1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Fall Of Man?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by tyndale1946, Mar 31, 2016.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Israel as an ethnic nation is what has been "cut off." The "remnant" has never been "cut off" and it is what is "cut off" that will be "grafted in AGAIN." Furthermore, what has been "cut off" is described as the present enemy of the Gospel, and that is national Israel, and yet it is that same present "enemy" that is beloved of the Father in regard to election. It is just that simple.The Nation of Israel had been "cut off" AS A WHOLE and the nation of Israel will be grafted back in again AS A WHOLE.

If your system of eschatology can't fit that Biblical truth then you need to change it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fatal? What devastating egregious error could God's people possibly be led into by reading this man's great work? Fatal? For real?

3. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said, he had high praise for Edersheim. But the major flaw of his work is that it is anochronistic. Since the work is to be a work of history, that is a fatal blow to the accuracy of the work. That is not to say that one can glean from it. But it is unwise to make too much out of the conclusions he makes due to the fact that much of his findings are based on a very different Judaism from the day of Jesus and the apostles pre-70 CE.

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he has raised many good questions, not least of which is how we have misunderstood (or misrepresented, like Edersheim) 2nd temple Judaism. I'm not fully persuaded by the NPP but hold to a via medium view (I can point you to an article that may help explain it).

The point of that post is that I have yet to speak of anyone on here who outright rejects Wright actually represent him accurately or fairly. They usually speak in vague generalities with little to no truth behind the vitriol. Most importantly, they haven't read him (or read him extensively) but simply rely on other people's criticisms (I'm talking to you, Evangelist6589). Most here who oppose the NPP have no idea what it actually is all about, how it came about, their argument (and what it is based on), and the variations between the NPP itself.

All that said, Wright has raised good points about Paul, some not having anything to do with justification. And in general in the field of biblical theology, historical studies, and other NT related studies; NT Wright is a scholar par excellence. Too many ignore him for bad reasons and miss the treasures he has written. It is like Arminians who refuse to read Calvinists writings on things that aren't related to salvation. That is silly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I listened to a most wonderful sermon the other day by Dr. Voddie Baucham which was concerning Romans 11:25-32. He said that at the end of the ages a large engrafting of Jews would occur. He made a good point, too. The USA has the largest # of Jews in the world. It was concieveable that this passage...Romans 11:25-32...could be fulfilled in America. He did not say it was a fact, but a possibility.

7. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    28 There shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves cast forth without.
    29 And they shall come from the east and west, and from the north and south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.
    30 And behold, there are last who shall be first, and there are first who shall be last. Mt 13

Yes, the Nations came from the east and the west into Christendom, and the Jews may well be 'the last' to be brought into the kingdom. What a glorious day that would be!

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another point regarding the NPP is that Wright has not espoused a new doctrine as much as he has suggested a need to reconsider the current one.

I thought this a fairly good position http://kuyperian.com/reformed-people-read-n-t-wright/

9. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fantastic article! Thanks!!!

10. beameup

beameup Member

I'd link that to Ezekiel 37, "the valley of dry bones". Half the worlds Jews now live in Israel and about half live in the U.S. All it will take will be another decisive win of another war and Israel will be greatly enlarged. Then, under the right circumstances, there would be a mass migration to Israel from all over the earth. All you have to do is take a look at the current situation and draw certain scenarios, and you will end up with that conclusion. Obviously there are many various prophecies that, when combined, concur with this.