1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Image & Name of the Beast

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walpole

Walpole Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held." - Revelation 6:9

If you guys don't like images and think they are idolatrous, why are you posting so many of them here?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This thread reads like the pages of a Dan Brown book.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are we Mary worshipers or Pope worshipers in this one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

See, the Holy Scriptures are not a book of history, as you think, and it we can see even by your post. God is not a storyteller, understand?

Scriptures are a book of deep revelations, it is the book of the Lord God, do you agree? 1 Cor.2:v.9-10 : - 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

See, the king of Tyre was never an inhabitant of the Garden of God, the Garden of Eden, but never, much less he was wiser than Daniel, never, but never.

The things that God revealed by His Spirit to the prophet Ezekiel was written in allegorical language, understand?

In fact, God was not and is not speaking of the PERSONAGE you referred in your post, by the way a vulgar king. Actually God speaks by allegory of the former ruler of Eden, a former Cherub, Satan.
    The RULER of EDEN WAS THE MAIN TREE of EDEN. Eze. 31: v.7-10. All the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.(v.9)

Speaking by allegory of the king of Tyre, in Ezekiel 28:v.13-15 God says:

13 - Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering ... prepared in thee in the day that thou was created.
    14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
    15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

See, the king of Tyre was never an inhabitant of the Garden of God, the Garden of Eden, but never.

The things that God revealed by His Spirit to the prophet Ezekiel was written in allegorical language, understand?

In fact, God was not and is not speaking of the vulgar PERSONAGE of history you referred in your post , yeah, actually a vulgar king,

but by allegory God is speaking of Satan, the former ruler of Eden, do not you discern this? Can't you discern the Spirit of God in the message of the prophet Ezekiel beyond the letter??

See, the own Scripture reveals that "the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life", do you agree? Consequently, if you interpret and preach Scriptures by the letter you kill the hearer or the reader, and become a killer, and you also die.

It would be good you re-study the matter but by the Spirit of God, not by the spirit of man or even by the letter of Scriptures, the letter kills.

You must see that in Ezekiel 28 God speaks allegoricaly of the king of Tyre, but He is referring to the former Cherub, Satan.

And in Ezekiel chapter 31 God speaks or reffers also to the former Cherub, Satan, but allegoricaly Satab is represented by Pharaoh, the king of Egypt, did not you see this detail?

Therefore, the two kings - king of Tyre and king of Egipt - referred in Ezekiel 28 and 31 both refers allegorically to the same EVIL personage, that is the Devil, the own Satan, a former ruler of Eden and the main TREE of the Garden of Eden.

In Christ JESUS , KING of kings (made them by him), and LORD of lords

5. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We are indeed!

#125 Walter, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  6. Oseas3

Oseas3 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Today the men make idols not only of the clay of the earth, but of every kind of the dust of earth, even man was and is also made by the dust of the earth.

To whorship Mary or Mr. Pope is idolatry, and all kind of idolatry is of the Devil, and everyone who embrace an idolater and demonic cult will be cast into the lake of everlasting fire, the hell's fire.

There will not be forgiveness. All are lost for ever because there is no more sacrifice for forgiveness of sins, the sacrifice of Jesus was the last sacrifice offered for forgiveness of sins. By the way, the FULLNESS of Gentiles has arrived. The door is shut for the Gentile peoples for salvation.

Therefore thus will I do unto thee, O Israel: and because I will do this unto thee, prepare to meet thy God, O Israel.

The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven in flaming FIRE taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not His gospel, the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the Glory of His Power;

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings (made them by Him) and LORD of lords

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A CULTIC trait is trying to reduce Scripture to "figurative-symbolic" status to make it fit one's agenda. Well, it WON'T WORK! Scripture is mostly LITERAL.

The verses being cited DO refer to both Satan & the human kings of Tyre, especially the one who introduced his new idol Milqar to Tyre.

And the fulfilling of the prophecy against Tyre (and those against Egypt) prove the literality of those Scriptures. The old fortress of tyre is no more, & what's called Tyre today is inhabited by Lebanese, who were not its original inhabitants.

