12 And Joseph said unto him, This is the interpretation of it:
    Gen 40:13 Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thine head, and restore thee unto thy place:

Gen 40:16 When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto Joseph, I also was in my dream,
    Gen 40:18 And Joseph answered and said, This is the interpretation thereof:
    Gen 40:19 Yet within three days shall Pharaoh lift up thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree.

Gen 40:20 And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday,
    Gen 40:21 And he restored the chief butler unto his butlership again; and he gave the cup into Pharaoh's hand:
    Gen 40:22 But he hanged the chief baker: as Joseph had interpreted to them.
    Gen 40:23 Yet did not the chief butler remember Joseph, but forgat him.

--Three men are in jail including Joseph. The butler and baker both have a dream. Joseph reassures them that dreams come from God and so does the interpretation. He urges them to tell the dreams to him.
    They put their faith/confidence/trust in Joseph and tell them their dreams.
    As Joseph interpreted, The butler is pardoned; the baker sentenced to death.
    At one point both had faith that they would be pardoned. For the baker looked in faith for a good outcome to his dream.
    But Joseph was correct, and the outcome was correct. Faith is faith.
    One was pardoned and the other was not.

Unlike fickle, futile, man who at his own will pardons some and doesn't others, God has promised to pardon all who come to him.
    He paid the penalty for their sin. He is perfectly fair and just in his dealings with men. Salvation is by faith. Whosoever will may come. He will not turn away any who will come to him by faith.
    In his earthly ministry he never turned away any who came to him.
    Those who believed did not have to be given "faith." The record states over and over again, that each were healed "according to their faith."
    Joseph hoped that the butler would tell Pharaoh but his faith continued to be in God and he knew all things were ultimately in God's hands.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

Rippon answered;

I believe what you posted was shameful.

All of us think you are way off....

Again you have no idea of the true biblical teaching of election, this is sad. Election has nothing to do with salvation when we are told that God has revealed this as part of his eternal purpose...

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

yes we read your anti cal 24/7 junk everyday....you stay away from truth and here boast of it.

I have never seen you actually portray Calvinism as any of us believe it...you are not even close, so you post about what you have no understanding of as you try to attack us to no avail.

God elected some men...not all ...he elected many to give to the Son.

Now your customary insult and bogus question of a cal...in this case Rippon again. then followed by one false idea after another;

When Christ died he drew all men to Himself. That was the purpose of the cross.

Faith is innate.

All men have faith.

Faith is faith. The Bible doesn't use the term "saving faith."

Faith always precedes regeneration; it is not a product of it.

God does not give faith to the unregenerate.

Here hot off the press...lol

It is confidence or trust. It does not need to originate from God.
    It is innate. All men have faith
    that is not the only way it is sp[oken of.

God would never give either one to the unregenerate.

no one says that...monster strawman again

another monster strawman and false accusation against Rippon.....great post DHK.

:laugh::laugh: The person is saved first...then the Spirit comes to indwell them,

:laugh: another wonderful post:thumbsup:

#262 Iconoclast, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All I can say is I tried, DHK. You are a closed door to anyone but YOU teaching you.

Que sera sera.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is sad....

DHK posts;
    It is confidence or trust. It does not need to originate from God. It is innate. All men have faith

This is the problem.:thumbs:

5. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not read it in depth as I could see from the first three or four lines it was the same ole same ole. But I did miss THAT line.

After reading that which you posted of his previous post I am like....

When he calls the supernatural something mystical...

#265 SovereignGrace, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It appears I need to come back to this post and answer it, to clear up some misconceptions.
    My exact statement was:

This is true according to the Bible; according to Calvinism I can't be so sure.
    Concerning a statement about the justice of God, I said: "This is true according to the Bible." (That is what I believe.)
    "According to Calvinism I can't be so sure." I said nothing wrong here. I am not so sure about Calvinism's stance on how biblical this statement is.
    So how on earth am I bearing false witness?
    It is not me that bears false witness. Be careful of your accusations.
    Okay, let's first look at my statement that you are replying to:

You are in no position to take away from the attributes of God those attributes which he has given to man who is made in the image of God, and reflects his glory.

Now, why did I say that? What prompted it?
    Previous to that you had said:

You, a mere mortal have no right to judge God with any notion of unfairness --putting Him in the dock, as you are in the habit of doing.

--Your constant attack that God does not need to be fair simply because He is God takes away from one of his essential attributes. Then you attack me with a statement like the above. In reality Calvin tries to take away from the attribute of God which we call "fairness" or justice. They just don't want to admit it. And now you are upset about it.
    The statement that you are replying to is:
    You demonstrate that you don't even know what his attributes are.
    --The subject is still the same: "The attribute of the fairness of God."
    This isn't something I made up, so put away your self indignation.
    The very suggestion (or argument) that God doesn't need to be fair to elect some to heaven and others to hell. He can do whatever he wants. He doesn't have to be fair. This is such a lame Calvinistic argument; it isn't even biblical, and yet Cals throw it out any time they feel like it without thinking it through. Yes, God has an attribute of fairness.

You started off angry. Every one of your statements have been increasingly angrier. Now you have reached your boiling point. What have I said to put you over the edge?

Here it is:
    You have no regard for: the promises of God, the attributes of God, the nature of God, etc. You portray him as a monster out of control who can do as he pleases. That is not the God of the Bible.

--Now you want to muzzle me and take away freedom of speech.
    This is my opinion of you and what you believe assessed by what you post.
    1. You do not have any regard for the promises of God: That is, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved." Paul should have explained to him that he needed to be regenerated then he could "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ." Poor Paul. He didn't know what he was talking about.

2. You do not have any regard for the attributes of God.
    God made man in his own image. He put within his heart His Law and a conscience. Every person I have ever met demands fairness. The character of "fairness" comes from God, who is just and fair in his dealings with mankind. You deny the attribute of fairness in God. You believe in a God who "can do whatever he wants." That makes God a monster, not a God of love.
    3. Taking into consideration the above, you have no regard for, not only the attributes of God, but also the nature of God. Your understanding of just who God is, is very weak.
    Now, nothing I said is worthy of banning. I simply said what I believe to be true concerning your perception of God. Clear enough?

I said:
    He equally loves each one of us alike.

You can disagree with if you like; I don't care.
    You just accused God of "hiding saving truths" from. Perhaps Calvinism teaches that God deliberately hides the truth from individuals who want the truth, but I don't believe that. I believe that those who want the truth, God will see that they get the truth. That is what happened with Cornelius. He desired to know about God and salvation and so God sent Peter to his house with the Gospel. That story has been repeated in history many times.
    There is no one on this earth he does not love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.