1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Godly Way Women Are To Dress and Look

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PreacherOfTruth, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

IMO if the supreme court passed a law that everyone could go naked the only reason some of the wicked would not is because some man would take off after them. Some wouldn't because of the way they look but all would want too.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I had a guy tell me the most attracted he ever felt to someone he wasn't married to was this girl who was...wearing a full length dress. Up to her neck, down to the floor.

*sigh*

She was hot. LOL

It was modest as all get out! She may as well have been wearing a string bikini though. Some people just are really good looking and it won't matter, they can make a paper bag look good! Or they can dress up in something nice like that and look drool-worthier than someone wearing practically nothing.

I used to be a lot more worried about it, but gave up. Whatever is socially appropriate for where you are, so long as it covers up the vital areas and you don't look like a street walker. A bikini isn't meant for the grocery store and an evening dress isn't mean for the beach neither is meant for a church gathering or school.

3. Jack Warner

Jack Warner New Member

Is it a sin for a Christian woman or young Christian girl to
    wear a bikini on the beach or any where were there are men or boys?

Yes or no?

4. salzer mtn

Preacher of truth is this you again ? LOL

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it's not a sin.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Lots of people on this thread think very highly of themselves. I mean, it takes no will power not to be tempted by a woman walking up with short shorts, a low neck line and the most alluring perfume if she is 400 pounds, has zits all over her face that look like the surface of the moon, and has a tattoo every four inches on her chest. The halter top would look great if she braids her arm pits.

I mean, if you guys on here want to summon the aid of the Holy Spirit to battle this, go right ahead. Me, I will take one look, throw up, and be on my way. Frankly, I do not care what all of you ravishing women wear. I am not going to drool. My wife is the love of my life, has been for 36 years, and will be until the Lord calls us home.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause:

I remember during a couples' seminar making a statement to the men that if they got to spend some time with these women they were lusting over and got to spend some time with her really funky attitude, that lust would turn to YUCK real quick.

8. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Does seem kinda suspicious to me as well...same type of info in the personal profile...same type of questioning style. Maybe he signed up on a different computer...!
    As to his question let me just say that as a Christian trying to be honest before God, I have to conclude that there is NOTHING modest about any form-fitting swimwear that is currently being sold in todays retail outlets....whether they be Bikini/two piece or one piece. They ALL draw attention to the female body in a way that will be problematic for any man who observes them in public. Now what a man and woman who are married do between themselves in a private setting is entirely another matter. We can go round and round about this argument from now til eternity but the fact is...nakedness and modesty are exactly opposite and always will be. It has always (at least as long as I have been saved) been my understanding that Biblically, nakedness is defined as anything that reveals the "thigh" (minimum). I will be honest enough to say as I'm posting this that I can't recall where I got THAT from...but I am going to go hunting for it again just so I can re-confirm my belief. If anybody "beats me to it" or finds something contrary to it, then PLEASE post it. (additional note: I think that passage is found in Isa. 47:1-4 in regard to "uncovering the nakedness") Whatever position I/(or we) hold to, I only want it to be that which honors and brings glory to our Lord. That is all that really matters. Modesty matters. I will say that from the perspective of a man (myself) that took many immoral liberties earlier in life...for which I have many genuine regrets today.To all this I will only conclude by saying the following to men and women, boys and girls..PLEASE...for God's sake (and He alone is worthy) and for your sakes as well...use some common sense and cloth yourselves in such a way as to NOT draw attention to the parts of your bodies that would feed the lusts and passions of the fallen adamic natures of the people around you. The Devil is seeking to gain any advantage that he can to deceive and destroy our lives and our testimonies for the Lord and God that we love.... because he hates us....and more precisely he HATES God. Think about it folks....and look in the mirror more critically BEFORE you step outside your front door each day. Do all to the glory of God.

Bro.Greg:saint:

#88 Gregory Perry Sr., Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  9. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is what I am not understanding. Some of these posts assume the general population is shaped like models in magazines. Most people I pass in Walmart look like either the planet Jupiter or a beach ball. Oh yeah, I want to see a form fitting outfit on one of these whales.

10. salzer mtn

Amen brother, I mean clap clap

11. Gregory Perry Sr.

It goes both ways...

Immodesty is still immodesty whether it is a man OR a woman, a beach "babe" or an amazon bull dyke with warts on it's nose. Like I said....people ought to critically examine themselves in front of their mirrors BEFORE stepping out of the house. The only thing that really matters is....are we pleasing in God's eyes....and if we say we love Him then THAT is a legimate question. I'm not suggesting that we become pharisees....but it is not unreasonable to suggest that people who profess they love God demonstrate that profession both inwardly (most important) and outwardly (also important)...Amen?

12. Gregory Perry Sr.

It just occurred to me.....

It just occurred to me that God may just use this thread that was posted by our "thankfully departed" now-banned ex-poster PreacherOfTruth to accomplish some good here on the Baptist Board. Just more proof that God is sovereign and in control and can oftentimes "hit a straight lick with a crooked stick". The truth is that God does care about us and He does care about how we live our lives....particularly after He saves us.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:laugh: You've been cracking me up today!

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yes.... The Housewives of Walmart! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.