1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Heavenly Zion and Jerusalem. .....the Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have an odd way of generating thought--questioning the salvation of another is against the rules. Basically that is what you did.
    Christ is my Lord (not Satan), although Christ has left me to live in the kingdom of Satan to be a light in this world, and salt on this earth. I do believe the Bible teaches us to do that. God's kingdom needs no light and no salt. We aren't there yet.
    "Out of it" in a spiritual sense, but not "out of it" physically. This is still Satan's domain. "Love not the world. What world? The world that Satan has domain over. He is the god of this world, the world in which we live in.
    Family is one thing. The world or kingdom is quite another. We are still in Satan's kingdom. We are not "home yet." We are strangers and pilgrims traveling through a foreign land (Satan's land) traveling to our home where our citizenship is (Phil.3:20), but we are not there yet.

He is the god of "this world," meaning this world-system, the world that we are to hate, the world that we are not to love.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
    --God hates the world. It is not of the Father.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
    --Speaking to Christians James says that if you are a friend of the world you are the enemy of God.
    That is how much God hates this world, this world system that Satan is the ruler over.
    Again, we are strangers and pilgrims in this kingdom which we live in, but our citizenship is in heaven.
    Satan does have his rule here. So we are in this world of his, but we are not "of the world."
    The same concept holds true when I go to a foreign nation. I am in that nation as a foreigner. I live there temporarily. I am there but not "of there." And I am thankful when I "come home."

As just demonstrated one can be in a nation or kingdom and yet not be of that nation. We are in a kingdom but not of it. Our citizenship is in heaven.

1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
    1Pe 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Philippians 3:20 For our citizenship is in heaven; whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (ASV)
    Yes, and we still live here among the unregenerate also.
    Though I have changed my address a few times I still live in the same city in which I was saved. I haven't moved much geographically. It is the same world, and it is Satan's world. Love not the world. We have a purpose here.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Perhaps you are confused by the KJV. We are not "translated" as Enoch was.

(ESV) He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,

(EMTV) He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

He delivered or rescued us from the darkness of sin and Satan, and placed us under the sovereignty of our Lord. He is our rightful Ruler. There is no change of worlds or kingdoms here. There is no visible kingdom here. The king is not here; he is absent. Satan is the god of this world. And we still live in it. Someday Christ will come as King of kings and Lord of lords. Someday, but not now.

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DHK, I never questioned your salvation. Now please stop it.

It was an honest question. I wasn't questioning your walk with God.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Where did I use the word 'translated'? That's right, I didn't, you imported it because you need to erect another straw man.

Show all of us where I used this term or the KJV.

Your point?

Who said the kingdom was visible? Me? Exactly, I didn't! So what is your point?

Oh, so YHWH is not Omnipresent in your doctrine after all, eh? Yes, He is not according to you.

No matter where the elect are, YHWH is there. That is excepting of you, He is absent here. What you've stated in your own sentence is heresy. The King is here, and has ALL authority, note Matthew 28:18ff. You deny this and pit 2 Corinthians 4:4 against it.

Of the lost world. He does not rule here. But then again you say the King is absent. How horrible, He is not after all Omnipresent according to your doctrine!

My King is here and He reigns. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Internet Theologian

Yet he has questioned my salvation, to which I have a screenshot. He has done this with several here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There was a reason I didn't answer it, and not the reason you think. Now let's move on.

7. Internet Theologian

'The king is not here; he is absent' - DHK concerning Christ.

A denial of Omnipresence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

As far as I could tell (I could be wrong) you were quoting from the KJV which uses the word "translated." You did quote the verse. Let me check.
    Here it is:
    So you used it. Obviously I thought it was a source of confusion for you, so I quoted a couple of other translations for your benefit. Do you have a problem with that?
    The point is that "translated" may not be the best word to use. "Transferred" is easier to understand.
    Thus I quoted the ESV. And your problem is??