And today, we see Egypt as mostly a 3rd-world rat hole. It was once the RICHEST & among the most-powerful of nations. For centuries, it was ruled by foreigners, and now is dirt-poor, relying on tourism & foreign aid to stay afloat. And another prophecy, in Isaiah 19 about Egypt, has come to pass. While Egypt won't admit it, the 80 million Egyptians quake with fear every time one of the 6 million Jews in Israel rattles his Uzi. Israel has kicked their cans twice, & they don't want #3. (But God also said in Isaiah 19 that he's gonna bless Egypt & Assyria along with Israel, purging Egypt of idol-worship(getting ridda Islam, I assume) & a road will connect Israel, Egypt, & Assyria. (Who the Assyrians are today, & why He will bless them, I don't know; I only know what God said.)

8. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Immediately it comes to mind that you would reject Matthew 26:26; Mark 14:22; Luke 22:19; and 1 Corinthians 11:24 as merely symbolic and not the Real Presence and where. John 6: 54-55 is mere mythology. Can you explain the contradiction?

JoeT

9. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, it would be if we did, but we don't, but I assume you see us headed into the everlasting flames regardless of what we state. Rabid anti-Catholics like yourself and the OP love to show your fangs.

10. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

The Seal of the Living God (Rev. 7:3)

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way (Isaiah 53:6a).

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand (John 10:27-28).

All mankind have purposefully and willfully sinned against the true God. Yet it was the good pleasure of God, out of His unfathomable free grace, mercy and love, to call out a people to serve Him in Spirit and truth. It is to these, and these only, who are given saving grace which guarantees them heirs of eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

In Revelation 7:3 we are told those sealed in their foreheads will not be ‘hurt,’ meaning ‘perish.’ For God Almighty is greater than all and will not fail to accomplish His purpose to be their God and they His people (Revelation 21:7).

This seal of protection from perishing was exemplified in Exodus 12:

For the Lord will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the Lord will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you (verse 23).

Another significant Scripture passage exemplifying this truth is found in Ezekiel 9:

And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house (verses 4-6).

These two examples used physical markings to distinguish those protected by God.

It is true visible markings may be used for identification purposes, such as ownership. Sheep are marked for easy identification by their owner, especially when mixed with others.

[​IMG]

Yet Christ, the Good Shepherd, does not need a visible mark or seal to identify His sheep.

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity (2 Timothy 2:19).

When did Christ know His sheep? From the beginning (John 15:27). From the beginning of what? From eternity, before the foundation of the world (Acts 15:18).

There was never a time Christ did not know the identities of His sheep, love His sheep and would die for His sheep:

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd (John 10:14-16).

These are they given to Him by the Father (John 17:6). They will never be lost (John 6:39). They will be taught of God (John 6:45). They will be given a heart to know, love and obey the Lord God (Jeremiah 24:7; Ezekiel 36:26-27).

And that seal of the living God will never be broken.

NEXT: A false seal which purports to be of God, but is the mark of the Beast.

11. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do the iconoclasts who continually deride images as idolatrous keep posting idolatrous images?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Protestant

A False Seal which Purports to be of God, but is the Mark of the Beast.

Saying: Hurt not the earth, nor the sea, nor the trees, till we sign the servants of our God in their foreheads (Rev. 7:3, Modern-day Douay-Rheims Bible).

The 1582 Rheims New Testament in English was unique because its mission was to counteract the several Protestant English Bible translations which contained glosses antithetical to the teachings of Rome. Furthermore, this Roman Catholic Bible had several significant translation differences which contradicted the Protestant translations. And last but not least, the Protestant Geneva Bibles identified the Roman Church as Mystery Babylon, the Papacy and its members the Antichrist. The Roman Church used their Jesuit-inspired Rheims New Testament as a weapon of defense against the accusations of the ‘Calvinist heretics,’ naming the Reformers ‘the forerunners of Antichrist.’

The Rheims NT marginal gloss on Rev. 7:3 reads, “It is an allusion to the sign of the Cross which the faithful bear in their foreheads, to show they be not ashamed of Christ.”

The Roman Catholic obsession with the ‘sign of the cross’ has been noted in this post.

This ‘sign of the cross’ is the means by which the ‘mark’ or ‘character’ is given by the priest or bishop (See this post).

Incredibly, the terminology used is exactly that of their Bible translation concerning ‘mark of the beast.’ In addition, it is given on the forehead of the recipient. Coincidence or prophecy fulfilled?

Now let us examine the Douay-Rheims' marginal gloss and in-depth annotations on 2 Corinthians 1:22:

Who also hath sealed us, and given the pledge of the Spirit in our hearts.

