1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Hidden Faith of the Founding Fathers.......

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, Jun 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that I really care what you think, but why do you believe my views are un-Biblical? I suspect we have different views of what the Ecumenical movement entails. I am opposed to the extreme view of suggesting all religions are of equal value. On the other hand, I see no problem with unity with brothers & sisters of other Christian backgrounds - e.g. Pentecostals, Presbyterians, Calvinists, etc. As long as Christ is proclaimed, we can work around our different views. Heck, I don't even agree with most of the people in the Southern Baptist church that I am a member of in everything. We have different views regarding the present day use of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, different views of the End Times, etc.

Again, not that I really care what you think, but I can't imagine what you base that view on.

This thread is about whether our founding fathers were Christians. David Barton's website has a plethora of material which supports the view that they were. Regardless of your view of Barton, you should at least consider the evidence of the original supporting documents. By the way, why would you believe a liberal source like Wikipedia over Barton's own website? Sad.

#41 Lodic, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think anyone here can deny that there was both much light and much darkness among the founding fathers of the USA.
    We see this in the Bible even during revivals under great leaders and kings.
    To paint all founding fathers as born-again Christians who believed the Bible is misleading, and to paint all founding fathers and their works as Satanic is also misleading.
    More than that, there were some good men who may have had questionable associations but that doesn't nullify their salvation or righteous intents and works. Jehoshaphat joined affinity with Ahab the Baal-worshipper. Was Jehoshaphat therefore a secret Baal-worshipper?
    There needs to be temperance in discerning things.

#42 George Antonios, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I know you do not care, that is very obvious....
    Since you do not separate yourself from those who are ecumenical, which means they support being one with the Catholic Church, the Harlot of Rome. Protestants, Calvinists, Pentecostals, Methodist, and every other instrutionalized church support the ecumenical system of the RCC.

I have nothing more to say to you.
    Because you are not one that is worthy for any further discussion. Your Gospel is not the one I follow......

This is over.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Obviously you did not watch the video, and as I have said before, you have no spiritual discernment. So no need to talk further, because you do not know what you are talking about....heirlings are everywhere.

5. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank God for His mercy!

Since you started the thread, why not request it be closed? That way, it will truly be over.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just talking to that particular person.

However, since most commenting on this particular thread are Apostate, and care nothing for the Doctrines of My dear Lord, and His apostles.
    I shake the dust off my person, with you all.

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
    Luk_9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

7. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was more than just the video discussed in the thread, and I was broaching that broader discussion.
    And almost everyone here agrees that ecumenism is evil.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @CalTech,
    I now plan on watching said video, this weekend. It is over 2hrs.
    Do you agree with the Apostle Paul? Ephesians. Deuteronomy 23:22. Jesus, Matthew and James on this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.