So why are you arguing with me, and why are you confused. The god of this world, this world system, is Satan. Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world." It is a spiritual unseen kingdom. I have never denied that. The kingdom of God is within you. I have never denied that. So why the argument.
    Do you still deny that Satan is the god of this world? It is a world that God hates.
    "Love not the world and all that is in the world..." You do believe that right?
    However there is a coming Kingdom which is a physical kingdom on this earth. That is where you might disagree. I realize that.
    Did I ever say that? Quote me.
    God is always omnipresent. If He wasn't, then God would not be God.
    God was omnipresent in the time of Adam and Eve. In your theology his kingdom was not then but it is now. Funny thing that. Do you deny his omnipresence in the time of Adam and Eve, or did he just have less of a world to take care of, and less responsibility because you say he had no kingdom. It is nice to make up things as you go along, right?

Again. Quote me. You misrepresent my words.
    Jehovah is omnipresent, and I never said otherwise.
    Satan, according to 2Cor.4:4 is the god of this world. Does that make Christs absent. No. Christ will rule when He comes again and sets up his Kingdom here on earth. God has given Satan control over this world now, even as he did in the time of Job. But I suppose you will deny that in the face of the clear teaching of Scripture as well.
    There is no king ruling on this earth today. Christ is in heaven. He has a spiritual kingdom. His kingdom is not on earth. This is Satan's kingdom, a cosmos, a world-system which God hates. "Love not the world" the inspired Word of God says." Or does the King of kings rule over that which he hates??
    You say:
    1. He rules over that which he hates. "Love not the world..."
    2. He rules over that which is his enemy. (James 4:4). Whosoever is a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

You have a very strange and odd theology.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A misrepresentation of facts which is a lie.
    The King is not ruling. He is not here as King but He is here to all who would wish to receive Him as Lord and Saviour. This is the dispensation of grace. Soon it will be too late. The dispensation of judgment is right around the corner. And then he will set up His Kingdom. That offer of grace will not be around too much longer.
    No the King (as King) is not here. But Christ is.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK
    or true?

Denying His rule does not mean it is not happening.
    10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

These citizens refused to acknowledge His lawful rule as some do today

He is here as Prophet, Priest, and King.....just because you do not see Him does not mean He is not reigning.
    There has always been grace in the bible. Noah found grace in the eyes of The Lord.
    These thoughts are somewhat confused...but we have seen it before.More off topic rambling...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK

We have asked you to back up your attacks with direct quotes and you never do....so why should anyone answer you when you copy us and request the same from you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Plague of Darkness

Then the LORD said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt—darkness that can be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.[Exodus 10:21-23]

Goshen was a picture of the church. In the world of darkness, the church dwells everly in the Light of God.

We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.[1 John 5:19]

Now, the whole world is under the control of the evil one(Satan). Are the believers under his(Satan's) control? Ab-so-lute-lee not.

13. Internet Theologian

I want this dealt with and out in the open for all to see. DHK lies yet again:

No, I didn't use it. Any person can look through this thread at all my responses and see I never said this. But you put it in quotations to make it look like as if I did. Why do you put something in quotations to make it appear to everyone that I said it?

You are wrong and you're lying again.

For the record DHK just lied yet again and quoted me as saying something I never stated. He goes as far as to put it in quotations as if I had.

Why does a professing believer lie continuously? Why does one who is a known liar moderate others? Why is this moderator allowed to lord over us and lie about us, question our salvation on a regular basis? Also, DHK goes on in his lying response with other lies about me. I don't have the time nor the interest to address it all.

#133 Internet Theologian, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What else do you expect from one who has been given free reign and carteblanche?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For the record, go back to your post here:
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...erusalem-the-church.98427/page-6#post-2210860

Here you referenced Col1:13. In fact it is a link. Click on the link. It uses the word "translate."
    Don't call me a liar, when I have not done so. Consider your own words. Look at your own posts. And cool the rhetoric.