Gloss: “The indelible character of Baptism, Confirmation, Holy Orders.”

Annotations: “The learned Divines by this place and by the like in the fourth to the Ephesians [v. 10] , that the Sacrament of Baptism doth not only give grace, but imprinteth and sealeth the soul of the baptized, with a spiritual sign, mark, badge, or token, which can never be blotted out, neither by sin, heresy, apostasy, or other ways, but remaineth forever in man for the cognizance of his Christendom, and for distinction from others which were never of Christ’s fold, by which also he is as it were consecrated and deputed to God, made capable and partaker of the rights of the Church, and subject to her laws and discipline……..As the like indelible characters given also by the Sacraments of Confirmation and Orders, so make those also irreiterable and never to be received but once.”

In other words, no matter the depth of depravity of the Roman Catholic baptized, confirmed sinner, he will always have the indelible mark of God and Christianity upon his soul.

If that isn’t the Devil’s doctrine, I don’t know what is.

Let’s now evaluate the fruit of a son of the Roman Catholic Church who was baptized and confirmed, having received the indelible character of God and Church upon his soul.

His name is Adolph Hitler.

Brother Adolph took the indelible mark on his soul, as proclaimed by the Roman Catholic Church, when he was baptized and confirmed a son of Holy Mother the Church.

Below is an oil painting by brother Adolph depicting ‘Mother Mary with the Holy Child Jesus Christ,’ proving the efficacy of his ‘sealing.’

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, there was leakage in brother Adolph’s seal, resulting in his being personally responsible for the slaughter of millions upon millions of Jews and Gentiles.

NEXT: 144,000 Jews of circumcised flesh or 144,00 Jews whose hearts were circumcised by the Spirit?

13. Walpole

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    FYI, Catholics do not believe in the Protestant notion of "once saved, always saved."

Perhaps you are unaware, but Hitler renounced Catholicism and despised it, calling it a "lie" and "nonsense". Furthermore, he sought to have the pope murdered. Hitler considered Catholics among the untermensch (subhuman masses) and killed hundreds of thousands of them.

"The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is the illegitimate child of Christianity. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity." - Hitler, Table Talk

Sources: Hilter's Table Talk and the testimony of Erwin Lahousen, first witness for the prosecution at Nurnberg, Germany, Feb 1, 1946, Nothing Sacred, Alvarez and Graham, 84

P.S. Why does a self-proclaimed "Iconbuster" continually post icons and graven images?

• Like Like x 1
  14. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Labor not for the meat which perisheth, but for that which endureth unto life everlasting, which the Son of man will give you. For him hath God, the Father, sealed.

We work toward things that are eternal given to us by God, an indelible seal that marks us like circumcision as just.

The seal is a symbol close to that of anointing. "The Father has set his seal" on Christ and also seals us in him. 50 Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Orders, the image of the seal (sphragis) has been used in some theological traditions to express the indelible "character" imprinted by these three unrepeatable sacraments. [CCC 698]​

Rightly Catholics are taught from Scripture that when we receive the Holy Spirit in Baptism we are sealed [Cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22], we remain sealed till the day of redemption, [Cf. Ephesians 4:30].

A seal of TRUE faith is the substance of knowledge in God. Substance can be thought of as the ‘what’ a thing is. Therefore faith is ‘what’ those things are that we hope for [Cf. Hebrew 11:1]. Consequently, Baptism is removal of the 'guilt' and the penalty of eternal death in the original sin (which in Adam results in our privation of original Justice, the forgiveness of actual sin (the focused consent of the will to enter into immoral acts), which the baptismal grace checks, at least in part, disordered desires (concupiscence) no longer entirely rules the psyche. We “baptized in Christ Jesus, are baptized in his death” consequently in our second Baptism we re-crucify Christ. One Baptism, One Seal, One Church.

Baptism plants us in the Church, not in a book, "in His own service, and put on you the armor of righteousness: may He fill you with heavenly things of the New Covenant, and give you the seal of the Holy Spirit indelible throughout all ages, in Christ Jesus Our Lord: to whom be the glory forever and ever! Amen." [Cyril of Jerusalem, Procatechesis, 17]. Baptism becomes a 'mark' or character similar to circumcision for the Hebrew; an identifying mark of the 'people of God'. Baptism is a spiritual mark that signifies we belong to the "Body of Christ" enabling participation in the liturgy and sacramental life of Christ. Baptism is the seal that certifies Salvation but only when kept intact. [Cf. CCC 1274,197, 2016]. And what should befall us should we not keep the seal?

