1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Feminization of Christianity

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did not grow up as a Christian. Fortunately I grew up in a situation where I never had to listen to the men who wanted women to be doormats. My mother was definitely NOT a doormat. Both my parents had very strong personalities and well...so do I. Fortunately too, I am married to a man who is not intimidated by my education or career field compared to his. He LOVES to brag about how smart his wife is, about where I went to school, about what I know and what I can do. Maybe if men were more secure in themselves, we wouldn't be having this conversation. An insecure man is a total "turn-off" to me and to many other women. The endless griping about "women this" and "women that" just tells me that the men who do that complaining are utterly insecure men who have yet to own their identities as men and who they are in Christ.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that insecure men are a turn off which I why I don't understand how churches can fill pews preaching about a desperate needy god. Here is the thing, it was a women that told me point blank that having a BA in Biblical Studies that would scare men away from marrying me. BTW it was the Biblical Studies not the BA that was her hangup along with other church members that attacked me for my Biblical education. I noticed you are focusing on men, but your forgetting that I am a women who sees this problem in churches. I as a women get uncomfortable with how sentimental Christiandom is as a whole.
    Again I'm not even sure where this whole doormat idea is coming from in this thread. No one is arguing for that.
    As far as I'm concerned the fact that domineering, and doormat keep getting thrown around is further evidence of how feminized the church has become. It is a strawman argument meant to cloud the issue with emotional charged rhetoric.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. saved41199

saved41199 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I read quite a few blogs (I don't know why, my blood pressure goes through the roof) and it seems that the dominant man/woman discussion is "submission", how women should never, ever correct or contradict their husbands...essentially a doormat. The complaints of the "feminization" of Christianity seems to come out of the idea that women are "feminists" and do not want to "take orders" from men...and therefore are scheming for control of the churches away from the God-ordained order. I am a card-carrying feminist. My background is in male-dominated topics, engineering and theology. In college, I heard men whining about how women were taking over engineering, how we were "infiltrating" the good old boys club of engineering and how they didn't want to have to "behave themselves" in the professional environment (which is nothing more than being respectful). I've been in job interviews where I was asked how my husband felt about me working overtime or traveling. Really?

Once again from where I sit, those who are fussing about "feminization" or "feminism" are those who need to learn to be comfortable in their own skins and quit trying to blame someone else for their problems or failures. My failures, both personal and professional were entirely due to my own actions and attitudes. It wasn't a man, a woman, a pastor, teacher, professor, or parents that caused my failure...it was ME. If I don't like something, or I think something is wrong, I can either leave it behind or work to change it. A certain poster here seems to be more inclined to just fuss and whine instead of taking action. When faced with adversity or situations that are unfavorable for whatever reason, there's always a way to take action. However, action takes work, takes effort and there seem to be those who prefer to sit instead of put forth effort.

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well it is clear why we are talking past each other as I'm as anti feminist as they come. I see 2nd and 3rd wave feminist as part of the Romans 1 judgement on this nation. Of course it is also born out of women's sinful bent to usurp her husband going all the way back to the fall in Gen 3.
    I don't view submission as a bad word nor do I read domination into it.
    Submission does not equal doormat and to read that into it is an error.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't listened to what I & what Blessed Wife have said.....rather you blather on because only you have the approach that will work & then when I try to tell you that I have already done that you default back to "I do this out here & it works".....yea, big freakin deal, it doesn't work here. You have 2 ears & 1 mouth......use it. Thats why your frustrated & and throwing insults around.......How Christian of you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So I get it, you (because you are a female) are victimized. Guess what.....that's in your own head. Your example here is laughable. I have taken interviews where I was asked (by both men & women) how my wife feels about schedules where I am away from home......so it isn't just you being asked the question. So to use your own expression, stop whining.....or as my lovely wife would say, "suck it up butter cup."

So from "where you sit"..... now isnt that telling. A point of view, an opinion, a I have the answer & the others are wrong. How arrogant! [/quote]

#106 Earth Wind and Fire, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are way too sensitive. Every job interview I have had since I was married asked me how my wife felt about me working overtime and traveling. Scripture is plain about the "silent" role of women in church. You should go dig Paul up and argue your point with him. Husbands have duties. When they do not meet those duties, scripture is plain on how the wife is to behave. Userping his authority is not how scripture says handle it. The couple on here arguing with you is not your problem. The plain text of scripture seems to be your problem.
    I was almost killed because of the affirmative action placing of a woman on my SWAT team. I have no patience for the feminist movement.

#107 Reynolds, May 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Reynolds, my comment is on top. I do not know who wrote the second quote, but it mysteriously is attributed to me.

So, I don't know that you are actually addressing me or not.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not when they say to a Pastor & a Church Elder......"Yea, I know what it says in the bible, but Im not doing that" and then say she is a Christian. I have witnessed that 1st hand.

#109 Earth Wind and Fire, May 15, 2017
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe because men are usually the ones that find excuses to not really get into serving God more? The women are the ones that normally gets kids ready for church, drag their husbands along?

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have too. Had a woman come before the deacon board and pretty much say that. Nothing was done because she is the pastors wife's best friend and she is the mother of the biggest giver in the church.

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I don't think so. I was quoting saved 41199. Not sure what I messed up.

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That shows you in and of its self that the roles in the house are out of scriptural order. It is not the wife's place, nor does she have the authority to, "drag" her husband anywhere.
    The real reason I no longer have the love for traditional church I once had is due to the endless problems caused by people who are there because it is their social club. They have no desire for a true church, they simply want the country club without the golf balls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So then I can conclude that no disciplinary action was pressed. How convenient, however if I said that then Id be thrown out as a heretic.

15. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Offer a small group to anyone in the church who wishes to study the Bible.

We see problems in the early church as well. It's our sin nature that gets in the way. Hebrews 10 tells me that I cannot neglect meeting with brothers in Christ. Go to church and be a light rather than a critic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am active in church. I am growing tired if traditional church and am in the process of transitioning to a non traditional.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, had most anyone else in the church said it they would have to. I tried, but came up one vote short. The 4 no votes got dressed down royally after the vote.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tell you this brother out of great love for the church.....nothing is an end in itself, including church. Only God is an end; everything else is a means. Only God can save us, not the church.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean by non traditional?

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me and one of my friends are in the early stages of turning a large home Bible study into a modified version of a Cowboy Church. Kind of a Church for those who love hunting, fishing, and the outdoors. The focus will be on training fathers to disciple their children.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.