1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndyMartin, May 27, 2017.

1. AndyMartin

AndyMartin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    YES, when they repent and become believers :Biggrin

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, once again you dodge the question and refuse to give an honest answer. Does your conscience ever bother you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it was written by a bunch of confessional Anglicans in 1646.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Notice how you twist God's word.

Here's the verses you shared:
    Here's your claim.
    The FACT is that you are putting words into Jesus mouth and demanding that your twisted view is what God said.

You are a very dishonest person, Andy.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    maybe not dishonest, but he does not really understand what calvinist hold with!

6. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He doesn't communicate what Jesus actually says. This has nothing to do with Calvin and everything to do with rightly divining the word of God. Andy is adding words and ideas that Jesus does not express.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lost reject the message. Those who stoned Stephen plugged their ears and rushed him.

But ppl are already blinded by Satan. Unless God opens their eyes, they'll remain blinded. And Satan will not remove their blinders, only God can. Man is enslaved to their sin, under a yoke of bondage and Satan won't take that yoke off, only God can free them from Satan's bondage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joseph shall add

i have read this post from start to finish. Sadly some people are more prone to being judges then the Lovers of God and men The Gospel is about Gods love for all peoples and his gift of salvation. As partakers of the grace of Christ we are instructed to love one another. He whom does not love has no part of God. You folks may wan to check you levels of love.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Does God love all humans who are bound in sin or does God choose to love those humans that He has chosen to adopt by His grace?

If it's the first, then why do so many perish in their sins with no pardon for their disobedience?

How does a loving Father not care for all his creation? Unless...unless...not all humans are God’s adopted children. If they are not His, then how does a parent treat an illegitimate child? (See Hebrews 12.)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's Love is not though equal for all, as he loves in the highest sense only those whom he is in Covenant with!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just think that "something" happened to our brother that has made him react in a negative fashion towards calvinism....

12. spirit1st

spirit1st Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Elect are all those who have been Born Again ! Jesus Christ died for all mankind ! Few accept His gospel as Truth and HIM as there LORD and Master ! Mat_22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen. Joh_3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. Born Again is a Real New Birth ! He takes our old Spirit out and replaces it with a New Spirit being ! Salvation is simple and has Nothing to do with others ! Ours is a ONE on ONE relationship forever more ! We are All a Spirit being ! 2Ti_3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: satan tries to put evil thoughts in our minds , to trick us ! Also the Holy Spirit puts thoughts in our minds ! We decide which one thoughts we accept ? .Rom_9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: Zec_4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. Gal_4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
    Heb_12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
    Rom_8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    Eph_3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

13. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paragraphs are your friends.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MennoSota

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many are born with their spirits dead because of trespasses and sins?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many of us were able to make ourselves come to life again by own efforts?

16. spirit1st

spirit1st Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He was Born in the OLD TESTAMENT ! Died to Become the New Testament ! The four gospels were The OLD testament ! Up and until He died on the CROSS ! Then He changed The LAW and the Priesthood ! The New L:AWS for us are Faith and LOVE 1 The new Priesthood is Judah ! Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.Heb_7:14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. Heb_8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

17. spirit1st

spirit1st Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All mankind are born sinners [Dead spiritually] Without the New Birth ! We All would be bound for HELL! We Must be Born Again To have eternal life !
    Joh_3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    Joh_3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    1Pe_1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We born anew believers love God and love those God died for. We love the Word of God and love that it means what it says, and says what it means. The Gospel is not that you were saved or damned from all eternity for all eternity and nothing you do will alter that fate for yourself or for those you love.

Total Spiritual Inability from conception is false doctrine, we start out with Limited Spiritual Ability, able to understand spiritual milk, but not spiritual meat. Some lose their spiritual ability because of hardening, like the first soil of Matthew 13, but the rest if cultivated, planted and watered may trust in Christ and have their faith credited as righteousness by God.

God chooses individuals for salvation through faith in the truth.

Christ laid down His life as a ransom for all. God desires all people to be saved. And everyone believing into Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Christ died for you, be reconciled to God, through faith in Jesus Christ.

The Godpel of Jesus Christ.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Andy is correct on this score. The Westminster Confession of Faith was indeed written by Calvinists. Most of the members were Presbyterians. There were a few Anglicans, and at least five Nonconformists/Independents.

20. sdbrittain

sdbrittain New Member

I am a 4 point Calvinist and believe in unconditional election and effectual calling.

I don't know who the elect are.

All people are commanded to repent and place faith in Christ. Christians are commanded to preach the gospel to all people.

As the Gospel is preached to all people .... the elect come to the surface.

I don't need to know who the elect are. I have been commanded to preach the Gospel to ALL people.

The system seems to work well.

• Agree Agree x 1