Wherefore, then, my brethren, let us struggle with all earnestness, knowing that the contest is [in our case] close at hand, and that many undertake long voyages to strive for a corruptible reward; yet all are not crowned, but those only that have labored hard and striven gloriously. Let us therefore so strive, that we may all be crowned. Let us run the straight course, even the race that is incorruptible; and let us in great numbers set out for it, and strive that we may be crowned. And should we not all be able to obtain the crown, let us at least come near to it. We must remember that he who strives in the corruptible contest, if he be found acting unfairly, is taken away and scourged, and cast forth from the lists. What then think ye? If one does anything unseemly in the incorruptible contest, what shall he have to bear? For of those who do not preserve the seal [unbroken], [the Scripture] says, "Their worm shall not die, and their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be a spectacle to all flesh." Isaiah 66:24 [St. Clement, Second Epistle, 7]​

Have the Chinese been selling you weak tea again? I can’t figure what this has to do with anything but Catholics. Many protest the sign, receiving the mark, their faith being quite delible. Once given to Jesus Christ “no one can snatch them out of the hand of my Father." [John 10:29] Not even a Baptist preacher. But, one always has free will to turn their back on Christ, walking with Christ no more. Even still, the mark remains. And as you step deeper into sin, the mark does not rub off; rather it is covered over, forgetting who the master is, even having the pretense of pretending to be the master.

Speaking of pretentiousness, Scripture was written by the Apostles for the authority of the Church only being understood within the Church.

The ‘sign of the cross’ is just that, a sign of our baptism. It is recalling our baptismal vows and receipt of that ‘indelible mark’. Furthermore, we ask for blessing in the name of “the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit” after Matthew 28:19-20. The ‘mark’ is received once in one Baptism - attempting to re-baptize as I’ve said earlier is to re-crucify Christ.

How utterly coincidental that Satan would enact false ‘marks’, or is it? What is more incredible is that confessing a book in which His Word is completely undone.

The devil’s doctrine removes hope - he wants chaos and strife both in the heart and the soul as well as in Satan’s kingdom. Un-sealing doesn’t seal us as members of Christ’s Kingdom, I think you got something backwards, if it could be done, it condemns you.

Do you read more fiction than Scripture? It was the errors of Protestantism that gave birth to Hitler who renounced the Church and persecuted her.

JoeT

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. JoeT

JoeT Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In my previous post I failed to mention a salient point being, God fulfills His promises to the letter. By the methods of "Sola Scriptura", in receiving the Holy Spirit in Baptism we are sealed [Cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22], we remain sealed till the day of redemption, [Cf. Ephesians 4:30]. The prophets of the Old Testament conveyed the promises of the Law, Israel failed their part. Christ perfected the Law of the Old Testament making the Law a "Law of life" [Cf. Matthew 5:18; Romans 8:2].

We conclude therefore, like circumcision, the Mark of the Holy Spirit identifies us as belonging to Christ meriting the Spirit in the heart, mind and soul. The short of it the indelible mark is not removable. The one who gives a "grace", i.e. a gift, does not later want it back, or expect something of equivalent worth in return for His gift is of love.

JoeT

• Like Like x 2
  16. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there will only be 36 K Jews, from the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, & Levi. Those tribes make up the Jews.The rest will be Israelis of the other tribes.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six HourWarning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 5:45 PM Pacific.

18. Protestant

144,000 Jews of circumcised flesh or 144,00 Jews whose hearts were circumcised by the Spirit?

But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God (Romans 2:29).

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel (Romans 9:6b).

Herein lies one of the most significant controversies in the professing Christian Church today. One side believes literal fleshly Israel are the sealed, while the other side believes spiritual Israel, the New Testament Christian Church, comprising both Jew and Gentile believers, born of the Spirit, are the sealed.

Had Paul not written several Epistles emphasizing in the eyes of the Lord there is no difference between believing Jews and Gentiles (Romans 10:12); that He has made the two groups into one and has broken down the barrier of the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14-16; 3:6), there might be credibility to the doctrines promulgated by Dispensationalist Futurists.

A Central Bible Truth Not Accepted by All

The Old Testament foreshadowed Christ through innumerable types comprised of people, sacrifices, ordinances and holy days. This is without controversy.