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Based on what? Are you a child? Monkey see; monkey do? Read my above post and answer to IT.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You take an OT story and allegorize it, trying to make it apply to the NT. It doesn't.
    1 John 5:19 more accurately says that "the whole world lies under the power of the "Evil one." That means Satan.

1 Pet. 2:11 says that we are pilgrims and stranger on this earth.
    Phil.3:20 says that our citizenship is in heaven.
    Put the facts together.
    Jesus said "The kingdom of God is within you.
    He also said to Pilate. "My kingdom is not of this world" (Jn.18:36)
    Paul said of Satan that he "is the god of this world," that is this physical world.
    The OT spoke of a physical Kingdom that Christ would rule over:
    Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
    Isaiah 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
    --Of course that time has never come. There has never been a time in history when man has not been at war some where in the world.

When I go into a foreign nation that has a national religion, like Islam, just like your nation I must obey the civil laws (keep the speed limit, etc.). Just like the rest of the world (your nation included) Satan is the god of the world. If I go into their mosques I enter into Satan's domain. If I join hands with the Muslim I commit spiritual fornication or perhaps adultery in this case. I, even as a believer become the enemy of God.
    Billy Graham does this with Roman Catholics and Rick Warren does this with Chrislam. They join hand in hand with unbelievers.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
    15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
    16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    --God's command is clear. Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. This is not simply talking about marriage. It was far more than that. He was speaking of eccleisastical separation.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
    --Separate from them. Have nothing to do with them.

I can live in a foreign nation and not be under the domain and reign of Satan; not compromise my position as a Christian.
    You can do the same thing here because you are a citizen of heaven, a stranger and a pilgrim on this earth, and need to be a light to the citizens of those who walk under Satan's rule or in spiritual wickedness. That is what we are commanded to do. It is a spiritual battle. Our home is still heaven.

Just because Christ is still here spiritually does not mean he is here physically. His kingdom is not of this world. To say that it is to deny the gospel.
    He came. He lived here, died here, was buried here, and then rose again, and now sits on the right hand of God and makes intercession for us (saints). That is his present ministry.

Some day he will come again and set up his kingdom on this earth.
    His present ministry is intercession.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not true. To say that the King (Christ) is here, on the earth, is to deny the gospel.
    Here is scripture:
    Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
    --When he was here, he died, was buried, and rose again. That is what happened. Now he is in his body, and sits on the right hand of God making intercession for us.
    Someday he will come again as King and set up his Kingdom, but not now.
    As King, he is not here. If you keep asserting that he is, you deny the gospel.
    This was spoken for the good of Israel. You are taking it out of its context.

He may qualify for all those offices but that doesn't mean he is exercising his rule as King right now.

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did put Col 1:13 down as a reference but did not quote the verse.
    However you used the word "transferred" rather than "translated" as the KJV states. As all your other quotes seem to be from the KJV I can only assume DHK read the quote from the KJV without noticing you changed "translated" to "transferred."
    Uh, no, he put it in quotation marks to show that he was quoting the KJV, not you.
    But he didn't. He was quoting what the KJV says.

Look, we all know you don't like DHK (I am not excessively fond of him myself, but don't tell him I said so :D ), and you nit pick on everything he posts. But try to be reasonable. If you understand him to be making a statement you disagree with, don't launch into accusations of lying, apostasy, etc. Instead ask him to clarify. "Do you really deny the Omnipresence of Christ?" That is much more emotionally mature and Christ like than playing "gotcha" with every post.

I am pretty sure, if you give him the opportunity, he will do one of two things. He will correct the misunderstanding by addressing the fact that he does, indeed, believe in the Omnipresence of Christ in has Deity, as the Son of God.

Or he may deny either the Deity of Christ or the Omnipresence of God, in which case we will all gang up on him. :D

20. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If a king travels away from the realm of where he is king does he stop being a king of that realm.
    Does the distance that he travels determine whether or not He is King?
    If the king is not physically present in the same room you are does that mean he's not the king?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.