The controversy swirls around the identity of God’s New Testament Israel, Christ’s true Church, His Body and Spouse. Did the Lord foreshadow the anti-type New Testament Israel, the true Church of Christ, using Old Testament Israel as the type?

In 1 Corinthians 10 Paul testifies Old Testament Israel prefigured New Testament Church ordinances such as baptism and the Lord’s Supper. They even drank from a spiritual rock, which was Christ. Yet that was not sufficient to save them, for they were yet in unbelief as to the promises of God.

Now these things were our types [Greek: τυπος] (1 Corinthians 10:6a). These Old Testament Israelite types were for our edification, benefit and warning (verse 11). Idolaters who profess to be followers of Christ are doomed, as was idolatrous Israel. The sacrifices made by the Gentiles (of which unregenerate Israel were partakers) were not sacrificed to the true God, but to demons (v. 20). But does this fact hold true today? Is the sacrifice of the Mass the prophetic anti-type of which Paul describes? Certainly no true Christian, born of the Spirit, sealed by the living God, would willingly dare provoke the wrath of God by partaking in a ritual which openly denies the once for all, never to be repeated, perfect sacrifice of Christ. Nor would such a person willingly mock the wisdom and grace of God in sending Christ in the first place. Or would they?

New Testament Christian Meaning Given to Old Testament Judaism

The first chapter of Revelation gives us the key to understanding how we are to interpret the numerous OT Hebraisms. John sees Christ as the high priest in the holy place of the Temple among the seven lampstands (vs. 12-13). Christ interprets these as the seven churches. Thus, unless otherwise noted, that which is spoken in Hebraic terms are types describing their Christian anti-types.

Incredibly, this truth is taught throughout the New Testament.

1. Christians, Jew and Gentile, are the house of God, the temple of God (Ephesians 2:19-22; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Timothy 3:15; 1 Peter 2:5).

2. We are a holy priesthood offering sacrifices acceptable to God, unlike the unholy sacrifices of the Christian posers (1 Peter 2:5; Hebrews 13:15).

3. We are now considered Israelites, fellow citizens of true Israel (Ephesians 2:11-19; Galatians 6:16; Matthew 8:11; Matthew 15:24; Acts 5:31; Philippians 3:3).

4. Heavenly Jerusalem is our ‘mother’ (Galatians 4:26).

5. James writes his Gospel letter to Christians, whom he calls the 12 tribes.

6. The noun translated ‘assembly’ in James 2:2 is actually the Greek noun for ‘synagogue’ (Strong’s # 4864).

7. We Gentiles are grafted into the same olive tree which God will one day graft back a multitude of Jewish believers (Romans 11:24).

Hebraisms in the Letters to the 7 Christian Churches

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan (Letter to church in Smyrna).

The Lord is speaking to professing Christians, yet uses metaphors to emphasize the relationship of OT Israel, the type, to NT Israel, the anti-type.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols (Letter to church in Thyatira).

The Lord uses the OT wife of Ahab as a metaphor to describe a wicked female prophetess who, though claiming Christ as Lord and Savior, seduces men to sacrifice to false gods.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee (Letter to the church of Philadelphia).

Once again, the Lord uses metaphors to emphasize the relationship of OT Israel, the type, to NT Israel, the anti-type.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name (Letter to the church of Philadelphia).

The Lord corroborates Paul’s doctrine that Gentile Christians are now viewed as equal to Jewish Christians communing with the God of Israel in the temple and city of God.

It is noteworthy the Lord mentions the seriousness of the sin of eating things sacrificed to idols several times.

Is it possible the modern sacrifice of the Mass falls into this category?

Conclusion

The 144,000 sealed are those elect Jews and Gentiles whose hearts have been circumcised by the Spirit. These have been taken out of the mass of professing Christians, according to the will and good pleasure of God. These are the wheat who have been separated from the tares. They are the seed of the woman; the spiritual seed of Abraham; the spiritual seed of Christ.

19. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I hope a Moderator will go through this thread and count the number of times the OP responded/debated anyone. ZILCH!!! Isn't the purpose of this forum to ENGAGE other Christians in doctrine/biblical views? The BB used to prohibit this kind of posting. All 'Protestant'has done is one cut & paste after another and was either too lazy/arrogant/unwilling,/ unable etc to defend the garbage he spewed here.

#139 Walter, Oct 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.